Snowdonia Marathon 2018

Comments

• John BachJohn Bach ✭✭✭

Good luck at the Valencia half TR22. I hope that the weather is kind.

No spring marathon for me - unable to do the Wrexham marathon which I'd planned/been training for - my daughter's football team got through to the semi final of the Welsh cup on the same day!

Planning to get some decent training for Snowdonia - hoping to join my clubmate  for a few 20 milers on the course as part of his training - he's aiming for a top 3 place

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    TR22 - Half marathons aren't really my thing to be honest.  For me to contemplate them they have to be quite local to me!  All  the best for the race.
  • I completed my final long run yesterday in the Brighton campaign. Rather than rewrite what I said in my blog best to just direct you to my blog which briefly outlines my training mileage since November. See link below. You might be surprised that how little I have actually run! 27 miles avg per week. But definitely quality over quantity for me. I also launched my '3 in 3 marathon challenge' this week which is also all explained in my blog including how you can support me > 
    www.ultradiscostu.co.uk

QUESTION : having organised the SNOD house for many years this year I took a break from this and now I find I am homeless with no where to stay for the SNOD weekend. So this is a plea.... Is there anyone with a spare room, spare bed, a sofa or spare bit of floor that I can rest? I have searched Llanberis and there is nothing. Thanks 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    How did you get on TR22?  Were you on TV?  Not much coverage of the masses, though.  What a brilliant finish run-in - must be one of the best and then the blue carpet.

Haven't sorted my accommodation yet UDS.  If all else fails I have my tent which could sleep two at a push.
  • I always stay in Beddgelert and usually book the hotel around June time. Had a look at the weekend and just managed to get the last room available although not at our usual hotel. Everywhere was full - are there increased numbers running this year? May have to relocate your refreshment point this time TR.

• Hey T Rex..  

Just got back from Valencia today. Haven't had chance to watch the race back yet so not sure if I was on TV.

Managed to run a Pb by 8 seconds... 1:18.22. Was hoping to go quicker but I got held up a little early on as it was very busy.. It was also extremely windy. Great event to do though! Ate far to much nice food and beer.. And even got sunburnt. A good week all in all. 

Got London in 3 weeks.. Don't really feel ready and would like another week or two.. But hey ho! 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Great effort, TR.  It looked windy and squally on TV.  No sub-1 hr men but a women's only world record though.

I've got Llanelli - the so called Great Welsh - marathon in a little over two weeks.  Eek!
  • If all closer accomodation options are gone, there are usually quite a few multi-bed chalets available at the Glan Gwna Park in Caeathro (15 minutes by car from Llanberis) that could be shared. Many are available at reasonable ££ through AirBnB.
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Thanks f-o-o-w.  I have stayed there before and found it all very comfortable and my chalet allowed dogs.

I'll make some enquiries.
  • Got Sheffield half next week. Three weeks ago I fell down the stairs at home and did this:

http://anonimg.net/?id=do0yfuwcpiptgzi16cpldjq9g

started running again and think it’ll be alright. Had plenty of training in beforehand. Going to be interesting.
  • Thanks FOOW! Great tip. T Rex can you ask for me too please. We can get a twin berth or more. There will be plenty of others from the SNOD house that probably haven't booked anything yet like John and Jan. Why don't we look at 4 berth options.i just didn't want to take on responsibility for filling Halford Hill again. I'm also happy to camp if all else does follow. I have a tent so no need for Spoons T rex ?
  • My Emoji smiley wink turned into a question mark which made my proposition of spoons with Trek look slightly concerning :-) runners world forum functionality is so 1990s....
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean (I hope), UDS.
  • Good luck at LLanelli T rex.

I'm on my taper for London now. Good job really as my legs feel broken! Already planning ahead for SNOD. Really eager to set a good time this year! Hope everyone is reaching their goals and training well etc.

InsideForward that looks bloody nasty!! Just badly bruised I assume?
  • Het Team Snodders, sorry about the long absence. Need to read back a few pages I reckon!!
  • Trex how is the hunt going for our digs? :-) 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Where have you been, brer?  You on 300 yet??
  • Mc HillyMc Hilly ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm booked in at a Youth Hostel - I think pen-y-pass, I know I couldn't get in at Llanberis........ It's refundable, and I'd happily change plans for a SNOD chalet somewhere....but if it's a choice between hostel and camping, I'll probably stick with the hostel
  • Hiya TRex, thrashed out 5 last week. Up to 263 marathon/ultra , just 2 to do this weekend before taper for London. Hope you are very well x
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    I was roughly right, then.  And you're about as good at tapering as I am!

I did a 100-miler in my taper for SNOD last year ...

This year I'm doing the Cardiff half on 8 Oct and then just long training runs in readiness for my challenge.  Haven't told Mrs T Rex about my plans yet - going to have to at some point.
  • 1:37 for Sheffield half. Chuffed to bits with that. Foot held up very well. Three Peaks fell race next up.
  • Here is my race account of the Brighton Marathon 2018. You may want to make a cuppa first as its as long as the marathon itself!! :smiley:

http://ultradiscostu.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/brighton-marathon-2018-race-report.html
  • CSMLFCCSMLFC ✭✭✭
    Superb that. Great read and congratulations on a fantastic run!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    6 seconds!  :'(

All the best for your other two marathons.  I don't expect SNOD will be one of them!
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Didn't do too well at Llanelli.  I plucked 4 hrs out of thin air as a target time.  Although I got to half way comfortably enough in 2:01, by mile 18 I was slowing down and 21-23 were very difficult in a stiff head wind along the seafront.  Sped up a bit from 24 onwards to finish in 4:24.

Newport next up, this Sunday.  Going to be flat and hopefully fast.
  • 2018 entry for sale, unfortunatley I cant make it this year now. Please inbox me if interested.
  • Mc HillyMc Hilly ✭✭✭
    Great race report UDS - awesome to see that you're targetting sub 3 for SNOD! Hope Newport went well for you T-Rex
  • Huge congrats to Brer - 1st lady and 4th overall in the Ras y Brenin (Bardsey Island marathon) on Saturday :-)
  • Richard Cook15 I have messaged you. 
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Well done, brer.  Very jealous - just visiting Bardsey is on my bucket list, never mind running a marathon on it!  Another of Huw's madcap races ...

Did you go round and round the coast?  In which case how did you get round the east side??