Friday 11th May 2018 - I felt it when the sun came up this morning

Morning.

Lyrics - I felt it when the sun came up this morning

I find everything takes a lot longer to loosen up these days Alehouse.

Do you feel as though your running is coming back now OH or does it all feel like more of an effort than you'd expect still?

What:            short and easy
Why:             work/10k on Sunday
Last hard:     not crying at the physio
Last rest:      4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Ben", Michael Jackson, for no other reason than the music was on the piano! 

Lyrics: no

What: probably similar to yesterday, i.e. fitness suite plus short run

Why: depends how I feel. Both the Achilles and back kept me awake...and now I'm up both don't seem too bad.

Sinfin, LMH?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning! Almost back to normal now, last nights training went very well. After the drills and strides, we did 18 x diagonal pitch sprints with the width as an easy recovery. 3 sets of 6. Was able to run at pretty much top pace hamstring was tweaking at the end so I had to ease back for the last 3. Plenty of ice on it again when I got home and again this morning. Good session, I do like the short stuff. Lyrics, nope. Resting today - I hope everyone had a good day.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds good news, Don!

OL: am at Burnage tomorrow, leafleting for Sale Sizzlers

Blood test shortly then work for the morning.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - great report and an outstanding achievement, well done!
    Benjy - loving the hat. Used to be Reni hats back in the day, my kids call them bucket hats nowadays. Still got a few somewhere.
    what - steady lunchtime miles, looks set to be another scorcher.
    why - oiling the wheels
    last rest - 16/04
    last hard - Tuesday hill reps

Off up North tomorrow: running the Leeds Half on Sunday with daughter #1 (aim: get round)
    Will be emotional for me as it's our first race together. Not sure I'll get back on here until Monday, I tend not to use t'internet when away. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Enjoy Leeds, DustinNot fit enough to run with my daughter yet! And don't expect sun in Leeds if Manchester is anything to go by: grey and cold with a max forecast of 13 today with wind and rain this pm!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning folks

New age cat for me as of today . I'm now officially half a century old :)

Settled in nicely at by the clinic and slept loads since we got here. Body is catching up with the trauma it seems. The doc said my hubby was so not the typical cardiac patient so no wonder we were hit by surprise when it all happened.

I managed 5 hot ks on Wednesday afternoon in 27 degrees. Strangely it didn't bother me as much as it normally would. Yesterday was just a couple of walks. Now gearing up for a proper run in the woods.

OH: well done you and Els. Loved the report.

Benjy: fantastic marathon pic.

LMH: Glad you're on the mend.

Dustin: enjoy the race. It'll be lovely to run with your daughter.

Don: seems you got away with being cheeky

Going to post the whats later.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Happy new age group, Chick!
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Chicksta! Enjoy your birthday run

Dustin: That is lovely to hear that you will be running with your daughter, makes it really special. Ignore what Ale says about the weather, the Penines are there to keep the clouds penned in Lancashire/Manchester and not stray over to Yorkshire.

Ale: Ben! Of course! The story of a rat that was sung to me all through school. Fitness suite and run,  good stuff!

Donaldo: Enjoy the rest day, good to see it heading back to normal.

LMH: Did cliffs yesterday, decided on 7 with pace intervals, but topped it up to 8 instead as was quite happy. Enjoy your short easy today, makes for a pleasent Friday.

Emz: I'm doing York also, you will enjoy it, it is great passing by the Minster. Will be third time for me now, I said after VLM no more marathons for foreseable future, three days later signed up again for York. Just felt the Summer runs training with a mate of mine, getting out and about I would miss them.

Welsh: On my 8 miles yesterday, just getting to my house, last three houses to pass, I thought it was going to be bang on 8, but alas no, it was 8.02, had a slight chuckle to myself at that after yesterday's comments.

Working on a Christmas logo for somebody at the moment, now I know how it feels for Noddy Holder when he recorded Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody in Summer. Going in workplace for an hour meeting at 11 so need to work my run in to it.

