How do you carry your phone during your run?

Answers

• I use a gym sack, which is cheaper and more convenient than a belt. I could also stick my keys in and a hoodie, if it gets cold or wet. Plus the gym sack is a good alternative to a weighted vest.
  • Waist pack for me with a few gels and cash. Only carry my phone when doing events though
  • Honestly I don't take it from the home. Because my trouser has no pockets.
  • > @b3nb123 said:
    > I did switch to a running belt, but most of the time I want to carry a few gels, and there's not a lot of room for a phone! Also, hard to get the phone out to change tracks, get a photo etc!

That's exactly the trouble I have at the moment, I don't know what to do with my phone because I can be fussy on the day with music tracks. At the moment I'm carrying my phone, which isn't ideal.
  • Leave the headphones at home and run without music. No fuss. Much nicer !
  • I'm a bit old school . Never take a phone on runs , I'm training ffs not going out for a chat . I get the safety aspect of it if running in remote areas etc but in 30 odd yes of running I've had 1 occasion where it would've been useful to me so I'll take those odds. As for listening to music whilst running don't get me started. For training ok if you want but should never be allowed in races , for me dealing with the monotonous boredom of mile after mile without outside stimulus is part of what us crazy distance runners are meant to deal with
  • How about one of these, then you can listen to music, phone friends, listen to music, order online,olisten to music, take selfies, listen to music, etc. <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Livestream-Gear-LS-Chest-Chest-Gooseneck/dp/B00VGJKM4I">https://www.amazon.com/Livestream-Gear-LS-Chest-Chest-Gooseneck/dp/B00VGJKM4I</a>; then after a couple of hours leaning by the front gate, call it a day and go back in to shower.
  • I use my Garmin 235 to track my runs, but i do take my phone (just in case needed). I'll hold it in hand on a short run but then put it in a waist/bum bag on longer runs.
    Mosr Recent Event: Swansea Half Marathon June 24th 2018
    Current Shoe: Saucony Guide 9 & 10
  • espenhbespenhb ✭✭✭
    Depends on the run. Short one? I'll hold it in my hand with a small plastic bag covering it. Running to work? I'll put it in my backpack with the rest of the stuff I need to carry with me running to work. Longer one? Then I'm carrying a belt with a few flasks anyways, and the one I got has a small pocket where keys and the phone fits.

I like having something to listen to while running. Be it a podcast or music. Not so much for the intensity-stuff, more for the long steady miles. Come to think about it; I like having something to listen to all the time, be it at home, work or while working out.
  • Small expandable waist belt!
  • Zip up pocket in shorts (see zip off North face walking trousers).
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    In my shorts, fits in the key pouch you usually get on all shorts - but then its a tiny Samsung clam circa 1999 - I can make phone calls on it but FA else - Isn't that the main purpose? :/
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Don't bother on day to day runs, but if I'm doing a bit of Parkrun tourism, I put my keys and phone in a Spibelt.
  • Is there watch that works with nikerunning and spotify so a mobile isnt needed ? (new) 
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    Elmo007 said:
    Is there watch that works with nikerunning and spotify so a mobile isnt needed ? (new) 
    Nope. That's some next-gen shizzle.
  • I started with an "old fashioned" bumbag but I find it annoying as it doesn't stay in place and things shake about in it. I mostly use a running belt which is flat all the way round and zips up, it has one compartment for keys and a bigger zip up one for a phone. It's not waterproof but so far my phone has been fine sweat wise, I use a zip lock bag for my phone when it rains. It is a bit fiddly to take my phone out / put it back in when I'm running but I don't do that very often.

I don't listen to music or call people but I track my runs on Strava and can't do that without my phone.
  • I don't like belts that clip on because they bounce up and down. I like the elasticated ones you step into. They feel snug and there's also room to carry keys and a couple of gels.
  • I find that belts + phones = chaffing - maybe its just me! OK on a short run
    I used to use a quad lock - expensive but worth it.

I now have an Apple Watch and don't need to take my phone with me - much better!
  • Higher state shorts have a zip pocket on the back which is just big enough for an iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy A40 size phone )or smaller of course!). Works well and doesn't bounce about as long as the drawcord is done up properly.
  • I just hold mine, I have a ring holder stuck to the back of the case on my phone which makes it easier to hold.
  • Felt in love for Flipbelt. I have an iphone pro max, which is quite big and heavy, and I don't even perceive it when using flipbelt.
  • Ninety percent of the time I carry mine in an arm belt I bought from Decathlon which is really comfortable and keeps the phone dry in a torrential downpour, sometimes if the weather is really cold I'll wear my running jacket which has a zip pocket.  Invariably with my wifes job she's out most of the time when i run so I like to always carry my phone so the kids can contact me.
  • Elmo007 said:
    Is there watch that works with nikerunning and spotify so a mobile isnt needed ? (new) 

Yes, Apple Watch cellular, am sure it runs Spotify now just need some bluetooth headphones and you're good to go
  • I've just got a running belt with room for phone/gels and 2 little water bottle holders!
  • In my hand. Though I'd like to get away from taking one altogether. . .I think perhaps (as with a lot of people) I've become too obsessed with tracking my kms and the times. But just 3 years ago I didn't have a problem with just wearing a cheap watch and if you do the same route you know how far it is and even memorise the 1km markers after a short while. Plus, it's nice to get away from Wifi signals once in a while, having a tracker on you means you never every get away from those signals being on (or practically on) your body the whole day.
  • I’ve been using a Fitletic belt lately - has loops for gels etc and you can forget that you’re wearing it, which is ideal and something ive never been able to do whilst wearing an armband!
  • I tried many running belts for daily runs and for very long runs like ultra trail running. For me works only one belt Naked running waist band . I carry with this belt 2 soft flasks 0.5L, mobile phone, poles, keys, gels. Only this product is not bouncing like others. Also it has 12 sizes, so sizing is very accurate.

You can find it on eBay.
  • Never run with phone, don't like anything that attracts attention and camel pack will only ever have gels and water. Live in city so getting stuck, can just get in a cab and pay at house. But...think LiveTrack on Garmin FR235 needs me to carry it for it to work, is that right? Husband keen i use it on long runs.