Options

Saturday 6th January 2018 - Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you

Morning.

Lyrics - Shed a tear 'cause I'm missin' you

Race well Dustin, Wabo and RFJ. Anyone else?

No coughing fits overnight and my peak flow is up another ten - yay! The pulled muscle is still rather painful, not sure how that will feel when I try a run and need to decide whether to try a little bimble this morning or wait one more day. P wants to run together tomorrow which will be good - though cold looking at the forecast. Time limited this morning as our rearranged visit to the Cotswolds is today but I could possibly fit a short gym/swim in before we go - running is so much more time efficient.

What:           unsure
Why:            see above
Last hard:    making a decision this morning
Last rest:     5/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning LMH

Forgot to post yesterday (cycling back and forth to old house for carpet cleaning, key handover etc and a mile run).

What: parkrun soon
    Why: I can get a lift
    Last hard: my blustery 10km on Thursday
    Lyrics: nope

SC that is very frustrating. 
    LMH that sounds like good news :) Enjoy the Cotswolds
    Chick what challenge are you doing?
    WP well done on longest run
    Don you are flying!

Have a lovely day all, my FiL is visiting from Cape Town for lunch (not just in UK for lunch...)
  • Options
    Enjoy parkrun and the company emzap.

Unfortunately doing the shopping this morning was enough to convince me that a run was not an option. Despite less coughing yesterday/overnight my pulled muscle is really bad this morning, it hurts just breathing and when I'm trying to cough or blow my nose it feels as though someone is sticking a knife in my ribs. Niggly knee is stiff and sore too. I've told P I won't be able to run with him tomorrow. Guess I'm just going to have to wait this one out and then try to play clever catch-up:-(
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning. 
    Missed a lot. LMH but hope you're OK. Wise not to play catch up

Last 2 days planned to run after work. No time before fell asleep after work. Today woke far too early but went out did 2 miles still run walk

What: 2 miles run walk
    Why: playing patience
    Last Hard: That
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Quiet on here today.

A very tentative 27 min parkrun for me.  Huge patches of ice in places and altered course due to that.  Diversions off the path in places onto muddy swamps!  Was impressed the orga team managed to run it today as it must have been logistically challenging!

Pammie keep with it :)
    LMH wise decision.
  • Options
    7.3 miles this morning with group. Short sea swim this afternoon 4°C.
    why not?
    patience is not easy is it LMH
    lyrics no
  • Options
    Evening!

What: 2k plus stretching

Why: little time...my little twins are 28 today. One came for breakfast; the other now here for the evening and overnight. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

great day out at Somerley 10k with Mrs RFJ she had a great race as ran naked time wise as forgot her garmin... she wanted to break and hour and smashed it in 56:17 for 183/395.

I too had a good strong run, was not sure really what to expect, I had sort of predicted 45... for a multi terrain run mostly gravel paths and some stretches of tarmac and one hill..... event was a gun to chip, but was quite close to the front of the start..... wasn't 100% flat out but hard none the less, esp when over 1st over race weight so was very happy with 44:10 and 34/395 (Splits, 6:54, 7:18, 6:56, 7:09, 7:05, 7:03 and 1:45 so again happy with the consistency other than mile 2 where I eased off too much) good low key event.

LMH hope all works out with the niggles etc

Take care
  • Options
    Hope you have a lovely time with them Alehouse - you certainly like to pack your celebrating into a short space of time:-)

It's not my strong point OH...............

A stone over race weight RFJ? Good running! Glad Mrs RFJ had a good race too.
  • Options
    On a positive note the other 50 weeks of the year are not as expensive LMH.

Well done RFJ (and Mrs).

Just waiting for eldest who is spending my hard earned cash in a takeaway. Roll on the 15th: much needed pay day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Yes LMH, Ideal race weight for me is 11st 10lb (or has been in the past) but with the lack of long runs and mojo and Christmas this has increased to 12:12 so have some work to do before Edinburgh at the end of May :-)