Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2017

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    my number is 3096
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Just been carefully watching the weather forecast for race weekend, it does not look very favourable.

It will be getting milder from mid week onward's, and then there's the possibility of yet more wild weather.

Who saw Storm Brian on the horizon ?, possibility of the weather remaining unsettled right into November.

Nothing new, as the weather this time of the year is always a lottery.

Training has gone well, and whatever the weather , looking forward to my 24th race.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Any more target times?  And race numbers (if you want to) ...

The Single

• brer rabbit
    • Brickhill Runner 
    • Chimney
    • CSMLFC   1st SNOD   
    • dave turner 5   Sub-4
    • Goldeagle
    • Hobie 1495    Sub-4
    • InsideForward
    • jasond2
    • Jimbob987
    • John Bach
    • legend777  Sub-5
    • MadWelshWoman
    • massive
    • Mc Hilly 
    • Mr panad
    • panad
    • Peter John Lewis
    • Pete Thomas 6
    • Poopster
    • Ralph davies   3:25
    • Reydon Rover
    • Run Jono
    • Sir John a Lot
    • Steve Waygood
    • SwimsL1keaWalrus   1st SNOD
    • Tattooedrunner45
    • The Lazy Greyhound  3:40
    • #1152 TrailRunner22   Sub-3
    • Ultra Disco Stu
    • #3096 Wabo

The Double

• #1503 T Rex

• becs
    • Chrissi 
    • BritNick
    • Mokshaeight  
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Getting ready for tomorrow.  It's not often I do a 100-mile week, especially the week before a marathon.  Having to do them all in one day doesn't help!
  • Options
    Best of luck...... That will be one long training run.... Respect! And take care!
  • Options
    Hey LG, that's a good time you are aiming for!!! FOOW, will be great to see you again-please order nice weather again for this year please!!xx
  • Options
    Forecasts I have seen look quite promising. Cloudy with maybe odd shower and no strong winds.
  • Options
    Hi guys, can't believe it will all be over this time next week. Can you put me down for sub 4.30 T and I am number 1147. Good luck & best of health to all taking part on Saturday.
  • Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Oooo numbers...

2513 for me, and 645 for mr panad  :)
  • Options
    massivemassive ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, hope the 'tapering' is going well! Doing a 10 tomorrow. 
    Number 902 is me and could you please put me down for 3.50 T Rex. 
    Did anybody else get a bit excited when Snod marathon put the course profile on Facebook?!!
  • Options
    Jimbob987 said:
    Hi guys, can't believe it will all be over this time next week. Can you put me down for sub 4.30 T and I am number 1147. Good luck & best of health to all taking part on Saturday.
    Sorry T, forgot my manners & should have said please. Tried to edit the post but couldn't find an edit function anywhere?
  • Options
    Hi, number is 2789, and hope to finish in about 5 hours :-). Looking forward to it :-)
  • Options
    Last marathon I did was in April in Rotterdam. 4.30. I will try and run 4.30 pace. 10.20 miles but with the terrain, I expect to come in 4.45 on a good run. I am number 128. Pontypool running club. Training has gone well, despite a head cold in tapering. Will have a 10 miler tomorrow with a couple of hills. Looking forward to this. My 9th marathon!
  • Options
    The order went in a while ago Brer, just hope the delivery isn't delayed! ;-)
  • Options
    Just back from Chelmsford marathon, very windy..but that is it..last lsr before the best marathon ever. Travelling to Waunfawr tomorrow for start of half term hols. Happy days xx
  • Options
    Good luck to you all this weekend, hope you get the times you want .
  • Options
    I'm watching xcweather website v carefully! Looking good so far for Saturday :)
  • Options

Well done on surviving Chelmsford Brer. Enjoy your week of hill repeats in Waunfawr! As for my time... aiming for it is one thing but actually doing it is another thing entirely!!

Number 1836 for me.

• Options

Starting to doubt my target of sub 4hrs but still hopeful of getting close to last years 4:12. Forecast watching now a full time occupation.

Race number 1366

Good luck everyone, looking forward to my 3rd coaster.

• Options
    Hello all you fellow mad people :wink:

Nice to see the list is up and running again and even nicer to still see a lot of familiar names lol

Mr Rex, could I ask to be put on the list? My number this year is 911 and as always, just looking to get around the course :smile:

The very best of luck to you all on Saturday and above everything else, enjoy!

RWMS
  • Options
    jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    This talk of times and weather is all well and good, but has anyone given any thought to the post race beer? ? I'm guessing it will be The Shites - sorry Heights!
    Went for a 13m bimble yesterday... And had to abandon this morning's 6m and make it a 0.9m because my glutes had seized up!! Luckily, I already had a massage booked for today and it seems to have done the job - not exactly good for confidence though!
  • Options
    Good luck to you all..  Been a stop start year  for me . To simplify; 
    Job loss, too much time and mileage soared up to  18 by April.
    Knee and back  minor niggles ,runs average 6-8m.
    No interest in running more than 10m.
    Injury free ,  new job and although motivation is still a problem, up to 16m.

Thats where im at so its all in the lap of the gods. My 4hrs plan looks optimistic at best.
    Im there to enjoy the day ,  take it steady  and maybe that will  serve me well..

All the best.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hi all, proper taper mode for me, but I did the best park run on saturday for about 2.5 years!!
    Funny enough my last marathon was SNOD in 2013, I also did London that year. So much has happened since then that I havent fancied another or had to cancel - until now!!!
    5 hours will do me I dont care
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    My plan is to get to the finish line upright! Have knee, hamstring and achillies issues so will be a very slow run/walk all the way. Would love 5 hours but unlikely! My number is 2928!
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Well, I'm back.

Just in case it isn't immediately obvious, I need to say that 100 miles is a very long way to run.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Report (brief) to follow later.  After this jaded, out of body experience has subsided a bit.
  • Options

Welcome back TR. We can get the search party to stand down now!! Look forward to reading the report. Don't forget to let me know your lap one half way snack order.