Tuesday 8th May 2018 - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

Morning.

Lyrics - I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh

That's what I did a couple of weeks before VLM last year RFJ, no cast but it healed quite quickly in the sling.

Last of the really warm day today, tomorrow not forecast to be too bad but then we're down in the low teens again:-( 

What:           hopefully a MLR
Why:            miles and smiles
Last hard:    the thought of returning to work today
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - On The Road Again by Canned Heat.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Emz: Sounds like a good one 17km, Bluebell woods that's not Northampon way is it by any chance? I imagine there are lots of 'Bluebell Woods' around the country, it's just my brother lived in a village/town there for a few years next to locally well known spot call bluebell woods that used to cisit.

RFJ: What a gutter, apart from the tumble, sounds lgood a forest run on a summer day.

Dustin: Well done on the trail marathon and even more so on the seven recovery. I would imagine Brecons would have been pretty exposed to direct sun.

LMH: Lovely day on beach yesterday, but regarding paddle board, we had them but the sea was freezing, the beach was summer but the sea was not, it would have needed wetsuits, nobody in the water hardly (hats off to OH for his dips in the sea). Thankfully myself and youngest built a massive hole in the sand until we reached water then fortified the edges with an abundance of sand castles.

Have to make up for Bank Holiday tues-fri, going in work this morning, but leaving at lunchtime to get a run in before school pickup, as it all starts then, tea at grandmas, one at Taekwondo then one at swimming, then me at taekwondo, home at 9:15.

What: 6/7 miler early afternoon, TKD tonight

Why: Tuesday schedule

Lyrics: Oh yes, might have to be a next choice for karaoke

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no. Should have known yesterday's and I wouldn't be surprised if I should know today's!

What: Tuesday is my Pilates routine day. Not sure whether I will have time to have a short run as well

Why: work gets in the way

Good to see OL pop in.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Definitely know today's lyrics which makes a nice change.  I think you are right alehouse, you might well know them!

Dustin and RFJ, well done on the races. 

Sounds like great fun at the beach, Benjy, I'm envious.

Really missing running properly now, took another rest yesterday, did a few hamstring stretches though.  Will go to the club tonight and get recommendations of people to see.  Have pulled out of the half this weekend so hopefully someone else can get my entry, the race has a waiting list.

Looking forward to a reduction in temperature, hope you don't miss the heat too much LMH!  Enjoy your miles and smiles,!!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Benjy - yes, let's just say that the shoulders and arms are a little pink (and tender) still!
    RFJ - well done on the race and glad your tumble wasn't too serious.
    Ah Bluebells! Have plenty of spots near me where they grow in abundance. Went for a late sunset run last night through one such place, plenty of deer in the woods too and full of birdsong.  

What - club session, I'll be in the slow group
    Why - legs still hammered
    Last Rest - 16/04
    Last hard - Saturday
    Lyric - Think so
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning 

Looks like i need to read back for yesterday!
    I did not run I was very ill with dehydration and the heat not that I was out in the heat the day before, maybe 20 minutes having coffee in the garden .As my runs are at 5.30am.So I stayed indoors all day only started to feel right at about 5pm.

What:5.22 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes

All my body felt like doing so I listened I am hoping tomorrow it goes better.A lot cooler today thank goodness so I may sleep better tonight.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Heading home, spending time with son+GF.
    will wave as we pass by Don
    work tomorrow
    last hard: Saturday but enjoyable. May get race report done while on boat this evening.
    last rest Sunday (a real rest) but yesterday was jaunt up Ben A'an immediately followed by swim in Loch Arklet (accompanied by Els and our son). 
    Lyrics no idea

couple of days work this week then on to Cape Wrath Challenge from weekend - our annual southern beach holiday!  ;)

