Saturday 12th May 2018 - Atmospheres are tense today

Morning.

Lyrics - Atmospheres are tense today

Lovely morning again - shame my race is tomorrow when the wind is forecast to pick up!

Are you retired now then DD? Happy belated birthday.

parkrunning today Alehouse?

Hope you have a good race SC.

What:            short and easy
Why:             10k tomorrow
Last hard:     being enthusiastic about the race
Last rest:      4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Part of Me, Part of You by Glenn Frey.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Yes, gentle run around Burnage parkrun, LMH.

Race/parkrun well everyone.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    DD - Happy belated birthday!
    What - heading north, maybe squeeze a few miles in before dinner
    Why - Leeds Half tomorrow
    Last Rest - 16/04
    Last Hard - Tuesday
    Steady 75 minutes yesterday up to Greenwich and Blackheath. Seemed odd running around Green and Blue starts with no other runners there!
    Looked like London was the only place that got some decent weather. 
    That said it's grey and looks like rain here this morning....
  • parkrun I think
    Leaving on ferry tlater this afternoon
    Last hard: humping carpets
    Lyrics no

Hope your parkrun is uneventful AH

DD Cape Wrath Challenge is a week of running set in the far NW of Scotland starting with HM (or10k) and culminating in the iconic marathon out to Cape Wrath lighthouse and back. 
    Ceilidh to close
    Social events and shorter events through the week

Have entered all again but will see how week goes. A good Orkney entry this year!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Happy belated Birthday DD
    Dustin : Go well tomorrow:-0 cake loading today then sorry carb loading;-)

What: 8.11 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope

2 degrees this morning but at least i can dress for the weather so no moaning here;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Oh enjoy cape wrath.
    Alehouse have a fun park run
    Wp great miles again go girl
    Dustin enjoy your day and especially your half tomorrow
    Lmh enjoy the short and easy and run wilw tomorrow
     Glands still blooming painful so I didn't do my race today, gutted

What one mile streak saver
    Why it's all I'm capable of
    Last hard yesterday Mike
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Are Eton Manor sending a team again this year, Wabo?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

So OH wrote: "Hope your parkrun is uneventful AH"

Last June was the last time I ran this course, damaging my right Achilles in the process; nothing like that could happen again today, surely? Everything was going well, in that I was running well within myself, until three and a half k when, out of the blue, something happened to my left calf and I had to stop to massage it a couple of times, losing well over a minute in the last 1.5k. Not that I am worried about that. Can put my finger on the offending spot and am now sitting here with ice on it feeling sorry for myself! (Well I'm not actually because worse things can happen!)

Did you parkrun, OH?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Oh no Alehouse - hope it's nothing.

Get well soon Wabo.

Safe journeys Dustin and OH. Sun is out here Dustin.

Nice consistent running Poppy.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

OH I have added Cape Wrath to my bucket list, thanks to easy jet it would be cheaper to race up there than getting to London

LMH: I have semi retired, though starting to get bust again. I spend my days writing marine expert witness reports for very demanding barristers.

AH: Oh No, hope its nothing that ice and a couple of days rest won't cure.

Wabo: Hope you feel better soon

Dustin: Good luck with the ½

What: The Immortal 10K, Stourhead, 2K down hill, 4k up hill, 3K down and 1K up to finish, mixture of road and trail.

Why: its 3 miles from my front door and its time to get back out there

Last hard: Today up the hill, but achieved aims of a) running whole way b) a time under my age.

Last Rest: Thursday

Lyrics: Nah
  • Sounds like a tough one DD - well done.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ale: Ooops..hope it's not too bad.
    DD well done. WP I continue to be amazed. LMH and Dustin: Good luck and race well tomorrow OH: Hope you had a good parkrun
    Quick in and out as under pressure today...too many things on agenda
    Went up to Newent for first ambassador outing to a really friendly intimate and challenging parkrun. 22.40 and 7/76 2nd in age group!
    What: parkrun
    Why: Tis Saturday
    Last Hard: Last Tuesday in reality
    Last Rest: Yesterday...ran out of hours in the day
    Lyrics: Nope

• Sorry to hex your parkrun, AH. Hopefully just that muscle had not been significantly exerted recently.
    26:55 not impressive in grand scheme, but my fastest on that course, my fastest in 2018 and 1st in age group. #26/71

Durness is still a 4h drive even if easyJet gets you to Inverness, DD
    but well worth it. There are regulars from Essex, Wales, Holland, France and one guy came from Alaska twice!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Happy belated 60th DD. And well done at the 10k. I like the idea of being a 10k time under your age. 

