Tuesday, 15 May 2018 - if I could turn the page

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning

Had internet issues the past couple of days. 

No thread yet so here I am :)

Today's lyrics: if I could turn the page

Gonna read back now and post more later.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you and Mr C are still enjoying/benefiting from rehab chicksta.

Another lovely day forecast here - supposed to drop 7C tomorrow, I'm going to feel that!

What:           more easy miles/dentist
    Why:            making the most of the good weather/check-up
    Last hard:    the pace I managed on Sunday was faster than it should have been
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - familiar but a no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: also familiar so also a no

Very misty at present so looks as if it will be sunny later. It is always quite warm this week: SATs week at work.

What: will done as much of my Pilates routine as my calf will let me

Why: calf strain or similar

LMH: not sure I understand your "Last hard"!

Chick: hope all is going to plan

RFJ: think I could hearing you cheering last night!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Haha SC, you are right, it did read a bit like that! 

Hamstring 100% yes, LMH, although the real test will be club training tonight.

4 Miles this morning, totally stunning day.
  • Beautiful photo Donaldo.

Nor do I Alehouse - brain not functioning well this morning. I think it should read something about the effort on Sunday being somewhat harder than I would have hoped for at the pace.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

We had a mist this morning as well although it was not there when I left home but had decended half way through my run.

What: 8.25 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping last night
    Lyrics: Nope

Yesterday's lyrics were "Sunny Afternoon" by the Kinks and off course Sir Tom has also sung them as well;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    SC: Really sorry to hear your continuing problems with SVT, hope you keep in good spirits otherwise. Great race result.

Welsh: Good morning run there, racking those miles up. Half way through month now, what is your current running total?

Ale: Mist where you are too? Must be heading my way at some point, hope the pilates does its job today

Chicksta: Hope you chaps are doing well now, you have got me on today's lyrics

LMH: Enjoy the miles today, make the most of it before the change in temp. Can it really jump to 7 degrees tomorrow? Hard to imagine how it is now.

Donaldo: Cracking pic, it is like divine intervention on the hilltop. Good to hear hamstring is feeling better.

OH: Hope you survived last night and order has been restored.

Gym day today and TKD tonight. Quite handy a non-running day today, got what I can only describe as an apprentice sprain on the outer edge of ankle and top of foot. Not that painful just more niggly and annoying. In a strange way kind of nice, I tilt my foot and stretch it and it is similar to the feeling when you scratch an itch a kind of "ooh that's nice". Rather not have it though, hope it is gone for tomorrow as I want a good run on cliffs.

What: Gym at lunchtime with Jeremy Vine. TKD this evening.

Why: Non-running day today, legs get a rest the other half of body gets the workout.

Lyrics: It sounds familiar, but it is a no. Disappointing as on a high after 27 points on Ken Bruce Popmaster yesterday.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    SC - sorry to hear about continued SVT woes, ditto your Orkney clubmate OH, that sounds painful. Well done you though for toughing it out.
    Good racing LmH & Emz (did I miss anyone else), and a great result for RFJ & Fulham.
    Don, if you want that sickness and hangover effects, I can heartily recommend other products than Vimto.

What - club night
    Why - coaching
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - last week

Sunday I ran the Leeds Half with daughter #1. She was after "between 10-11 min miling" and secretly wanted 2h15.
    A warm, bright and sunny day with a gentle breeze. I found it ideal, I think she found the heat a bit much. After a faster first mile (sub 10) we eased back, assisted by some hillier roads. Around mile 8 she said that it wasn't hurting yet, I think I may have said, "give it time". 
    Her longest run to date was just over 10, so as soon as we got back on the Kirkstall Road back to Leeds City it was a distance pb with every step.
    Teeth gritted on the last two miles but she kept it going and by now we were going past lots of people. Hit the City centre and she was a bit concerned beforehand about the incline to the finish. Having seen Mum and sister with 200 yards to go, we sped up, flying past people, and crossed the line in 2:13:45. 
    Very happy and very proud of her.
    Looking back at strava, first two were ~9:45, 3-7 were about 10:30s, 8-11 were all 9:40-9:50 with the last 2 10:15s. The last 'bit' was closer to 8 m/miling. 

She did say never again, we'll see how long that lasts!
  • The travellers in Durness appear to be rather quieter and subdued this morning. The contest for the new top dogs had continued well on into the evening with merriment continuing on into the night. No incidents were reported by the police.
  • What: 2 lochs 5.5 mile cross country type race
    Why: day 2
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH loving your reports wishing I was there.  Sorry to hear about your fellow Orkney runner, hope she's ok
    sc sorry to hear SVT caused problems hope you are ok
    LMH hope the dentist goes ok, enjoy the easy
    Alehouse sorry about your calf hope it eases up 
    Donaldo what a lovely pic, glad your hamstring is better
    WP great miles, I should have known your lyrics 
    Benjy great popmaster score! Enjoy your busy day, hope the foot comes to nothing, I kind of think I know what you mean with that foot pain
    Dustin well done to y oru daughter I bet she was chuffed!

