Friday 20th April 2018 - You pretend you're high

Morning.

Lyrics - You pretend you're high

It sure is Donaldo, we are all experiments of one and react differently things.

Have a good weekend RFJ.

Hydrate well and enjoy carb loading Dustin.

Hope it's not too hot for you chicksta.

Any ideas what's causing it then OH?

What:          probably just a swim/physio
Why:           as predicted I broke myself yesterday
Last hard:   being sensible yesterday (I didn't manage it)
Last rest:    13/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Shame the heart defeated the head, LMH! Most of us have done it!
    Ankle? Hope the physio can sort things.
    How is P after his debut?

What: probably a walk. Not going to be anywhere near as warm here today. Hope that wasn't summer yesterday.

Why: work then out for a friend's birthday meal

Take it very easy those running long on Sunday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Not as warm here today either Alehouse but forecast to be better tomorrow. The ankle is better once it's loosened off but I was obviously changing my gait as the left knee is a bigger issue this morning. The stupid thing is I've had to give myself a stern talking to whilst walking Grace as I keep having 'well it doesn't feel too bad now, I'm sure I could just manage a little run on it' thoughts. P is doing well - he's been out for a couple of easy runs and is busy planning where to attempt his new GFA:-) Enjoy the meal out.
  • Morning

No post yesterday I was  down the coast on a day out although ran 5 miles before hand.

LMH: I hope you get good news with ankle today  but we all have done it let our heart dictate when Our head is so no way;-)

What: 5 miles again
    Why: Neck and shoulder still not right
    Last hard: The heat I am not a lover at all/hayfever i had to wear sunglassess at 6am!!
    Lyrics; Yes

We had a lovely day at Saundersfoot yesterday luckily a lot cooler than at home and got some Jersey Royals at Farm shop.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Carb loading started in earnest today: muesli, raisins and honey for breakfast before going to work and since I've been here I've had a tin of fruit, an iced bun, half a malt loaf, a hot cross bun and a satsuma. Pausing now until mid morning...

what - easy 3 or 4
    why - ticking over
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - restricting the amount of food I shovel in.

I usually run the day before a mara: just 2-3 miles with some faster strides.

lyric - not sure I do
    yesterday's lyric - The Wombats - Lemon to a knife fight

• LMH: Hope that ankle sorts itself out, frustrating I'm sure

Welsh: I'm also not a lover of heat, my ideal is a hut on artic circle, hence virtually every holiday since a kid and now adulthood is west coast of Ireland, always rains in Sligo/Mayo, except in 1976). Hope the neck eases today.

Dustin: Are you sure you are not eating for two? Sounds similar to the film Junior

Ale: Summer was a Tuesday back end of June last year, so we have had early.

Ooh... Sunscream by Baz Loman just come on the radio. Superb!

6 miles yesterday more difficult than an 18 in previous weeks, got to get that sun cap today if possible.

What: Gym
    Why: No running
    Lyrics: Super-Hurumph!

• Did I really just say Sunscream? A subconcious slip for that early 90s band. Of course I mean't Sunscreen. "...stretch"
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Just have to go back to house to get last few bits at lunchtime 
    Walked about 2 hours at least yesterday. Not in one go over2 trips

Was worn out for maybe it was the wine when a friend came over in the afternoon 

Back to work tomorrow And then I can resume this running lark 

Hope all running Sunday have a good run. Be it London or elsewhere. In case I don't get back before then 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Take it easy LMH. Wine_ root cause of all enjoyment and pain Pammie :-)
    Ale-Please!!!
    What: Travel
    Why: Sunday run
    Last hard: Drive home yesterday. Took over an hour just to get through Hereford so 4.5 hrs home
    Last Rest: Oh yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope
    Have a great weekend all...back on Monday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    sc!! good luck, how exciting
    Pammie, sounds like a lovely day
    benjy, enjoy the gym
    dustin, excited for you as well!! 
    wp, well done on the 5, hope the aches and pains ease
    alehouse, have a lovely walk and enjoy this evening
    LMH, are you doing London? Take care

Had a bad night's sleep last night;  I kept waking smelling burning and woke to the news that a care home had a fire and a lady died, just down the hill to me :-(
    what: run commute this morning 3.5 miles and same later
    why: it was fun and I travelled free!
    last hard: this morning and Yoga last night! stiff running body!!
    last  rest: 31/12/16

Have a great weekend all, run well everyone at London, stay safe and anyone running anywhere else!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ah - popping in my old thread home :) lived here about 8 years ago. Hope you are all well.

