Waterproof Jacket and Trouser recommendations

PeersPeers ✭✭✭
Hi All
I am doing a trail ultra later in the year and part of the kit requirement is a waterproof jacket and trousers with taped seams.

Does anybody have any recommendations that are reasonably priced?  As there is a good chance (depending on weather) that I won't even wear them and I only have a small pack, it would be great if they fold up very small too.

Thanks

Comments

• Also interested to hear particularly jacket recommendations! I currently run in a really old cheap 'wind fleece' jacket with broken zippers that isn't really very waterproof :(
  • CaptainCaptain ✭✭✭
    Saucony Razor genuinely is waterproof. I haven't trained in it really, so I'm not sure about how breathable  it is, but I can certainly vouch it's water and windproof.  Very light and silent to wear, not like the old fashioned ones I had as a kid in the 1980s....
  • Hi guys, I'm new here so my first post is regarding my little 8yr old sister who I train for an hour and a half each night :).

She gets very cold even when running at her pace so I am looking at getting her a waterproof or water resistant jacket that she can put on, preferably a Regatta or Decathlon one, so any suggestions would be much appreciated :).