Options

Saturday 13th January 2018 - I've been kicked right down

Morning.

Lyrics - I've been kicked right down

Sounds like good news Alehouse.

Hope your back is feeling better this morning chicksta.

How did it go RFJ?

Peak flow is the same as yesterday and my pulled muscle feels no worse so I shall try a run - hopefully it will clear my sinus headache. Will try to get in the steam room at some point today too.

What:              short and easy
Why:               no more Mrs Nice, we're back to beating my body into submission
Last hard:       going so long without running
Last rest:        11/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Nothing by Dusty Springfield.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no, but very appropriate today. Back really feels that it has been kicked. Struggled to get out of bed and as yet can't get my socks and shoes on! Hopefully will loosen up with heat. 

Hope all goes well with your run LMH!

Have run a little every day this year: whether I am able to do something this pm is questionable. Going to watch at cross country with my kit on...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I hope your back eases Alehouse. Don't risk anything for the sake of a run streak please, it's really not worth putting yourself out for longer.
  • Options
    8 windy miles done
    What the group had planned
    That was hard
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Afternoon

I question the logic Alehouse don't risk it it is not worth it totally agree with LMH!

LMH: I hope it all went well on run be kind to yourself and your legs;-)

What: 6 miles
    Why: What body wanted to do
    Last hard: Making it back due to upset tum 
    Lyrics: maybe so a no;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Ale, I echo the comments of others and LMH please heed your own advice! Nice liles WP and AOH
    What: 35 min parkrun
    Why : two timeoutsV one to assist injured runner and take to the marshalls and the other for a brief SVT episode.
    Last Hard: Stopping this morning's bout (Roll on Tuesday)
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes
    Decisions: to run or not to run Gloucester half tomorrow. Could do with the miles and head clearing pre-op but don't really want any more episodes before either!
  • Options
    I remember Gloucester half many moons ago must be 15 years it was heavy rain but rain a PB;-) strange how races stick in your mind!
    Good luck for Tuesday!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Afternoon!

SC: there will be other Gloucester halves. And other races. 

Good miles OH, WP.

What: 1.5k very slowly with no section longer than 100 metres

Why: watching cross country. All very sensible and no pain anywhere. Spent the morning with a hot water bottle on my back for 20 minutes every hour and that seemed to loosen things up. Unfortunately I can't do that when I'm asleep: it seems to be first thing in the morning that is the worst time. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Can you get someone to bring you a bottle just before your ready to get up Alehouse?

SC - how likely is an episode if you run the half? How much do you want to avoid having another/how much do you want to run?
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: cross country
    Why: I was asking myself that the whole way round
    Last hard: that
    Lyrics: nope, but appropriate

Can I join the sore back club please?

Cross country was at Cofton Park.  Felt awful the whole way round, never got into my stride.  Felt like it was uphill the whole way though of course it couldn't have been!  Very boggy in parts too.  Felt slow and hard but actually my time was faster than November's despite this one being much hillier.

Just about warmed up an hour an a half after getting home!

Throat is starting to feel sore too...I hope I'm not coming down with something.  Have to go and meet my Dad tomorrow.

SC please look after yourself.

Ale well done for being sensible.

How are you feeling WP?

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Keep sensible Ale & LmH, make the right decision SC, only you know what the right answer is! Well done Emz.
    RFJ - how did the i/v go in Brum?

What - Hants xc league race 4 
    Why - for the team
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - today. Never really got in the groove, and was bitterly cold (for the South!)
    Probably didn't help that yesterday was 12 and it's LSR day tomorrow. That said it was a low key 'league' run. Averaged 7:10s for 6 miles, so not the worst run I've done.