Virtual Races?

Has anyone run any virtual races? 
What do you think are the pros and cons? Do you take them seriously and do you get info on your "placing" among other runners?

Comments

• TBH, I'm not really sure I think they are a great idea. I have a couple of friends who have done them and love the 'bling', however whilst it would be good to have some more medals earned at my own leisure, I think it slightly takes the fun out of earning them in the company of everyone doing a great race, plus you miss out on all the other aspects or organised racing/running. That all said, I'm by no means saying they aren't 'earned' by those who chose to do them :smiley:
  • My friend and training partner is getting me to sign up to Race Your Pace (I can't post a link...) to aid training. I think they're a great motivation for building miles and great for those who are starting out with fitness and need a little kick...
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I've run a couple with my kids, who like the medals more than they like "real" races where there is the mad dash at the start followed by a lot of walking and weaving. 

And there are some pretty cool medals to be had (if you are 9 or 6).  Daughter No1 is a Star Wars geek, and is on the watch for a Millennium Falcon medal (we just missed out on one a while back).