Snowdonia Marathon 2017

Comments

• I was looking on the centurion running website for your time TRex but no results up yet. Look forward to hearing all about it. 

No idea what my number is. Put me down for 3.45 please which is very optimistic considering the lack of any run training. Thoroughly looking forward to it. 
  • Greetings from Minnesota. Flying tomorrow for Wednesday afternoon arrival in Llanberis. Weather looks too nice. Looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures. Safe travels everyone.
  • Just dropping by to wish you all a fab run on Saturday - will be with you in spirit!
    Please look out for my crazy friend who is running his fourth marathon in October to raise funds for the charity, Mind. He'll be the one carrying Trev (a rather large teddy bear) on his back!  Would make a great interview ;-) 
  • I saw Trev and the Teddy yesterday in Abingdon as he ran past me, I'll look out for them again this weekend!
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Evening all. 

I was right. I couldn't run easily and save what little I have for SNOD. Thoresby 10m trail yesterday - Pretty flat and on mostly hard tracks/tarmac is my excuse for going several minutes a mile faster than intended and seizing by the time I got home. On the flipside, I did the fastest 10m so far this year and had enough still left for a very easy 4m dog jog late afternoon to stretch out.
    Though as practice at taking it very easy to stretch the point where the body screams enough, I failed.

So as long as I can stop and rest for a few hours several times next weekend, pausing the clock of course, I could do a fast time. As I can't it'll be however long it takes....... 

Hope all is good with you all. 

T Rex, hope you've recovered from last weekend?
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Glad your back and in one piece TRex.
  • If anyone is not sure where to find their numbers before registration, they're here:  https://secure.onreg.com/onreg2/startlist/index.php?id=3534  (UDS, your number is 262 ;-) )

• Thanks foow, i believe my number is 540.
  • Yes, I've added it to your questionnaire reply Ralph (for 'tis me wot deals with those!)  - thanks for sending that back :) . (hint, hint to those who haven't! ;)
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    2031 for me. Thanks foow
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    T rex Saturday will be a walk in the park for you...
    I have all sorts of aches and pains and other things going on, taper madness
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'll be on the slow bus Chimney, may even stop for a shandy in Beddgelert if wheels are coming off!! 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    THE SINGLE

3:00
    #1152  TrailRunner22   

3:25
    #540  Ralph davies 

3:40
    The Lazy Greyhound 
    Ultra Disco Stu   

3:50  
    #902  massive  

4:00
    #1366  Hobie 1495    
    dave turner 5   

4:30
    #1147  Jimbob987 

4:45
    Stuart Allen 8  

5:00
    #2789  Mc Hilly 
    #3096  Wabo  
    legend777 

Also running 
    #645  Mr panad
    #911  runwithmysetter
    #2031  Chimney
    #2513  panad
    #2928  MadWelshWoman
    brer rabbit
    Brickhill Runner 
    CSMLFC   1st SNOD   
    Goldeagle
    InsideForward
    jasond2
    John Bach
    Peter John Lewis
    Pete Thomas 6
    Poopster
    Reydon Rover
    Run Jono 
    Sir John a Lot
    Steve Waygood
    SwimsL1keaWalrus   1st SNOD
    Tattooedrunner45

THE DOUBLE

5:10
    #1503  T Rex

:/  
    becs
    Chrissi 
    BritNick
    Mokshaeight     

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    I think that's the list up to date.

Welcome Stuart A.

Hobie - doubt your doubts!  You've done all the work.

And welcome, runwithmysetter.  You've been an absent friend.  Do you still have your original setter?

UDS - I've rounded you down to 3:40.  Hope that's OK with you!!  Too many groups with one in!
  • jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    Not long now! :)
    T Rex- I've been thinking about your double... You will need to be careful on the roads in the dark getting to the start - there are enough crazy drivers even in daylight and during the race! Nav: are you going to be ok with a) finding the right path going up the initial hill ( easier coming down in daylight as you can see where you are going! b) finding the turn to get onto the offroad section which will lead you up to the road to Pen y Pass? You will need to leave enough leeway to endure you don't miss the start: As the road is only temporarily closed, I imagine they will take up the starting mate as soon as the race is underway - and if you don't cross them you will be down as a DNS.
    Apart from that, all seems straightforward enough! :D :D
    Best of luck, buddy!
  • panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Whatever makes you think something could go wrong with TRex’s plans JD??  :D

He managed it fine last year, -looking better at the start of the 2nd lap than I would’ve done!, and i think he’s allowing a bit more time his year... so all should be set for an interesting adventure and report... ;)
  • jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    Last year? Oh..ok, fair enough :D :D :D
    I managed 5m yesterday with 80% glute function post massage. So, lots of stretching over the next few days, but looks promising (to get around at least!)
  • ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Shandy with a large Ardbeg on the side please Brer  :)

Been debating on whether to run this week, or just rest. Might go down the track with the club tomorrow night for the first time since this time last year. 8 x 3min with 90 sec recovery. I'll just focus on the recovery bit.....

JD, your get round is my dream....

As for the house - Taken Friday off to have a lay in followed by a gentle bimble over the Peak and then down the A55. I'll stop at the big Tesco on Caernarfon Rd, Bangor on the way past. Let me know if there's anything I need to get.
  • jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    Number 570 here.
  • jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    Hi Chimney. Umm... Can I suggest this isn't the time to start speedwork after a year off! :D
    Seriously though, you might pull something and not make the start line!
    Pint of local brew for me please, Brer!
    As for time, my time in the hilly Pembs Half would suggest 3.20 was doable, but a lack of endurance, training since and a few pounds gained again (!!) suggests 3.40 would be a result. But I am not going with a time in mind.
  • jasond2jasond2 ✭✭✭
    Pete - safe journey, matey! I take it you are in the UK now?
  • Had a look at the centurion running website as mentioned by UDS.

Don't want to spoil it for you Trex. But well done!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    brer if I meet you I like the sound of the shandy and I love Beddgelert!!!
  • Got a grilling from my wife after she read the race preview which listed me as a runner to watch - I had previously told her that I was taking it easy this year and would be quite a way off the pace of recent years - I had to reassure her that that was the case and that the organisers clearly had no idea of my fitness level! Any pressure re the race not helped by getting race number 11!?! I'm working at a client near Nantgwynant on Friday - arranged to enable me to get my number the day before (don't need to check out the route by now)
  • In my view John, that makes you 11th favorite!
    I will be traveling from Bala on the sat morning, my wife arranged a family holiday there which nicely coincided with SNOD.
    I planned an hour's journey time, does that sound about right?
  • Not this year Ralph, although with it being my 11th Snowdonia I'm taking it as a good omen!

I'd probably plan for just over the hour for travel time Ralph. I would imagine parking will be even more of an issue this year given the extra number of entrants - I always like to get there reasonably handy to get the usual spot/car park.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I'm staying at the Royal Victoria and can you believe I booked this last year 25/10!!!
  • John Bach said:

Not this year Ralph, although with it being my 11th Snowdonia I'm taking it as a good omen!

I'd probably plan for just over the hour for travel time Ralph. I would imagine parking will be even more of an issue this year given the extra number of entrants - I always like to get there reasonably handy to get the usual spot/car park.

What sort of time would you look to arrive?
  • I live just over half an hour away and for me the Snowdonia marathon is one time in the year when I'm let out!! I personally like to get there around 8.45 - no issue at that time re parking (I always make sure I've got plenty of change) - I like to have a wander, speak to people I tend to only see each year at the race and generally chill out/take in the atmosphere