Thursday 3rd May 2018 Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings
Of the bluebird as she sings

Well done Emz! And lots more to come on a quicker course!

And shame about yesterday's issues SC. Any closer to finding answers?

What: anti-grav treadmill this evening

Why: less stress on the body and I can dream of running faster. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Matter Now by George Ezra.

Ouch Benjy.

The latter I think OH   

Good mile there SC - shame svt stopped play in your 5k. I swam a mile yesterday which I was pleased to be able to do just because I felt like it. Shoulder isn't too happy this morning though, it may have been a bit much on top of the new exercises the PT gave me but it will settle I'm sure.

Congratulations emzap. Especially good as you were ill and not expecting much.

It's really good to hear that you're back out running and making obvious progress Alehouse. So many niggles to manage - but better than not being able to run (or that's what I keep telling myself anyway).

Weather couldn't be much more of a contrast from yesterday, still, dry and mild. Not as warm as I'd like but then it rarely is here, tomorrow is forecast to be better but I'm working (typical). Bank holiday weekend actually looks good too.

What:           hopefully a longer run
    Why:            I'd like to get in shape for a good run at Yeovil marathon
    Last hard:    not running as much as I'd like
    Last rest:     2/5

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Steady as she goes Ale, but good to hear you're back on it!
    DD - Impressive weight gain, impressive weight loss and impressive run progress.
    You must be near RFJ now then (Swindon), I occasionally venture a little further west too - especially for summer races.

What - U11 coaching so a couple of easy miles somewhere
    Why - easy day 
    last rest - 16/04
    last hard - Monday
    lyric - possibly

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    That's a top result Emz, well done!
    Ale: I see what you mean (the running surface) nature's gel cushioning
    SC: You say ok 6.30 mile, I say wowser if only, maybe one day, on a bike maybe.
    Dustin enjoy the semi-rest day, the miles will be hidden in the day somewhere
    LMH: That's a result a mile, a 25 or 50 metre pool? 64 lengths in a 25m can seem never-ending, it is a test of true mental grit.

What: A tardy but heavy gym session today (around work pattern when can)
    Why: Legs rest and keep it all together
    Lyrics: What a cheerful start to the day, most certainly

• DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning All

Thanks for the kind words, many more kilos and KM's to lose / run yet! But for sure its coming back. I have been trawling through the results from last year for a few events I have in mind and realise that as I'm about to enter a new age group M60 I could quite easily win a few of the triathlons around here if I got back to any where near what I could produce 4 years ago, almost tempting enough to get me back in the pool and I hate swimming indoors, but only almost.

AH: Its tough getting back out there, I guess like me you don't like the alternative

LMH: Your doing Yeovil Marathon? Thats on my doorstep. What date is it this year?

Dustin: I am in Wiltshire but as far west as you can get, go 800M south and I'm in Dorset, head 1000M west and I'm in Somerset!

What: Speedwork with club tonight, nearly killed me last week.

Why: It needs to be done

Lyrics not a clue.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

SC Sorry about last night are you any further forward finding an answer ?

Em Top result well done:-)

DD: Fab work on your comeback and weight  loss:-) enjoy the speed session tonight!

Ale: Lovely to see you back out running again it has been a long  time!

Benjy:Enjoy the gym session today

LMH: I  hope run went well for you for you crack at yeovil:-)

What: 9.59 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Nothing really
    Lyrics: Why  yes I  do
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Hi guys: They have the answer. Short circuit n the AV node with guaranteed certainty that if they burn out there will be collateral damage and need for a pacemaker so it's suck and see for the moment and talk to other cardio re-what's achievable with a pacemaker versus managing the SVT. Not sure it's a must have fashion accesory but....
    WP: Loving the miles-DD Careful-Benjy-Love the description- Dustin does easy?- LMH ready for a longer run??-Ale enjoy the a.g.treddy.
    Lyrics: Oh Yes
    What: See what time I get back from Bala
    Why; Could be tired
    Last hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Sunday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    lyrics oh yes!
    Straycelt, oh blimey what a decision- hope you're doing ok though.
    WP whoosh some miles!
    DD glad one of us can see potential in that age cat, I can't for me lol.  It's tougher than previous! How exciting for you though, do it!!
    dustin enjoy easy thursday
    benjy that sounds tough!!
    LMH well done on the swim and enjoy the longer run

must read back I've missed some bits
    OH had another off road trail run with me last night and took a big tumble!!! Smashed the side of his knee, hopefully ok today.  These are some tough runs he takes me on and I think they will only be good for me, if he doesnt fall again!!

what: Club race later, 3.5 miles, tai chi and press ups done
    why: assembly league
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

have  agood day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse its so good to see you running, goodness knows you give so much encouragement to us all here
    DD wow Rhinos!!
    Emzap nice 10k
    SC sorry you had an svt hiccough
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hope OH is ok and that you have a good race Wabo. I know what you mean about the age groups - there are some fast old women about!

