malta marathon february 2018

is anyone doing this one or done it before, weathers looking good even in January and 6 weeks to go yet

Comments

• Yup, I'll be there with a group from Leighton Fun Runners and North Herts RR. It's going to be a social with a bit of running thrown in!!!
  • hi munchkin2 ,sounds good , im flying on the Friday and back on the Tuesday so plenty of time to enjoy hopefully the weather and the beer afterwards , nice early start so hopefully should be sat outside a bar in the sunshine about 12-12.30ish
  • I fly out on the Friday and back on the Monday evening. The NHRR have and airbnb with a hot tub so I plan to gatecrash and make use of their facilities! To be honest I signed up last summer and have not even looked at the time table for the day/ route map or anything yet :-)

• hi munchkin ,im stopping in sliema at the bay view hotel , looks close to the finish line ,reviews are ok but not great , the price and location were the deciding factors , less than 6 weeks to go now
  • I don't think I am far away -  I am staying at Hotel Sliema. Again, cheep and hopefully cheerful. I did "upgrade" to a sea view room with balcony :-)
  • exactly what I did ,upgrade to sea view with balcony , at least if the rooms a bit dodgy I can go out on the balcony and look at the view
  • I am not out of the marathon and down to the half. Not had enough time to sort out my knee problem so even the half is a bit iffy. So, now there is a greater need for good weather - so I can work on my tan whilst everyone else is running!!!
  • Hi munchkin2 , hope u recover in time for the half marathon , you must be disappointed not been able to do the full , fingers crossed for some decent weather especially for u , did my last long run last Friday ,23 miles in a nice steady 3hrs 38 min , hopefully looking to be sat outside a bar with a cold beer in the warm sunshine by 12 .30 ish if everything goes to plan 
  • That sounds like a good plan! I am already obsessing about the weather even though I know it is far to early to know what it will be like. It seemed unseasonably warm in January and has now cooled down a bit :-( I have 8 other marathons planned for this year so it was a sensible decision to make. There was no point in forcing Malta if it meant I couldn't do the others. At least there is a good crowd going to Malta so the marathon is not the be all and end all. I may well see you in the bar if I don't run!!!
  • That’s sounds like a wise decision to me , another 8 is impressive , I thought I was doing well with 4 , Malta , Manchester (2nd time ) April , Yorkshire (3rd time ) October , and Athens ( 7 years in a row ) November , your right about the weather it does appear to be cooling down a bit but still pleasant and mild so should get a bit of a tan if it stays like that 
  • Athens is one of the ones I'm doing. I did it last year and loved it so I've already booked my flights back! I have the Thames Meander, Highland Fling, Red Deer (Canada), Calgary, Trail Marathon Wales, Chicago and Marathon Eryri. 

I would like it to be back closer to 17/18c so I can bring some summer clothes ?