London Marathon Cheaters - let's do this

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    bol sauce said:
    https://www.facebook.com/chriswalker1987. Not sure if this link works, but mate of mine has found him on the buy & sell page in Wakefield and posted something. It's a public page, so anyone can join, so let's see what he says. Look at his videos also.
    He appears to have locked down his FB profile.  Wonder why?
  • Someone posted a comment about his marathon 'performance' and asked for his view. Looks like he didn't like it!
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Herts%20Runner">Herts Runner</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Someone posted a comment about his marathon 'performance' and asked for his view. Looks like he didn't like it!</div>
    </blockquote>
    Why are people spoiling it.

I may have contacted his local paper 
  • bol saucebol sauce ✭✭✭
    Good! He must have had his phone with him when my friend posted, as he blocked her immediately and he set it up to blow raspberries at her. I saw a post from someone else yesterday evening just as I was thinking of setting up a private account myself (useless at this stuff), and he must have been busy elsewhere as the comment had been on for over an hour. 'Ran faster than Mo Farah', good on the poster. Mr Walker doesn't live far away from me, far enough though.
    He's also blocked all his fund raising pages, and Ravensport who were one of his sponsors had detail of him on their facebook page this morning and that's gone, so hopefully he's getting his just desserts. 
    Once a cheat, always a cheat. Hope the Dewsbury Reporter takes it up. 
  • In the Crowborough case the local paper printed pictures lauding the individual for doing the Brighton and London double! With her husband who did genuinely run both events. Maybe the paper should be contacted for a follow up piece
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Actually I would agree. These guys are all very happy to take the credit where it's not deserved, I don't really see that they can complain too much when the facts are presented.
  • NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭
    Jooligan said:
    Not VLM but Wales' premier marathon: Newport

Finished in 4 hours, took 22 minutes from 21-23M then only 22 minutes for the 3.2 to the finish (almost exactly 3hr pace & quicker than any parkrun he has yet done!) in spite of taking every other split at 8:30 pace or greater!
    https://www.tdleventservices.co.uk/event-results/individual?event=2846&racenumber=1872

I trust his result will be swiftly annulled.

It looks like your trust was well placed!   Well done.
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    DT19 - saw that last night. Interesting that there were so few negative splits with missed mats - surely they must all be suspect?
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Interesting one here picked up from Twitter. 20207

Runner goes to look at photos, finds someone else with the same number. The gentleman’s bib has the sponsor removed at the bottom. Possibly re-using last years one.

• cougiecougie ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Last years bib was adidas though ? Not New Balance ? 

Aah - just spotted the number - she's folded it over to hide the Adidas bit.

Not cool East Essex Tri girl. Not cool. 
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    girl - I am seeing a guy - its either been a long afternoon for me or you?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    That's a guy. That is sneaky stuff!
  • 20207 was a non-starter from 2015-2017, but that doesn't mean the number wasn't collected at the expo.  Definitely a bloke though.  Someone in East Essex Tri must be able to identify him.
  • I've tweeted them.  Yeah it is a bloke when i look closer.  :)
  • Snail2Snail2 ✭✭✭
    20207 seems like a risky number to use as a bandit, as it hasn't previously started a race in the Virgin-sponsored era. It appears in the results as a non-starter in just 2014 and 2015, when presumably someone registered and picked up the race number but then didn't start. I can't immediately find anything to link the two names entered in those years to either running this year or to East Essex Triathlon Club.
  • half_not_full22half_not_full22 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Today is indeed a good day, and I'm not talking about me feeling great after some intervals last night.

Walker has gone. His result is no more.....

Off for a beer 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer it if they were left in the results, but with a DQ against their name.
  • Surely that means I've moved up at least one place ?
  • He's been clever with the number, but made two schoolboy errors.  Wearing a club vest, and not going onto marathon photos and clicking 'this is not me' against all the photos of himself.  VLM will have a record of who that number was registered to in past years, so unless it's someone else's number he's bang to rights.

• CD - don't go giving him ideas - that would be a clever way to do it. 
  • bol saucebol sauce ✭✭✭
    Good that Mr Walker has gone, and good on whoever got the post to stick long enough on his FB page for others to see it.

My OH said last night that he knows the chef at Walker's favourite restaurant who advertised on his shirt, as they're members of the same golf club (hubby & chef that is) so he's going to mention this debacle to him whenever he sees him at some point. Not that I'm suggesting he should be given a strong dose of food poisoning though...

Just a thought also, in that he asked all his sponsors for £25 to get their names on his shirt. Bearing in mind this was splattered with the names of lots of companies, and has been each year, then if he kept the money that would have covered his weekend. Maybe not, maybe I'm just thinking bad things, but these payments didn't show on his just giving page.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    20207 was a non-starter from 2015-2017, but that doesn't mean the number wasn't collected at the expo.  Definitely a bloke though.  Someone in East Essex Tri must be able to identify him.
    Been doing a bit of digging and number 20267 is from the same club but no pictures?
    im sure I could see a chip on the shoe in the pics.  Very odd
  • cougiecougie ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That's very odd ?

He's definitely running in 20207. That's no 6.

The chips have been the same for a few years now so that's not definitive.

It can't be just a coincidence tgat a team mate is one digit out. Did VLM give out a wrong number ?

But why fold over the number ? 

That's a DQ anyway isn't it ? 

Maybe the club will clarify.
  • Telstar ManTelstar Man ✭✭✭

Great that Walker has been DQed.

Michele Perkins also gone. And, she has admitted it on her Just Giving page

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/michele-perkins

Rinaldi and O'Connor still appear however.

• I thought fair play, then I read it.

While I finished the marathon, I didn't complete the whole course.

So you didn't finish it. Put a donation in Michelle
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I e mailed  them yesterday 're walker and had an e mail back saying that my e mail was being passed to the dept that investigates these matters. Maybe that tipped it over edge. 
  • Very odd statement from Michele Perkins on her justgiving page. Something a bit deluded going on there, possibly linked to the 'issues' she mentions. 

Chris Walker has to face the music, the sheer arrogance is galling. I to, get worried when these cheaters are involved in raising money. Cheating doesn't usually sit next to honesty.
  • Dan ADan A ✭✭✭
    Loving this thread, but I think Mr Essex Tri is innocent.  The number is indeed 20267 (it's just folded down a bit to make the 6 look like a 0).

If you look at his photo in the Mall he is running next to 57600 - their cumulative times from start time to finish time are identical.  Also, if you look at his photos from Brighton Marathon in 2017, it's the same guy.  #JusticeforJack  :)