The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Afternoon,

My word, some great running being logged.

Andrea, Great work so far, well done.
    Dubai Runner, Great mileage, it is good to have someone to push Harmander a little, he did somewhat run away with it last year! please excuse the pun.
    Andrew, Glad the cold is getting better, great start to the year.
    Harmander, So - 2018 miles and only 12 marathons, that didn't last long did it? however as long as you are happy, what is the harm eh? Well done on getting the first 100 miles out of the way.
    Keep me posted on the Runner Bean course as I am thinking about one up there with Phoenix later in the year.
    Nell, Hope things have calmed down at work now, I think most of us can probably relate :)
    I use a few circuits, currently if it is dark, I use a well lit circuit around town that is 5km on the nose, I can then add increments of 1km by running to the next round about. If however I get to go out during the daylight hours (like yesterday) I have plenty of country circuits which are lovely all year round.
    Well done on the great mileage by the way.
    Hobie, Nell is going very well isn't she?

As for me, not a bad week slowly feeling better and fitness seems to be returning - Hooray.

Stats for last week;

09.01.18 - 6.87
    11.01.18 - 5
    12.01.18 - 5
    14.01.18 - 5

YTD = 34.98

Now unlike Harmander, I do only have 12 marathons planned for this year and one Half, so really looking forward to the year.
    I would also love to have a go at the last one standing in June, still working on getting a pass from my lovely wife!

• No run today. Beer barbie and sun! 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Ytd: 40.5

Nell: methinks you're ahead of where you were last year.  A pb or two awaits.  You picked up on my waiting for my Park run time. Proved disappointing,  I suspect a congested start and a deceptive hill nobbled my chances of a quick time.. 
  • 3 miles this morning,

YTD-48.9
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys newbie here and would love to be part of this. Even more motivation!!

Am currently sat at 20.3 miles so far.. 
  • 7 miles yesterday and 10.19 miles this morning

YTD 102.88 miles
  • Oh and welcome Lilly!
  • 13.71 miles on flat.
    YTD= 113.96 miles
  • 4 steady miles 

YTD- 52.9
  • You’re pulling away Harmander..
  • Sorry Dubai runner,

But I do have a busy schedule of races to prepare for and I genuinely am doing what I think is the bare minimum.  I actually think my performance is being hindered as a result.

Will be doing the same mileage tomorrow, 10 on Saturday and a LSR on Sunday in preparation for the Runner Bean Marathon on 28 January - Others will tell you that I do not taper.
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    4.5 last night including a decent intervals session. I am a little behind the curve, but not too far at the moment - 38.5 YTD
  • Morning all,

Great miles. We did a practice for a local 10k Team Pursuit race (60 teams of 5 people setting off individually at 10 second intervals...glad I'm not organising that one) a few of us added 4 miles making 10 mile on Sunday. Last nights club run was 7 miles decent pace in the wind & rain (weirdly enjoyable).

69 Miles YTD

• As a fellow newbie Lilly, let me say welcome too.

Two sessions so far this week - although running in Glasgow in the last couple of days I've needed skates not trainers! Bring on the thaw.

16 Jan - 7.85m
    18 Jan - 11.6m

YTD: 73.6 Miles
  • Hi all. Great running from everyone!

5 slow miles today

YTD 57.9
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Evening guys, 3.7 miles easy today. Nice and easy tonight now time for dinner! 

24 ytd
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    YTD: 48.5

Been to the gym for the last two nights. Treadmill set for 4 miles in 30 mins - made it with a couple of seconds to spare. 

Great work by everyone - love reading the updates. 
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

That's a pretty sharp training run Donnie, well done.

4.5 easy paced miles for me yesterday at about 8.45m/m pace.

43 YTD

• 6.65 miles yesterday and 8.09 today

YTD 117.62 miles
  • 13.71 miles on flat yesterday.
    YTD= 127.67 miles
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    5 miles last night brings me to 48 YTD 
  • A quick 3.09 miles after work and before beers to keep the legs ticking over.

YTD 120.71 miles
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Long run brought forward a day this week, so 7 done this afternoon and up to 55 YTD which is almost bang on track after 20 days I believe.

55 YTD 
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    3.5 miles today and a new 5k PB as well so chuffed and will sleep well tonight

YTD 27.5
  • As well as parkrun I ran there and back so another 5 miles

YTD-62.7
  • Well done Lilly61.
    miles including Parkrun
    YTD = 137.87 miles
    With LSR tomorrow I should be over the 150 mile mark combined with weekday runs and the Runner Bean Marathon the following Sunday should see me over 200 miles mark in January
  • Well the last week was disastrous, the plan was that with a week off work I could finally get at least a couple of long runs done but in the event I've spent seven of my eight days off laid up with a really bad cold so I got no running done at all. Fortunately I finally got out today after eleven days rest but the conditions were pretty awful with heavy rain and a bitter wind blowing off the sea into my face for half the run, the wind was so bad that the 12 noon Hovercraft to Ryde had to turn back and give up! No watch or garmin today but a quick measure on google earth made it precisely 10k in just over an hour. I'm still taking it slow and easy after December's injury so it'll be a few weeks before I'm on target again but at least I got out there again.

2018  40.79
  • Wow, that was wet in Wild West Wales today... 12 miles and actually loved it, once I'd convinced myself that it was a good idea. Although my boy had robbed my coat for his cross country race so I had to use my sailing spray top... Worked well.

90 miles YTD. 
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Evening all, especially the regulars from last year, and welcome to the 1st timers. Have enjoyed reading all the posts, lots of good running out there already, and am really enjoying the posts from Harmander and Dubai runner - do I detect a little inter forum competition going on? Who'll be 1st to 1000? Think my money would be on Harmander, but......

As for me, started the year with Manflu, stopped me running for the 1st fortnight, not a good start! Managed to do a few runs during the week and then ran(?) Folksworth 15 today, in a blizzard. Just what you need when you're trying to make a comeback.  :s

YTD:        27.8M
  • Hello senidM,
    Good to know you like the postings - I like them from everyone too.
    After the run on Thursday night I caught a tummy bug (I blame the left overs from the grand kids - because I am Dad the dustbin). I had a single toast on Friday morning with a cuppa, then only had water for the rest of the day.  Yesterday before running to Parkrun, then doing another 5km before running home (makes 10.20 miles) I only had three grapes as did not fancy anything until about 4:00 pm when I was forced to eat the wife's cooking and only had water since.  This morning I had a fruit juice before the LSR but felt so drained only did 13.77 miles, making
    YTD = 151.64 miles