Thursday 10th May 2018 ...the two of us need look no more

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: ...the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for

What: fitness suite plus may have a very short run, depending on the Achilles

Why: Achilles has been complaining again so obviously not ready for a great deal of running just yet

re the lyrics, would expect at least one forumite to know these.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Boys Of Summer by Don Henley

It sounds as though it's working Donaldo which is good.

Doesn't seem fair that your achilles is playing up now your back is allowing you to run Alehouse.

What:          MLR or LSR if the legs are playing/physio
    Why:            I have the time and a potential marathon/maintenance
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - tugging at a memory but I can't place them.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Alehouse: Sorry to hear achilles is playing up after being given the all clear but life or running does not always play fair with us!! Hang in there

LMH:Enjoy the LSR/MLR today and hope physio is not too ouchy.

Benjy: Lovely hat photo at VLM I bet that hat will get plenty of use over the summer:-)

What: 8 miles on the nose
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: getting out of bed/tiredness
    Lyrics: Oh yes easy peasy:-)

Legs tired today so very pleased they wanted to do so much climbing 240m.Weather was a little nippy this morning but I am not complaining at all:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Morning Chaps.

SC: Good pace on the 4 miler, just put it in pace calculator to see what that works out at, very good! Sorry to hear the appointment wasn't positive, best wishes there is all I can say.

Donaldo: Although you say an easy it's a good pace there also with your 7, I'm sure you had hills also where you are, superb.

Ale: Hope you do manage a run out today if feeling ok.

LMH: Like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade "Choose wisely", either way great day for either choice. Full credit for the hat by the way 30% for the patent idea.

Welsh: Well done on not 7.99 or 8.01, you should take up darts. Something satisfying with getting it exact.

Yesterday Lyrics: How in the moses did I not get that, I was singing along to it on Radio 2 just the day before. That's how the game works, no half points.

What: Deciding, depending on work tasks, whether to do a semi-committed Fartlak 7 or a steady sight-seeing 10 Scalby Mills cliffs and North Bay. Think it will be the steady 10 late-morning today and the 7 tomorrow.

Why: Would like to get pace back up a bit, had some promise in that department this week.

Lyrics: Welsh you say easy-peasy, that is just aggravating an open wound as I'm stumped!

Have a good one folks!
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Ale: Forget to say, yes you are quite right, wearing black was not a wise move for VLM, had my t-shirt sponsored and printed well before any indication of the freak warm spell. Night before I remember pinning my number on whilst thinking "hmmm..."
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: run to boxercise and back
    Why: trying to keep up cross training and haven't been for a few weeks
    Last hard: think it may be today!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good one all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

I really know I must know these lyrics, it will come
    emzap boxercise sounds good enjoy!
    benjy enjoy whichever one you do
    wp as ever great miles
    lmh enjoy your run, its a lovely day!
    alehouse, sorry to hear that achilles is playing up!

what: 2 miles this morning, will do another later before yoga
    why: I'm not managing my time well at all
    last hard: this morning but a neg split again and faster than yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Working until about 5 but hope to get swim and short run in after that.
    Lyrics no
    Need to check out hats for Cape Wrath week.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH, the show was at the Soho Theatre and called one green bottle.  Hilarious! Loved it.  Kathryn Hunter was in it playing the Japanese dad and the writer played the mum, another man the daughter. So funny!
    SC sorry your appt wasn't useful.  My daughter has another one next week, need to ask what for as I am confused.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had to google lyrics it was going to bug me all day!! Can't believe I didn't just know it...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And can't believe Benjy doesn't know the lyrics!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    first thing I thought Alehouse
  • I found it a little nippy out this morning too, it's amazing how quickly we adapt to the warmer temperatures. Legs played ball and I enjoyed another LSR. Physio says that my foot/ankle issue is cuboid syndrome and that the lump in my calf is actually the peroneus. Massaged, needled and taped and pronounced ok to run. Need to keep up the foam rolling/stick and icing and hope it continues to get better.

What did you decide Benjy? I think it was a 10 on the cliffs kind of day if your weather was anything like ours.

I'm glad you had a good time Wabo.

A round number Poppy!?!  ;)

Enjoy your swim and run OH.

Hope boxercise wasn't as painful as you were expecting emzap. How is the new job going?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Round the wreck followed by 4.75 miles
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Paddling or swimming, OH? And I have several Panamas which I'm sure would be perfect for Cape Wrath.

Fitness suite session with 2k run. Achilles no issue probably because it had loosened up. The rest of me struggled.
  • Only if they have a tight neck string, AH!
    swimming earlier.