This website

WeVWeV ✭✭✭
I've not been on here for a while but oh my god this website is bad!!!  Massive advert underneath the navigation bar which looks like it was made in the late 90s.  And where is the login button?  I managed to log in through the forums page.  What happened?  It looks like it was created in DreamWeaver by a 15 year old.
Tagged:

Comments

• You can see the result. Everyone's buggered off.
  • I'm just popping in, and it does seem to be dead

• WeVWeV ✭✭✭
    Where do people go to find races to sign up for now?

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Fetcheveryone.com or RunABC.
  • I  use fetcheveryone too. You can also add races yourself, which aren't already listed.
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    I’ve just signed in for the first time in about 5 years, it’s pretty bad. 
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Blimey, what's happened here?!? First time I've logged in in... ages, and it's all gone to pot! 
  • I hope I can comment on this page but can anyone help me?

I've signed up to this forum but there's nowhere that will let me post a new thread. In particular I need help with an injury.
  • Welcome wavy, you have to post several comments before you're allowed to start a new thread.
  • That's great. Thank you. :)
  • I've been away a long time.... still a few familiar names on here and many new ones.  The lack of posts is worrying... this place used to be buzzing!  What happened?
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    PSC - I think the new event system on here which is terrible is partly to blame.   Don't think anyone would bother to use RW to find events anymore and certainly not use their online entry system, they use Eventbrite, so beware of your personal details being sold on, and who knows your if your credit card is safe with them. I expect you're aware of the problems with Active.com, so many runners have had their credit cards cloned after using them.  
    So the new event listing system on here has led to very few new threads linked to events

This website is also unmanned, we have no contact with RW at all.

I guess a lot have moved to FB too.  We get quite a few newbies on here but mostly beginners and they don't hang around, not sure why although I suspect some of them don't keep up their running.

The RW forum in the US has now been closed down, I expect this one will go the same way.   Not sure where I'll move my thread, it won't be FB, might be Fetch.

Anyway Happy Xmas :)
  • It seems odd that you need to post a lot before you can start a thread. If you are a beginner, like me then you dont have a lot to add to discussion!
  • I used to love the community that developed on here and have been reading through some old threads recently. It won't ever be like that again...
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    *cough* Fetcheveryone *cough*
  • I notice that the Forum is showing "latest discussions" as January 2017! Perhaps somebody will come along and do the necessary. Today is 18.01.2018
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Noticed Runhub, which was hived off of RW, is now shutting down altogether.
  • That f£$%ing Marie Curie ad - every time I load up the page that ad appears after a few seconds and means I have to scroll up or down the page again (assuming that I haven't clicked on something interesting and the  been taken to the MC website instead). A good cause, but get rid of the ad.
  • Not happy at all first of all the design is terrible I would rather have the old site back and what has happened to the smart coach! It’s on the site but it doesn’t work! I sent an email to runnersworld but I have had no response. Very disappointing used to be such a good website. 
  • edited January 2018
    We can only assume that they want to focus on the lucrative new printed magazine market, and not waste their time on this new fangled internet thingy, which will obviously never catch on.....  :|

PS.... and fwiw... I run an IT department, and if it had been one of my team managing this transition, they'd be unemployed right now.
    Seriously, I find it hard to understand how RW who comprehensively OWNED the uk online running market decided to completely kill it, rather than find ways of making it highly profitable....  If I was a shareholder, i'd be f******g furious.
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • In a hotel and on a work strip so thought I would revisit and see what’s happened since I started this thread... not a lot is the conclusion I have reached so far! There are numerous posts from criminals trying to sell dodgy cards, banknotes and lord knows what else and a few newbies nervously asking questions that are being fielded by the last few on here.  Such a shame, I used to love being part of this community and have made many real life friends through it....  Clearly the forum isn’t being moderated as even reported threads/posts are still up and live.  While we never wanted it to be over-moderated, some moderation to keep the scum bags out would be useful. Shame on you RW.  You need to step up to the plate again or let someone else in to do it.
  • It's deader than a dead thing. They might as well shut it down.
  • As a RW forum womble back in the day when we changed over to this excuse of a website I sent many emails asking for a tutorial on how to clear up the spam,  it was promised and never delivered, this is a shame as many of us wombles were here for a *cough* small amount of time each day and were capable of clearing out all the selling of passports/watches/kitchens

it seems RW are just letting this die a slow death and as mentioned by Shades they have shut down the RWUSA forum and are moving to FB,  I cant see how this type of forum can be managed on FB as even on the PSOF page we have trouble finding a post from last week let alone months previous

• SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    M..eldy - you can Flag spam posts and RW Towers did remove an interloper on my training thread trying to flog currency within an hour of reporting it.   I suspect we'd move to other running websites should we be shut down :(
  • ComradeComrade ✭✭✭
    I think I just remembered why I haven't been on this site in a while!
  • Where are the training plans that used to sit in runhub?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Gone, I'm afraid.  Runhub was closed a while back, from memory.
  • WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭
    In my experience, reporting spammers on these forums is a waste of time. I've tried reporting them on here and even via Twitter. I also tried complaining about the spammers on their Facebook page and other runners turned on me accusing me of being a spammer. The irony of complaining about me posting stuff about spammers on the Facebook page that they didn't want to read was lost on them.

My conclusion - the people who (cough) look after these forums are a bunch of useless fuckers.

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam,
  • McGoohanMcGoohan ✭✭✭
    It's 5 years since I last posted on here. I'll pop back in, in about 5 years time if it's still running.