Haven't committed yet DD but it's a definite maybe, 10th June, we just happen to be on our way back from a holiday in Devon the day before though it does mean an expensive overnight stay on the end of our holiday, an extra night for the dog to be looked after etc so it's a bit of an indulgence, they are doing a half this year as well though that Mark says he might run. Wouldn't even have thought of it but I have been mentoring a guy who ran a GFA in his first marathon at Boston (Lincs) only to have VLM move the goal posts the next day and he's thinking of doing it. The lakes should be opening if you want to swim?

It's worse than that Benjy - a 22m pool so 74 lengths (well, 73 but it was easier to swim back to the other end to get out).

Enjoy your anti g session Alehouse.

How are you feeling recovery wise Dustin?

Any races planned Poppy?

Wish I had a magic wand SC.

A lovely morning for a run and I had an enjoyable run. managed a more or less niggle/pain free twenty miles though I did get slower as I went, I expect that though less than three weeks after a marathon so not too worried. Not being overly optimistic until I see how everything feels in the morning but so far so good.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hope tonight goes well, Wabo! Let me know if Dennis is there and still organising: didn't recognise him in January though as he has lost his long hair and beard after chemo and stem cell treatment. His friends told me he is well though. 

No rhinos here, but I do pass llamas on my way to work! 

And well done on the 20, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: may head out for a mile in a min
    Why: short on time today
    Last hard: I guess I should say yesterday, but I enjoyed it so much it didn't feel hard
    Lyrics: yes!

SC those are tough choices.  I hope the talk with the consultant goes well.
    Good 20 LMH
    Am thinking about York marathon.  Ben's comments have both encouraged and scared me!

Have a lovely day all.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Omg No races planned until October unless I run 5k on Monday but I don't think I fancy 5k. Will see if any races local to me.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Just 5k loop to keep legs ticking over.
    Night on boat (in harbour) before 6:30am sailing tomorrow. Then 6h drive to Killin.
    Last hard: track
    Lyrics no
  • "A mile in a minute" sounds ambitious, emzap ?
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great 10K last night Emzap.  Well done.

Keep on running alehouse!

SC, interesting to read your heart issues, I have minor ones.  Look after yourself! 

Great running today LMH, fingers crossed thats the end of your niggles.

Poppy, pick a few races and sign up!

Off to meet my new second-string clubmates tonight, have joined an even.more local club and will see what their session is like.  Looking forward to it.

Lyrics, yes!! 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Just a quick one to say everything is ok. Mr chick is home now. Will post longer tomorrow :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good news Chick!

Don't rush things Don! Doesn't seem long since you ran a marathon!

What: 5 miles in 30 minutes

Why: the a-g treadmill lets me do that at 90% bodyweight. I think the machine lies though as I know that if I dropped 10% bodyweight I wouldn't run that quickly, except in my daydreams.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good news chicksta.

alehouse, wise words.  My hamstring seized during the first easy rep tonight and I hobbled about for a bit.  Eased off but not nice.  Seemed fine on Tuesday though, go figure!  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Don! Hope it goes as quickly as it came. I would suggest backing right off with steady running at the most for a couple of weeks, however tempting the quicker stuff is. No rush! You need to be in a position to train well across your summer hols. Was the set up at the alternative club ok?
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Yeah, all good.  There was only about 9 people, decent warm up, few strides and drills, easy reps around a field.  Would probably like to lead the training sometime in the future.
    Racing a half marathon next Saturday so hoping it clears up soon.  Will go steady and rest as necessary, don’t want to do any medium or long term damage.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

DD - yeap plenty far from Swindon then.. :-) good to see you back

Emzap, well done, 

SC sorry to hear the SVT played up

Good day today, able to get out twice as working from home, so a am run inc 10 x 150m and then just under 9m tonight.

Still aching a bit from Sundays falls, the bruising is coming out in some special colours on hands, thigh knee and shoulder... little pinky is splinted... the joys of Mr Bump :-)

Take care all