What: bike commute (short version) 15.5, run 1 mile after
    why: It's about time the bike came out to play!
    last hard: this morning 
    last r est: 31/12/16

have a good day all, potentially will be cycling much further later depends on OH getting away from work

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Wabo is it true 3 miles on a bike = 1 mile running? :-)
    Benjy: Still smile at your reportage. I had tkd last night and it was a tad stretching for my students but not for me! 
    LMH: Trust dentist is routine. We've been 5/6 degs in the morning last few days but up to 20's by lunchtime. Don't like the contrast and would not fancy a full day at the drop! Wrap up.
    OH, keep us posted on Crime Watch. CEnjoy today.
    Dustin. Great report. It's fab to run with your kids. Got my older boy with me at Liverpool on Sunday. Little toad does virtually no training and is talking 1.45 for Sunday and he'll probably do that with ease.
    WP...where was this mist? Clear as a bell in SEWales. Good miles again.
    Nice to see you back Chicksta and posting some great lyrics! Best to you and Mr C.
    Ale: CEnjoy the SaT's and hope the calf eases.
    Fantastic photo Donaldo.
    What: Something gentle at lunchtime
    Why: Club tonight and tapering :-)
    Last Hard: Yesterday's treacle run
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: Yes.
  • Benjy - it's forecast to drop 7C tomorrow not be 7C, 21C high today, 14C tomorrow. Get some ice on that ankle, you don't want it weak when you're running on the cliff paths never mind for Ravenscar on Sunday.

Really pleased your daughter enjoyed her first half Dustin. I bet she'll be signing up to another soon too.

You make sure you save something for Sunday SC, can't have these young upstarts upstaging us. Mind you I bet you'll be walking better on Monday...........

It is nice biking weather Wabo, hope you get to enjoy another ride later with company.

Enjoy OH.

More good miles Poppy.

Lovely out there again today and I made the most. Legs were happy at Forrest Gump pace and just kept going so another LSR bagged.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done on the 10k LMH. Love that you dropped at least one of those whippersnappers ;)

Great result for your group on Sunday, LMH.

Perfect pacing, Dustin.  More to come from your daughter.

Sorry to hear about ongoing ANY woes, SC. Obviously I don't know much about it but hubby is on xarelto as anti-coagulant and that stuff apparently stops SVT as well. Guess you can do without blood thinners though  ...

Good mileage poppy and LMH.

Loved the zizi artwork, Benjy.

OH: loving the cape Wrath narrative :+1:

Gorgeous pic, Don.

Sorry to hear calf is still troubling  you, Ale.

We're walking loads inbetween hubby's therapy sessions and I'm running 3-6 miles every day. I quite enjoy the undulating terrain around here. Impressed how fast those old legs can turn on a decent downhill section :)

What: 2 miles walked and 3 miles run. Planning another walk before  or after dinner.
    Why: making the most of it
    Last hard: the steep climb at the beginning of each run
    Last rest: Thursday
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ha Xarelto aka Rivaroxaban...more powerful than Warfarin...was on since pre-Chrimbo until last month. Not my favourite medication and unfortunately did not help SVT Chicksta but did ensure no hiccoughs pre and post op. Nice to see you are still churning some miles and hubby out walking. 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Benjy  I am in 111.22 miles and the most for any month this year at this stage in a month.

I hope the ankle turns out okay for run tomorrow. Great work on popmaster .yesterday..

SC South Wales was were the most was this morning. I hope tapering going well:-) 

Chicksta  glad you and happy having a good time with his recovery program.

Dustin top work pacing daughter in her first half marathon let's hope she gets the running bug.

We no great weather to be out on your bike.

Lmh Great job on your long run today;-) 

Oh good luck today.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    8.5k tapered through treacle :-( Feeling yuk. Legs like lead. May miss club tonight and possibly day off tomorrow. Haven't felt like this in a long, long time. 
  • I hope that a bit of rest cures whatever ails you SC.
  • The top dog appears not to have been fully decided after all; a number were observed to mass together attempting to manoeuvre themselves into the dog position this afternoon. It is not known whether the identity of the top dog has changed.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    More enjoyable race today (4.8mile Xcountry)
    Hoka sole come to pieces yesterday after less than 100 miles (but more than 12 months since purchase) :'(
  • I'd still contact them and complain OH. Glad you enjoyed your race.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good, tough session at the club tonight.  7 x 3 mins fast, 2 mins recovery.  Covered about 0.55 miles each rep, on grass.  

Legs tiring ing with the double days but still feeling good. 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Tough set of Pavlovs tonight and now shattered so def rest tomorrow
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale - yes you probably could.... no running last night as was too busy cheering and screaming at the cottage - great night out with Jnr.

4.5m on the treadmill and taper madness is striking with phantom injuries already.... not aided by Mr Bumps antics o Sunday mind you.

Take care all