What: 4 miles route to work, 6 miles route back, nice and steady, routes unknown
    Why: Just like to mix it up a bit
    Lyrics: No, I really don't think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    happy birthday Chicksta, have a great one!!
    Benjy enjoy your magical mystery tours!!
    dustin have a fantastic time! 
    donaldo  glad to hear you are getting better!!
    alehouse, enjoy today, hope it goes well
    LMH have a nice short and easy, I dread physios!

Yoga was good again last night, been a few weeks now

what: only a  mile not the bike commute I wanted
    why: glands on right side of neck so painful I am being sensible :-(
    last hard: deciding that this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day and lovely weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Chick you young thing you..
    Ale / Benjy - I never expect anything other than damp and grey when I venture north ;-) 
  • Happy Birthday chicksta!

Hope you feel better soon Wabo.

Sounds like a nice weekend Dustin.

Glad your back and achilles are easing Alehouse. Yes, Sinfin again - hoping for a better run than last year though doing it off teh back of my biggest week since before Boston probably isn't going to help.

It will be here before we know it Benjy...........I'm hoping for some summer first though.

Glad your hamstring is continuing to improve Donaldo.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Happy birthday. Welcome to a cracking decade youngster :-)
    Ale: Hope the improvements keep coming and better sleep comes soon.
    Dustin: I like the idea of oiling the wheels
    Wabo: Stay sensible
    LMH: I aspire to your short and easy :-)
    Donaldo: Fastine lente
    Lyrics: Nope
    What: No idea
    Why: CBA
    Last Hard: Bala trip and back Wed/Th
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Looking forward to parkrun tomorrow as it's first visit as an ambassador to an event I haven't been to before. Something new so might re-ignite missing mojo to get a in gear for Liverpool half next weekend
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks guys :)

Enjoy parkrun tomorrow SC and hope you retrieve some mojo there.

OMG Benjy Xmas!! Don't want to think about it until at least October ....

What: 10 miles through the woods. Undulating, offroady and tough but I loved it
    Why: birthday present to myself
    Last hard: not falling over tree roots
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Carpet fitter arrived 08:00
    job quickly done but old carpet to be disposed of and room furniture to be reassembled and located.
     Blowing a hoolie but needed swim after that. No plans to run today.
    Heading to Durness tomorrow for Cape Wrath Challenge
    last rest: Tuesday
    last hard: yesterday
    lyrics no.

LMH improving in that I was wondering whether I'd ever run a long race again but not back to previous level yet.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,
    Late one from me as picnic day well lets just say picnic was eaten in the car windy,cold and raining:-)

Benjy I thought you would get the lyrics to yesterday's I did snigger to myself .Ooh so close to 8 miles on the nose for you thi morning it is harder than we think.

Happy Birthday chick welcome to the club:-)

wabo: I hope you  are okay?
    LMH: Great job on being tough with physio yesterday;-)

SC : Enjoy your parkrun tomorrow
    What:8.08 miles
    Why: Because I can
    last hard: This morning run big girl pants pulled up
    Lyrics:Nope

Tough run legs not responding but I have felt tired all day ,Lets hope tomorrow they are back to normal.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm glad things are going in the right direction OH. Sounds as though you're doing lots of work on the house. Hope you have a lovely week away - I'm looking forward to seeing what this year's fancy dress is.

That doesn't sound like much fun Poppy.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Hi All

Struggling to get back in the habit of posting, mainly because I often don't go near a PC all day.

Chick: Happy Birthday, I made M60 on Monday!
    OH: What is the Cape Wrath Challenge? A wild part of the country.
    Dustin: Its no scorcher down here.

What: 30 miles on the bike at a brisk pace
    Why: Went to see the Rhino's at Longleat
    Last Hard: Wednesdays Yeovil 5K, first race as a M60 (first race for 2.5 years!) I used to run marathons at a faster pace.... ah well its a long road back
    Last Rest: Yesterday, body rebelled after a 40 mile bike ride and a 5K race on Monday.

Stourhead Immortal 10K tomorrow, have got the racing bug again

Lyrics: Nah
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Afternoon!

A belated happy birthday, DD! Catching me up! And well done on pinning a number on!

Nice birthday run, Chick!

What: fitness suite sandwich, i.e. a run in the middle (2.5k)

Why: a long road back etc etc

Enjoy Cape Wrath, OH! How many of the races do you plan to do?