Saturday 19th May 2018 - So sure,so sure you are

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - So sure,so sure you are

A lovely day forecast here.

Hope today isn't too tedious Alehouse.

Have a great weekend Wabo.

Hope it's not too warm for you SC - are you running the 5k today too?

Looking good for Ravenscar on Sunday Benjy.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

What:           easy miles
Why:            Toblerone cake
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:      4/5

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

Go well, OH, parkrunners and any racers!

Looks as if it will be a warm day here later. Won't see much of it I imagine if previous marker training meetings are anything to go by: all windows closed and blinds drawn so that no-one can hear or see the marking scheme (that is available on the internet anyway). Security will match that at that wedding in Windsor!

What: doubt I will manage anything

Why: see above 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good Luck all racers,Oh,SC,Benjy??
    LMH: Enjoy the cake:-)
    Ale : Good luck today!

What: 6.52 miles
    Why: All I had time for/Because I can
    Last Hard: Asthma and the heat
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Good luck with the 50! Enjoy the wedding with family. Just who will walk her down the aisle? Tune in to find out...

Don: Cracking time there sub40, especially after recent injuries coming back fighting fit

SC/OH: Hope you have good events today, race well, hope minimal issues with SVT today SC.

Welsh: Ram on path... I am so wary of those beasts when entering fields, so unpredicatble, my cousin in Ireland got seriously injured by one. Make my knees knock. Good miles again.

DD: Wheras Rhinos... good job there is a fence

Chicksta: You are are getting the miles in, hope everything is good.

Ale: What to say really? Is enjoy the marking session the right thing to say?

LMH: Toblerone cake? If that is like the homemade rocky road in our house (biscuits, chocolate, maltesers, cream eggs and virtually anything else) then it works out at about 1.2 miles a bite. Yes weather is looking good for Ravenscar tomorrow. Have just heard there has been a land slip on one section of cliffs so there will be a diversion, not sure to what extent though might be nothing of much. It won't be a PB run though, single person width tracks, up and down sea level to clifftops, hoping for just a highly enjoyable Sunday morning run for 13 miles, nice views and a non-lonesome long run (that sounds like Billy Nomates) I find long runs of 10+ not seeing folk a bit too solitary.

If you are a Wedding watcher or an FA Cup FInal watcher, cheer well today folks and enjoy the day.

What: Another gym session

Why: Move the other bits that don't have Doms already, save legs for tomorrow's ups and downs for Ravenscar half

Lyrics: Why ruin a bad streak! It's a no from me

• I quite often run the cinder path to Ravenscar and beyond when we're staying in Whitby Benjy so I know what you're up against - I'd still like to be running it with you though. Don't go overdoing it today. I think this morning's 14 miles would just about cancel out the Toblerone cake - if I didn't eat anything else all day. The ladies at the coffee shop seem to feel that I need feeding up - and their portion sizes are very generous anyway!

Is it CW marathon today? If so I hope you and Els enjoy it OH - and that it's not too warm for you, it's an absolutely beautiful day here.

Nice to see you building back up Poppy.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that couldn't care less about the wedding? Maybe coz I'm German :D society and gossip pages bore me to death...

Hope no. 50 was good, wabo

Good luck finding body parts without DOMS, Benjy

Yum, Toblerone cake - nice running incentive, LMH

Happy marking, ale

Good luck OH and SC.

What: 8 miles
    Why: nice morning for it. 16 degrees today and no wind
    Last hard: the hills don't get any easier
    Last rest: 10/5
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Automatic, Amy MacDonald
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Chick - I'm the same as you... its just another wedding... I don't know them so wont be watching it.... :-) really not fussed......

Swindon parkrun cancelled today, so it was off to Cirencester instead, 21:15, so happy with that as the course registered 3.19m on the garmin...

taper madness in full swing

Take care
  • I'm with you on the wedding/gossip/glossy magazine thing chicksta. You must be racking up some good mileage.

Why was the Swindon cancelled RFJ?
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Chick,LMH,RFJ I am so with you on this!!! I am sick to my back teeth of hearing about the Wedding! Have people nothing better to do.Also glossy mag thing as well.It seems we are  a band of 4 :-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

OH: i hope the cape treats you well
    RFJ; nice park run
    AH: hope you survive and emerge sane
    BB; enjoy the coast tomorrow
    Chick: i couldnt careless about the wedding

What: 14 miles of tough trail running done
    Why: seemed like a good idea when i set off
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 10 days

Now to watch the cup final, I’m a Chelsea fan for my sins
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Phew, glad I didn't offend anyone ;)
    I can add another 6 miles of walking to my activities.  Really nice day for it and hubby is getting stronger :+1:

Enjoy the cup final DD.

Nice parkrun RFJ
  • Good to hear that Mr C is recovering well chicksta.