Friday 4th May 2018 Monday mornin' feels so bad

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Training
Morning! And May the 4th be with you.

Lyrics: Monday mornin' feels so bad
Everybody seems to nag me

Yesterday's were "Daydream Believer", The Monkees

What: fitness suite...or may just settle for watching cricket after a morning's work.

Why: won't  run today. Achilles is rumbling. Being careful.

Hope you assembled well, Wabo

And hope the hamstring is ok this morning Don!

Remind us why you are on a boat, OH!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I echo what Alehouse said Donaldo - not the best idea to push the fast stuff this soon after a marathon.

Hope you have a smooth sailing, enjoyable break and good race OH. Has Els recovered?

Good news chicksta.

Knee was fine walking Grace yesterday afternoon and all evening but is a bit niggly this morning so I shall see how it is after walking but I'm guessing today will be a swim or rest day as I'd rather do that and be back running tomorrow than push it. I'm glad I got the long run in though.

What:           probably a swim or nothing
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    waiting for my knee to fix itself
    Last rest:     28/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH: What a pain with your knee but lets hope you are given the green light tomorrow for a run.

What: 8.2 mile
    Why: Because I can
    last hard: Today's run someone stole my legs and left me donkey legs instead!!
    Lyrics: yes

Picnic day today  so shorter run and will get out for a walk over the beach later.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo -how did you get on?
    Don - ditto what has been said, but I know you are sensible enough!
    LmH - hope the knee eases up. Not sure what your easy run lengths are at the moment, but perhaps rather than longer (1h+) runs, do a few weeks of 'doubles' to avoid putting continued, repeated pressure on it?
    WP - we all suffer donkey legs at some stage.
    DD - ah a target with the new age group! Go for it! So you must be out towards Wincanton way then. 

What - steady 5 or 6 sunshine miles at lunchtime
    Why - keeping it easy
    last rest - 16/04
    last hard - Monday
    lyric - think so , yes

• They are all miles in the bank Poppy.

Life doesn't really allow for doubles Dustin. Enjoy a run in the sun.

Can't be bothered to go and be stuck inside swimming so I shall bake instead.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Oh my giddy aunt SC! Really don't know what to say, just hope if you get a choice it is the one you prefer over the other. Really sympathise with you on that, sincerely,  just doesn't seem fair to happen to somebody that is active and look after themselves.

On the flipside Chicksta it must be a relief for you and Mr C. Best wishes for you both for gettig back to normality.

LMH: Well done on the 20, Yeovil is that much of a journey for you? Went to Yeovil once, for me it was like Captain Cook's voyage, about 12 hours through the night. For the Scots on here it would be quicker to get to the moon in a Triumph Dolomite.

Welsh: Enjoy that picnic! And rest the donkey legs.

Wabo: Tumbles, bashes and obstacles, keep that streak going!

Ale: And May the fourth be with you young Alehouse. Enjoy the smack of leather on willow today.

Have a good day everyone today, Goldilocks weather here, just right, got a book cover design for somebody to do today, being putting to back of the pile for the last month need to get it done, so today's task so will break it up with an intrinsically motivated run today. No goal for distance, pace or route, I will be like a leaf blowing in the wind and see where I get, maybe 7, 8, 9 or 10.

What: A run heavily disguised as a mystery tour
    Why: It's Friday
    Lyrics: Well you have got me there, I don't recognise it

• Enjoy the run Benjy, I hope you find inspiration for the book cover. Yeovil would be a very long way to go for the marathon (I'm in Derby) but we happen to be on holiday in Deon the week before so would just extend that by one night and make it a stopover on the way home.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hamstring no better today, hope I haven't pulled it.  Will rest and see how it feels tomorrow.  

Lyrics, nope! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Dennis was at assembly league alehouse, he looked really well, short hair! I assembled ok. 31.52 for 3.4 miles
    I don't think I have any PB's in this body anymore!
    Alehouse, look after the achilles, well you will I know
    LMH same for the knee
    wp oh my some miles going on!
    Benjy ha ha streak is intact! I love the mystery tour running!!
    Dustin enjoy the sunny steady
    what tai chi and hula done, run later
    why: fun
    last hard: last nights race
    last rest: 31/12/16

I know I beat one in my category last night, I worked so hard to catch her then had to keep working hard to beat her!!
    Have a lovely weekend all, planning a nice long bike ride with OH monday,cant wait! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done WaboAnd thanks for the news re Dennis. Will pass on to Dr Hill later: got in from work and he had left me an answer phone message to phone him...but he wasn't in when I tried!

Off to cricket.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: rest
    Why: achy legs
    Last hard: Wednesday
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good day all