Wednesday 16th May 2018-I've been down and I'm wondering why

Morning

Lyrics: I've been down and I'm wondering why

What: Rest Day
Why:  Asthma did not want to run after attack yesterday
Last hard: See above

I am hoping with a rest  day it will feel better tomorrow I did run to end of street and back again 1/4 mile.
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Dull, breezy and chilly here:-(

Sorry to hear that your asthma is being a pain Poppy.

I thought yesterday was going to be a rest day SC?

What:          short and easy
    Why:            tired/work
    Last hard:    not seeing the sun this morning
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - I think I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Welsh: Bloody hell Welsh! Really sorry to hear about the attack. That's scary stuff, hope you feel better and take it easy today. On a more positive note that is an impressive rack of miles you have chewed up there in just half a month.

Dustin: That is fantastic to hear about Leeds, I've been wondering how you and your daughter have got on. Really nice to hear and a great effort from her. I said to my eldest daughter "do you fancy doing the great north run with me when you are 18?" She said "No way", I've got 8 years to talk her round though. Great stuff a real uplifting report.

SC: Running in treacle, it's not great, I admire your determination to not let things hold you back though #5 'Indomitable Spirit'.

Wabo: Forgot to say yesterday, I like the run to pick up the car. A great way to make your streak useful!

LMH: You should replace Helen Willets on BBC weather, she tells half-truths, whereas your forecast is spot on. The weather is playing mind games.

OH: Thumbs up for today's adventure. That's rubbish 100miles and falling apart, should easily expect 600 from them.

Chicksta: Great to hear you both getting out and about active. Really good.

Not great sleep, got bitten by a spider last night before bed, picked it up to pop out of the window, two of them, one sunk its fangs in, had two little parallel 'spliters' in my skin. Was worried would have a reaction, got bitten by a tick 4 years ago and head turned to a pumpkin and joints swelled A&E job. Anyway glugged piriton and was fine had to tweeezer them out, just the outer layer of skin guess it didn't get fully in. Quite honoured as it is another experience for my bucket list, this isn't Australia you don't expect that.

What: Steady run on railway track then cliffs back to North Bay after school drop off.

Why: Get out, get active take it easy on ankle.

Lyrics: Nope. Yesterday's Ken Bruce popmaster was a poor score also, so on a bad steak now.

Have a good one today chaps, cooler weather for activity.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

sc powerful vibes to you
    oh great cape news not so great Hoka!!
    WP what miles already!
    Benjy oh blooming heck!!! Hope you are ok
    lmh take care

did 17.5 miles bike home so tough!!!

what: 1 mile to collect car again
    why left at oh
    last hard: heavy legs this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    daughter off to barts for pre op today
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Liking the car trips Wabo.
    Benjy more #3 Perseverance :-) Never been bitten by a spider, impervious to darkness and fear but.....
    LMH...enjoy the easy. Today was planned rest. Yesterday was debate about track or not. Made the right/wrong choice. Certainly got me moving and ended up just shy of 6 miles so 11+ for the day but aching today in places I did not know I could!
    Looking forward to Crime Watch report and tales of Wrath!
    What: day of Rest
    Why: I need it
    Last Hard: Last night
    Last Rest: Work in progress
    Lyrics: Should have :-)

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    SC, enjoy the day of rest, mine will be anything but! Looking after a 22 month old crazy kid this afternoon then the two of them this evening, hence the early car trip, might squeeze a couple of miles in later as well
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    WP - hoping the asthma starts to settle down
    Benjy - spider bite? really ? In England? I'm impressed!!
    SC - enjoy the rest day!

What - steady lunchtime, easy tonight (coaching)
    Why - Club set last night, pyramid set 200,400,600,800,1k...200 with 200 recoveries on longer than hoped for grass.
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - yesterday
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good session Dustin.

Rest day for me today.

Lyrics - yes! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    poppy take care - sorry to hear about the asthma
  • I'm worried that there are spiders in the UK large enough to leave discernible bits in people that can be tweezered out! Glad you're ok Benjy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Holy shit Benjy. That would scare the hell outta me. Not fond of creepy crawlies :neutral:

SC: well earned rest after yesterday's exertions.

Sorry to hear about the asthma, Poppy. I had a near miss on today's run when I swallowed a fly which caused a coughing fit and very nearly an attack. Inhaler saved me.

Nice pyramid Dustin.

OH: sorry to hear about the Hokas. I was thinking about getting some in the hope that they help protect my arthritic toe joints.

Fingers crossed for your daughter, wabo

Hope you feel less tired post run, LMH

What: 11.5 miles
    Why: fancied something longer
    Last hard: not choking on that damn fly
    Last rest: 10/5
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Little Lies, Fleetwood Mac
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Dustin: Bet you daughter is soon back for more. My teenagers are suddenly into park runs cos they can kick dad's arse, but strongly suspect that daughters don't have that level of need to win!

WP: Hope that your all well and good by tomorrow,

BB: spiders are nasty little buggers, on the plus side there is nothing deadly in the UK.

Chick: Flies aren't very tasty

OH: Sounds as if your having fun up there.

LMH: Not planning a tri just yet as that would require swimming! Have a ½M in two weeks better do some more miles then.

What: 27 miles on the bike as a time trial ( It was the Stourhead Immortal ½ IM loop) wanted to see what sort of shape I'm in... getting there is the answer.

Why: Legs way too tired to run.

Last Hard: Last nights club run across the fields, all the grass was about 18" high, will be glad when its all hay.

Last Rest: Thursday... the day my legs gave up!

Lyrics as always are a no.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Little to report!

Don't know the lyrics and am having a rest day. Back sore after yesterday's stretches/Pilates exercises; calf tender; blistered heels from walking! Other than that I'm fine!

Lots to comment on, so I won't, apart from to say I hope daughter-of-Wabo's pre-op goes to plan.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening.

Lots going on today. Quick post from me as am on holiday. No running since Sunday but averaging about 20km a day walking round Greek temples in Sicily.  Spending a lot of time avoiding scams and trying to figure out road directions but generally having a great time.

Hope all injured, bitten, etc heal soon and will report properly when back.

Have a lovely evening all.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

lots going on, apologies not getting much time to read and digest

3.25m MP run tonight... everyday getting closer....

Take care