Oh no ale :( please not another injury.

Enjoy your respective races, Dustin and LMH.

Hope you're ok, wabo.

Sorry you've such bad weather poppy.

Beautiful spring here this year. Can't complain.

What: 10 hilly k
    Why: nice to train in different terrain
    Last hard: not getting lost
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: no
  • No race until Monday, SC, (HM), just driving across this evening with easy day tomorrow.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    OH Crap punctuation: Race well was Dustin and LMH yours was enquiry re-parkrun!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hello, quick post, will catch up later.  I think I’ve missed a couple of birthdays!

Had two cans of Vimto yesterday, soft drink, had previous concerns it didn’t agree with me.  I was right, woke up at 2 am with a splitting headache and was sick a few times before 8:30.  Nasty.  Must be the e-numbers.

Anyway, felt like I was having a bad hangover (not had alcohol since last Sat) and will never drink that stuff again.  

Plenty of painkillers and managed a run about 1pm, 7 miles in about 51 mins with one fast mile of 6:09.  Still not right though, definitely allergic to something in that drink.

Lyrics, nope! 

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Hi Chaps, apologies have to be brief, quick clock in, been busy since 6.30AM this morning to and fro, family meal at brothers pub in an hour and then Eurovision and scorecards with all extended family over from Ireland so routing for UK and Ireland tonight.

Dustin: Good luck tomorrow! Hope the conditions are spot on and you and your daughter have a memorable event, looking forward to hearing about it.

What: Massive gym and stretch session done this morning, going to have serious Doms tomorrow.

Why: Gym day/run break

Lyrics: May is proving to be a sorry affair for this. No.

Have a good evening chaps, if you are watching Eurovision wahey, if you are not then we know you secretly are.
  • Well parkran SC and OH.

Was it the full fat version or the diet one Donaldo? I can't drink aspartame or acesulfame k, only 'foods' I know that induce my migraines.

Is Mr C enjoying his rehab too chicksta?

Thanks for teh good wishes, not really sure what to expect tomorrow, I think this is my annual 10k - it's just too short a distance for me and I only seem to run them off the back of marathon training. I think I'd be content with sub 40 though my 10k PB should be soft really - 38.52. I just don't seem to do fast.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

A lot may well depend on the conditions tomorrow, LMH: forecast didn't look great. Have friends who were supposed to be going to Trent Bridge to watch cricket tomorrow: they are not going now, partly because of the weather, and also because Lancashire may have won by the time they get there!

Don: I love Vimto...but only the original in a bottle that a dilute with hot water. The club recovery drink of choice! Can't stand the canned version.

Enjoy this evening, Benjy and your Eurovision party also, Emz! Doubt I will watch, not even secretly.

• <Rant>
    Aspartame has now been introduced to classic Ribena. Previously a Ribenaholic, I haven't touched the stuff since. This was to get below the sugar tax threshold. I would have been ok with reducing sugar ... but adding Aspartame! ?</Rant>
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Strangely enough in a combination of Alehouse and OH's posts hot blackcurrant was the recovery drink of choice when I was a youngster at running club and something I still have in the winter.

OH - Tesco stock a very nice prganic blackcurrant squash made by Rocks - no artificial anythings.

Aehouse - we are just forecast some light rain from 0900hrs for three hours or so which will be a pain when it comes to running to the race, collecting the number and waiting to start (which was delayed last year because people hadn't left enough time to park and collect numbers on arrival) but doesn't look too bad temperature or wind wise.

Edit - typical - have just had an email from P to say that he's declaring himself injured and definitely won't be running Yeovil, had I known this I may not have run 100 miles this week and may have given myself a better chance of a good time tomorrow! Now need to decide whether to stay over the extra night on our way home from holiday and run Yeovil or not.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    LMH, OH and alehouse,  diet version.  It's making me examine everything I drink.  Still seem to be okay with diet irn bru thank goodness.  
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Evening all

sorry been AWOL for the week

milage is ticking away with 12.6 today inc a hard parkrun of 20:43 :-)

Edinburgh is real now - number came through today, 15 days and counting - Taper time after tomorrow.

Happy belated birthday DD

Good park running too :-)

Ale - be careful

OH have a good race

Take care
  • Some use different sweeteners Donaldo so worth checking.

Are you looking forward to the taper RFJ?