How come I've not heard of these events before ? http://www.saxon-shore.com/index.html

Cakeathon.
Cookieathon.
Chocathon.

Why did we ever bother with Ironman if these events were out there ? 

I'm blocking my calendar for them in 2018. 

Fantastic medals too. 
Tagged:

Comments

• I've done a few of these and the medals are awesome! I did the Cakeathon last year... best event ever!
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    They're very popular with people trying to get into the 100 Marathon Club, along with a couple of other companies (Enigma and Phoenix), but personally I prefer other events as opposed to running around lakes or up and down paths.  Again, personal preference, but the medals can be a bit too "blingy" and large for my taste.  Marathons organised by local clubs tend to be a) cheaper and b) have far more interesting courses but each to their own though :)  
  • mowzermowzer ✭✭✭
    Because they're boring, boring, boring. Many people who 'run' them aren't interested in running, just in getting 'numbers'. Overpriced and very cliquey. You also might want to question facilities, permits, insurance, medical cover etc.
  • mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    cougie - even better they are now doing a cakeathon and chocathon in the North (near Barnsley) rather than their normal area (Kent). I know a lot of people that have done a lot of their events and have only good things to say. 

Big-G - you are right in that events are personal preference. Personally I like smaller events with a small field where the logistics of being able to park right at the event hq and not have to wait 20 mins after the race start to cross the start line as in the bigger events. It is a different kind of event that attracts a different kind of runner I think - good to have the choice.