Monday 21st May 2018 - You got me headed in a new direction

Morning.

Lyrics - You got me headed in a new direction

Glad you both enjoyed your races Benjy and OH.

Nice pic OH. Safe journey home.

Incident free and 1.45 is a real result SC. Pleased for you.

Another beautiful morning here. Tomorrow is forecast warm but quite breezy so I'd like to make the most of today though I'm not sure whether I'm going to cross the line asking the legs to go long again. I can always walk home - though I guess it will be too late by then!

What:           hopefully another LSR
Why:            making miles whilst the sun shines
Last hard:    not scratching the huge lump that has come up on my thigh where something bit me
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Maximum Joy by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Morning chaps,

Oh blow! I had just jotted out Monday lyrics to save you the effort this morning LMH but you beat me to it. I'll save my lyrics for future.

DOMS kicking in on instep, calves, quads and… hips. Lovely here, but thunderstorms due late afternoon, have to get out for them later, love it when the weather is doing something dramatic.

What: Bike to work and back then 5 or 6 after work
    Why: It is a moral obligation
    Lyrics: Yes
    Last Hard: That thing yesterday

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Scratch that, lyrics no, I was thinking of a different song, it doesn't start 'you got me' the one I'm thinking.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done SC for the weekend races too, great half marathon result.

Will have an easy run today after work.

Lyrics, nope!  
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good morning!
    looks like race congratulations to OH, Benjy & SC
    Well done Ale with the marshaling and the dungeon endurance on Saturday
    RFJ - shaping up well!
    What - vets track league tonight, debating 200 or 800 or 3k or triple jump (or should that be "and" not "or")
    Why - league meeting
    last rest - 12/4
    last hard - the weekend: 2 days of coaching course so classroom and outside practicals 9-5 both days. Ran home both days (~8-9 miles).
    lyric - possibly
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: may try a short run/walk later

Why: to test calf and to get a break from marking.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good morning
    Well that was fun. Picked up son at his hotel adjacent to the start line 25 minutes pre-race, joining him as he was just finishing breakfast. Kids eh! Walked out onto a throng at Albert dock to find out that there was a 5 min delay to the start. Just as well. 17 pens and we were in wave 2 post elite. We set off out towards the Liver building and then headed up towards the town hall passing one ive indie band and greeted by a Beatles look/soundalike playing from the balcony of the hall before heading past Cilla and the Cavern club. The aim was negative split with first half to be run sub 150bpm. I was glad of the shade and the company of OS. All but one of firs 11K over 5m. Run up through China town and out to Sefton Park took in the only real climbs and they aren't really tough but can catch you out. Bit of a drag with some twists and turns where you could see runners coming back before the 7 mile marker in Penny Lane where the obligatory track was on repeat. Who'd be the DJ there for hours on a day like that! Time to pick up the pace and head up to 155bpm :-) especially as it was downhill from here. Passing by the drummers it was tempting to pick up their beat but behaved. Dropped down to the prom and along by the festival gardens and all going to plan. Bit boring having to come off the prom and along the road for about a mile before cutting back to the water front and finish line/festival. There were circa 9000 doing the half and  I finished in 1.45.27. First 10k averaging 5.06 so made it all up in the second half to average dead on 5's 913/8975 and 28/257in age group. It's a really fun event as is the whole weekend. Free beer at the finish and live music on stage all day as well as all the music out on the course. I was pleased to finish in good condition on such a hot day and look forward to doing it again next year.
    What: Rest
    Why:In Bala and long drive back
    Last hard: Saturday's parkrun
    Last Rest: Happening
    Lyrics: Nope
    Great reports over the weekend and OH look forward to your next adventure.
    Ale Gest well soon. LMH enjoy LSR. Benjy: Ouch. Dustin: Multiple events surely :-)
    Don enjoy the easy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    SC that sounds a bit of m e that half!! Well done glad it went well
    Alehouse hope the calf behaves
    benjy hope the doms ease up, I hope that thunder isn't here as I haven't done my run yet! 
    lmh, enjoy your run!
    what: off road 3 later with OH
    why: he said why not
    last hard: yesterday afternoon
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • That sounds like a great day out SC.

Hope you have a nice run with your OH Wabo.

It has to be an and surely Dustin? Enjoy your multi-eventing later.

Another beautiful day here and my lovely legs allowed me to make the most of it. Forecast warm again tomorrow but with the wind picking up.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon

Good work by OH, SC, BB.

Dustin: I'm envious I like track nights, good luck with whatever you choose.

LMH: I will probably be doing the half at Yeovil dependent on how the Poole half goes the week before, but Yeovilton is flat, so tempting

What: I went and got wet for the first time in two years, slowish but soon found myself back in the groove and sub consciously correcting my stroke and kick.

Why: Cheap rate for the over 55 session, it struck me just how unfit the older population are in general. When I'm the fastest swimmer in the pool and the only person swimming laps longer than 50m the rest of the swimmers have to be not very fit.

Last Hard: Yesterday

Last rest: 09/05

Lyrics: Not a hope
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Tee hee, that sounds a bit like me in a pool, DD. I'm always surprised that there are people (well, obe or two) who swim even slower and shitter than me :D

Loved the reports, OH, Benjy and SC. And nice outcome on all accounts.

LMH: you are right about stretching. I have been neglecting my stretching routine a bit so I paid the price. Gonna do better going forward.

Enjoy your run with other half, wabo

What: 3 miles walked and 6 run
    Why: knee was behaving. Ran the uphills hard and the downhills easy which helped
    Last hard: hills
    Last rest: yesterday although we walked a fair bit
    Lyrics: yes
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,
    I thought I had posted !
    Great race reports OH, Benjy and SC so glad you all had positive races especially in the heat!

What: 7.1 miles early this morning
    Why: All my legs fancied running this morning
    Last hard: How tired legs felt this morning
    Lyrics Nope but should have got yesterday's
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DD - I guess thoughts of a return to tri are getting stronger then? Whilst I was never a good swimmer I was also surprised by how quickly a good stroke came back to me when I did get back in the pool, a shame my shoulder will never allow me to be even as mediocre as I was before. Closing date for Yeovil is 1st June I think. Mark is doing the half - I'm going to see if I can catch him before the finish:-)

I need to keep on top of stretching my quads especially chicksta. I've taken to doing it whilst boiling the kettle, cleaning my teeth etc.

A Frankie fan Poppy?
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    My son was a massive fan of Frankie so They were always been played:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: a run and walk, of which 2k was gently run

Why: to test the calf. That passed. Won't comment on the rest of me.

Back to the marking!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    cracking racing OH / Benjy / SC and reports

sounds like you are enjoying the weather LMH :-)

missed club tonight due to work, so did a very easy 2.75m on the treadmill.... bottling it all up for Sunday

2 days left of work :-) till leave time :-)

Take care