Thursday 24th May 2018 - Now I never meant

Morning.

Lyrics - Now I never meant

To do you wrong

Sounds hectic emzap! Should I be worrying that my invitation hasn't arrived yet? 
:) 

Hope you have an enjoyable and incident free run SC.

Happy holidays and I hope you enjoy Edinburgh RFJ.

Have you got your rain Poppy? We are forecast a day of it tomorrow. This morning is grey, chilly and breezy.

Hope you managed to get out Alehouse.

What:           hopefully a MLR if not a LSR/doctors
Why:            last ditch training/B12 jab
Last hard:    these three weeks of training for Yeovil haven't been as easy as I'd like
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Heart Of A Girl by The Killers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good luck RFJ!
    What - easy / nothing
    Why - jaded
    last rest - 12/05
    last hard - Tuesday

Heavy rain, but very muggy here, good for the garden...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Think I know the lyrics...and if not mistaken a topic discussed in the alehouse last night!

Working today for a rest from marking!

What: fitness suite plus short run

Why: Thursday's new routine, hopefully

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I bet you'll end up with the easy Dustin.

Enjoy the run Alehouse.

Just warming up after Grace's walk and will then get out for my run. I think I should go for the LSR and make it my last one before tapering - assuming the legs are willing. I shall take it easy, aim for Forrest Gump pace and hopefully just get it doen.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the GDPR clarification, SC. I guess if I keep ignoring the present flood of emails asking me to opt in my inbox will be a lot leaner going forward. Good luck racing.

Sounds hectic, Em. Take it easy. There's enough time for bigger miles after the wedding.

Safe travels, RFJ.

Hope the runs go well LMH and ale

What: 7 miles before breakfast
    Why: avoiding the heat (it was 18 degrees at 6am)
    Last hard: getting out of bed and running without the help of caffeine (brekkie starts at 7:15)
    Last rest: 10/5
    Lyrics: I think so
  • What maybe short run
    Off again tomorrow to Skye.
    Last hard Saturday
    Last rest Tuesday
    Lyrics no

Hope all goes well for Sunday RFJ. Not sure whether sunscreen or thermals will be required - haar thick on East coast today.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    RFJ: Hope Edinburgh goes well, a friend did it a couple of years ago said it is a good one.
    Emz: What a jaunt!

Feeling rough today, wasn't feeling too clever yesterday, paracetamol hit should see it out, not sure whether it is a Summer(ish) cold, too much pollen even though I don't normally suffer hay fever or just knackered. Thought DOMS had gone yesterday, walking like a dandy around the kitchen DOMS free feeling great but then 'skipping' down the steep steps on cliff paths, "ow! ow! ow!".

Only did an 8 yesterday was intending 10, but felt run down. Going to be less today.

What: 10:30AM run down to North Bay, 7 maybe 6 maybe even 5 more likely 6

Why: Whatever feels right but breaks the day up from working at home

Lyrics: What is going on? (sang Marvin), I got 27 points in Popmaster last week, but not getting any of these, it has to be post-2008. Realised the other day majority of my music has little updates in last ten years.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    2 hours of online GDPR mandatory 'learning' 
    I need a run after that.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Dustin: Are you having a rest day....THUD you need more cake;-)

LMH: No rain as yet but it has gone dark.....goes out  to do rain dance:-)

What: 9.1 miles
    Why: Because I can/ also B12 jab day so time was short
    Last hard: Sleeping in the heat
    Lyrics: No I don't think so

That was a nice run a little different added on and an extra path in the gardens.I did  not see a soul well it was 5am;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    WP: How do you get up that early? You too Chicksta! All those miles before breakfast. Oh wait...I used to do that :-)
    RFJ enjoy Embra. We can groan in unison Dustin. AOH enjoy Skye
    LMH...taper early. Dustin...do what feels right. Steady on the run Ale. Benjy...make your mind up man :-)
    Achilles is niggling but I'll man up and 
    What: Fountain Five off road race tonight
    Why: Club race and free beer at the finish
    Last hard: Yesterday in the heat (No chance of that today!)
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Believe so
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    busy busy trying to clear my work before heading to Cornwall tomorrow morning!
    SC my daughter had a svt incident lasted quite a while this morning so I think the procedure will go ahead 4/6
    enjoy tonight's race!
    WP sounds like a heavenly run!
    Dustin oh this gdpr I know what you mean!!
    benjy, hope you feel ok after run!
    OH enjoy the run and skye
    chick hope the early run was good
    lmh hope the mlr or lsr was great

what: mile d&d before work, trying to fit a bit more in later then yoga
    why: I believe I am squeezing a toothpaste?
    last hard: this morning I parked on the edge of the A406 then jogeed up round some lovely residential roads!
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Ill try to pop in whilst in Cornwall and I'll 100% do at least one eden p park run!!
    Keep well all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Where is this hear you are all talking about? I needed a long sleeved top for my run. I'd much rather it was hot (don't quote me on that when Yeovil hits the high 20s on the 10th June).

I thought it would be a run Dustin.

SC - watch that achilles!

I think I'd invest in a travel kettle chicksta  :) Having said that I do tend to run before coffee when we're on holiday as it fills the time between me getting up and Mark eventually rising and means that we still have breakfast together.

I hope you get your rain Poppy - and keep it away from me - we are forecast a day of it tomorrow.

Take it easy Benjy. No point in pushing things if you aren't feeling great. Unfortunately it's quite possible to develop hay fever at any time so it might be worth trying an antihistamine and seeing if it helps.

Is it an early start tomorrow OH?

I had a much better than expected run so did my last LSR. No more than 16 miles in one go between now and Yeovil.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    WP - quite right - 2 pain au chocolat and half a pack of hobnobs set me up for a brisk 4 miler...
    Wabo - happy holidays!
    LmH - nice miles, I was tempted by Yeovil but it's the marathon our club host the following week (I'm again 'jogging round ~4h)
  • If you're just planning a jog round your club's race you'd be fine for Yeovil Dustin  :)
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

RFJ: enjoy Edinburgh
    SC: good luck tonight
    Wabo: have fun in Cornwall, the park run at llanhydrock is good to.
    WP: the days when i ran at 0500 are gone, but I do remember loving the solitude. Good on you.
    Dustin; Come to Yeovil, im 90% for the half.

What: 1.3k swim done (i know), club speed work tonight
    Why: the call of Triathlon is strong
    Last Hard: last nights bike TT, my bike speed has really started to come good lately, mainly due to weight loss no doubt.
    Last rest: 9/05

Lyrics: TBH I never really give them much thought, but its another no for me.
  • That's twice in one week isn't it DD? You went very quickly from 'no' to 'when'!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: I thought of bringing one but this is a clinic where different rules apply and they say kettles pose a fire hazard, so their use is prohibited.

I love those early morning runs, especially at this time of year. it's a different story when it's pitch black, windy and cold. Luckily there's the gym treadmill for winter training. 

Hope the Fountain Five went well and free of incidents, SC.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    What: 30 min core
    Why: apparently it's good for me
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh you are all virtually invited of course :tongue:

Dustin you make me laugh!

How much longer are you away for chick?

Have a lovely evening all