• Daffodils lining the roads for us at this time of year  :)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Ooh lovely daffodils are they always this late? Although we have some in local gardens but just finished flowering/
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    OH our daffs long gone but bluebells are out in abundance as is the wild garlic. Fantastic smell.
    Good runs over the weekend. Sorry about Mr Bump RFJ...ouch. Nice to see you out again Ale. WP...oops ...hope all sorted soon. Sensible Don...hope you get better soon. Had a fun weekend with huge amount of tourists in the forest (46/160) Glastonbury was fun on Sunday. Put on sensible head and started with the tail runner so I couldn't get over excited. Ended up in 47.24 and 92/505 with no episode so great fun. Factor 30 and still managed to get a bit of sunburn. Excellent run in at the finish to improve a few positions in the race and pleasing to see chip time would have been at least another six higher:-)
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Rose Inn 4 mile race
    Why: Part of a series I've entered
    Last Hard: Saturday's parkrun
    Last Rest: yesterday (Sensibly!)
    Wee pic of home straight and the hat is reversed to keep sun off my neck on the way back round...not a fashion statement :-)
    Image may contain 2 people people standing and outdoor
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    aoh enjoy cape wrath! I really want to get back - maybe next year
    WP this weather is hard for the running!
    dustin enjoy the club run
    SC great photo!!
    Donaldo hope you can get sorted soon
    LMH enjoy the MLR, miles and smiles
    alehouse, hope the running is coming on nice
    Benjy enjoy run and tkd

what: 2 miles this morning 
    why: theatre with my daughter later, surprise so I don't know what!
    last hard: yesterday run after a bike ride
    last rest: 31/12/16 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice pic SC. Looking strong. Glad there were no episodes.

RFJ: Oh no, not another tumble!!

Dustin: sounds very hardcore. Well done. 15th sounds like a very decent placing.

Em: Missing those bluebells. We don't have any in our woods. There is a variety available for gardens but it's just not the same as seeing them in the wild.

Enjoy Cape Wrath, OH.

Busy busy, Benjy.

Good stuff, ale.

Don: sensible to pull out of the half. A week down the line with no running should really make you see improvements.

Hope work wasn't too bad, LMH.

Another beautiful morning run here. It's soooo lovely and quiet out there first thing with just the birds for company. Lovin' it. Convalescence starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

What: 6 glorious miles
    Why: I'm a runner
    Last hard: 18/4/18
    Last rest: 4/5
    Lyrics: familiar but I have to say no, just can't name the tune.
  • Great result all round SC.

I missed Ollie?

Sensible Donaldo, hope you can get to see someone who can sort you out quickly.

Will you be able to post whilst you're away chicksta?

Nice to be surprised like that Wabo. Hope you enjoy whatever it is - you'll need an ice cream in the interval  :)

Safe journey OH. Looking forward to the report.

Hope you feel better soon Poppy.

Hope your legs forgive you soon Dustin.

Pretty sure you know the lyrics Alehouse.

Sounds like a nice day yesterday and a busy one today Benjy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not only should I have known the lyrics I have used them a couple of years ago!

Pouring here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: rest 
    Why: being sensible!  My legs ache from yesterday!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes!

Well done SC, glad you had an episode free run
    OH have a good journey home
    Don take care
    Ben no West Midlands

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Yes, summer has gone here too Alehouse :-(
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great running SC

WP hope you are feeling better

Sensible Don

Results came in from yesterdays race, surprised to find I finished 8th (despite being 16th last year and over 5 mins slower than last year.... if I had done my best time for the event I would have been on the podium..... but then again the heat played a part in that.

Recovery run tonight... take care
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ, great result.

Went to the club, did 4 miles slow warm up and some cautious strides while taking advice from all and sundry.  Decided to do the session which was 16 x 1 minute off, 1 minute on.  Although I speeded up a bit for the faster sections, I did it at a steady pace, covering 5 miles in the 32 minutes.  Was in constant discomfort and clearly my quad took on all the work as it was tired and sore at the end.  Currently icing the hamstring and getting ibuprofen on board  - I'll be fine and am happy I managed the session without significant pain.  

No doubt you will all take back the 'sensible' comments now!!  :D
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Obviously nothing wrong with you, Don...
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening,

Just a cycle today.  I plan on sneaking in some miles tomorrow.

Hope you have all had a good day.
    Have a good day. image