Scottish Runners

1113411351136113711381140»

Comments

• Hi from Inverness - training for the March HM :)
  • Haven't been able to run since Monday with this weather. I'm clumsy enough at the best of times so this weather has been a no go for me. Hoping it clears up a little over the weekend and I can get out. Hope you're all keeping safe.

Nessie, looking forward to Glasgow half. Hoping to do edinburgh marathon in 2019 but I'll see how I get on with the half first. Actually planning on heading to Achilles Heel for new trainers soon so that may be a shout. Thank you :)

Will try to keep an eye on both those calendars, thank you!
  • I try to run the Glasgow Half every year (well since 2012) and it's usually my primary goal. I haven't had anything other than a supportive, fun experience - it has it's problems, but what race doesn't.

Thank goodness all that ice/snow/slush is gone (in the central belt at least) I paid for it with a proper drenching this morning - but being able to run without feeling like bambi on ice is a huge relief.

I was getting twitchy about my training plan - oh no I wont manage to get this weeks Long Run! it's a catastrophe! - running is for obsessives don't ya think. I was moping round the house all weekend, I must have been a joy to live with.
  • When the snow cleared up I was landed with a chest infection so today was my first run in 2 weeks and I was definitely getting twitchy. Still not on full form, breathing isn't great so it was only a 5k today, hoping to get out and do 10 tomorrow even if I have to take it slow until I'm back to full fitness.
  • Steven Morrison 2Steven Morrison 2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sorry to hear you were unwell xKerry, well done on getting back out - full form or not - the first one back is always a nice feeling when it's done. Stay healthy.

MrsMcG I hope your Half training is going well, I must admit I've no idea how the weather has been up your way but I can't imagine it's been easy.

• stan - I was thinking about applying for an idiotic cash loan, so unfortunately your company is of no use to me.

I hope everyone is still ticking over nicely, I'm feeling the fatigue from training for Stirling now - but still shoving myself out the door.
  • Runner from Glasgow here! There’s usually lots of groups for runners on that “MeetUp” app, depending on your area. I’ve never joined any mind you, usually a solo runner.  But those apps can be good for listing running events. 
  • justkel where in Glasgow are you? I'm Southside! Just being nosey to see how near me you are! I'm usually a solo runner too but I might have a nosey on those for running events.