Got the lyrics, very solid album too actually.

• Did I really just say Sunscream? A subconcious slip for that early 90s band. Of course I mean't Sunscreen. "...stretch"

Sunscreen - Broken English..great track.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hi Simon!

Rest day for me today, have spent the morning at work despite being my last proper day of leave.  Productive though so I am happy.

Lyrics, yes, a new streak begins! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had to google lyrics, LMH no you're not xx
    Hi simon I remember you!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about the news down the hill, Wabo! And free travel is a sore point: if I lived in London, Liverpool, Scotland, to name a few, I would have got free travel at 60; 65 and 3 months for me! Definitely some sort of discrimination!

Benjy: I remember that day last summer when it was sunny, also; suspect it was the day, if I can pinpoint one day, that I damaged my Achilles as I did my speed work on uneven grass rather than the shale that I was accustomed to. And in different shoes. Stupid boy! So it is not just you, LMH!

Simon (and anyone else for that matter): this time next week I will be at the LFoM, or more likely will be refuelling after it (not that I will be running!). I booked the train tickets 12 weeks or so ago when the cheap ones became available fully expecting that this would be my return to racing...before I found out about the fracture in the back of course!

OL: still on for tomorrow? 

Off for my walk shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Blimey Simon is even more of a Ghost than I am

No idea on lyrics and nothing new to report

I ache a lot
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Intrigued by Simon's return (hello!), I googled the lyric, I do know the group and also remember Sunscreem.
    Ale - dependent upon work, I will try to get over to LFoM - bit daft as it's only 5-6 miles away

VLM : Crowd barriers up in places: a mate tells me they are up around the Palace, there are others stacked ready to be put out in Canary Wharf and along the Highway. Exciting.
  • Good call LMH regarding hat. Managed to get a nifty ligtweight cricket hat for £3 (Factor 50 but isn't any material that blocks out light) tried it on and off on the ride home from work, certainly makes a difference in direct sun.

I don't know a cricket hat eh Ale!, with this cricket theme next I'll be ditching Estrella and Peroni for Spotted Egg or Badger's Tuft, the stuff that makes you go temporary blind in large quantity.
  • Glad I could help Benjy.

No Wabo, I ran Boston Sunday just gone.

Blimey Dustin - I'm a total amateur in comparison and I thought I could put it away!

Lovely day here - hope you had good weather for your walk Alehouse.

How long until the summer break Donaldo?

Time to get the antihistamines out from the sounds of it Poppy.

Physio says that I've irritated the ankle joint and opened up the inside of the knee joint and my glute isn't firing properly on that side. I'm not sure if the fact that I did quite a few miles on uneven trail yesterday contributed. I'm taped up and she's said that I can run if I don't feel that my gait is affected. I'm not convinced at the minute, the knee was quite painful walking Grace this afternoon but that could be because she'd just finished working on it. I shall see how it is after I've walked Grace in the morning. It seemed to like the swimming and is definitely better if I keep moving.
  • Sea swimming twice but no running.
    Finishing off decorating room.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Summer holidays at the end of June, LMH, how will I cope with over 2 months without a break!!! lol ??

Itching to go out running, really hard to take a day off.

Blood results all back to normal - great result. 
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening all, hope you are well.

Just a cycle today, parkrun tomorrow.

AH: Yep, will be down at Burnage Rugby Club in the morning.  First parkrun since September.

Have a good evening.
    Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Would love to be there, OH, but have just missed my flight. Burnage calling instead!