Options

Saturday 26th May 2018 - People tell me love's for fools

Morning.

Lyrics - People tell me love's for fools

Our 13th wedding anniversary today - Mark forgot to buy a card.............

What:            hopefully a MLR
Why:             it's a taper not a rest
Last hard:     being told Mark had forgotten
Last rest:       4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Outrageous by Cher.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary LMH! Hope Mark is not 'in the doghouse' for forgetting the card.  

Rest day today as racing tomorrow.

Benjy, I have so many clubmates who train at sub 6 pace and race at sub 5.  I know I'll never get to their standard but I love seeing their runs on Strava.  I do like to go out and beat their segment records though - they might be jogging and me sprinting but the tables dont lie!!! Haha any victory is a good one.  Keep plugging away - when things arent feeling good on the running front for me I remember last August when I was 15 and a half stone and raced 48 mins for 10K.  Already 10 minutes faster.  It all comes with hard work, patience and perseverance.  And LMH is right, just enjoy it!! 
  • Options
    DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

BB: of course I was quicker than last week on the bike, theres always more to give!

LMH: Yeovil marathon is actualy in Yeovilton which is where the RN airfield is, like most airfields its flat! Sat in the middle of a marsh. So the marathon course is as flat as it can be in Somerset, quiet country lanes which though quiet are not traffic free, two laps so you can pass slow people like me

Don: Im making the same journey from fat to running weight, not there yet but as you say hard work will pay off. Its a journey worth making.

What: Yeovil park run, 5k of X country around Montecute House which is fqr from flat, my favourite park run. A course PB by two minutes, the hard work is working.

Why: No other race this weekend

Last Hard: Yesterday thumping up Bruton hill on the bike

Last rest : 09/05

Lyrics; why ask

Have a great weekend all
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

LMH: can't possibly comment!

What: 6k including a progressive parkrun

Why: the week's long run! Around 26:20 passing people most of the way after 1k. parkrun number 96. 

That is good progress since last August Don! Hoping for similar progress here!

Spine consultant report: looked at previous MRI scan and didn't feel that it covered a large enough area so is organising both MRI and CT scans, plus more blood tests. Very thorough, as I expected: the guy is the clinical lead for the north-west spinal unit. Literally a top man!

My life changed 31 years ago today: eldest son was born! Out for a meal with him later.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Glad you have a good consultant Alehouse. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the scans and results. Happy Birthday to number one son. Hope you have a lovely evening out. Nice running.

No point Donaldo - I can't make him un-forget it.

Thanks DD - sounds as though wind could be an issue? I doubt very much you'll be slow enough for me to catch!

I'm not sure why - but I'm certainly not complaining - a much speedier than expected 14 miles this morning to end my last big week.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oops, LMH. Hope he was suitably embarrassed by his faux pas and takes you out for a nice meal.

We spent our 20th anniversary here in the clinic with hubby wired to a 24 hr ECG :D    very romantic.

Impressive progress Don.

Love your dedication DD.

We're going home tomorrow. I'm happy how strong hubby feels and what an amazing recovery he's made. Doc said he can live beyond 100 provided he's not  being knocked down by a bus ;)
    I had some counseling and attended a seminar for relatives yesterday which helped me get over the trauma. We're both looking ahead. Back to work on Monday, yay.

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hm, that just posted automatically. I wasn't quite done yet.

Happy birthday to your son, ale. And it sounds like you are in good hands at the spine consultant.

What: final 7 mile blast on the hills
    Why: when in Rome ...
    Last hard: seeing how quickly time flies by
    Last rest: 10/5
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Wow - those three weeks have passed quickly chicksta. Really pleased Mr chicksta has been pronounced so well and that you're feeling better for the stay too. Unfortunately Mark told me that he decided not to go and buy me some flowers whilst I was out doing the shopping this morning as he didn't want to upset the dog.................no meal out tonight either, we have a friend coming to stay for the weekend. I shall be cooking tonight as usual though the friend wants to go out to the Indian tomorrow. I think the anniversary had best be forgotten by then.
  • Options
    BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Don: Cheers for advice, when I run with somebody else, I can do good pace, doing the half last weekend when on the brief instances of flat was getting 6:40 on the Garmin, I guess I need to get a running partner for some runs to improve pace. Like you and LMH say, it is enjoying it though that is paramount, that is first and foremost for me, the reason for running in the first place (12 years ago now) was to maintain weight and get out and about. I was a lost 3 stone cause also. Only been doing events in the last 4 years, where pace begins to mean something.

DD: Good man! Tiptop!

Ale: 6K is massive leap on the last few months, really good to hear things are progressing, have a good one this evening.

Chicksta: That's fantastic news. Really good things are normalised for both of you.

LMH: In mitigation he didn't forget, as every day is an anniversary. That is the automatic response I manage around lunchtime on every 1st September.

What: Gym session this morning, out tonight to get blind drunk, an ABBA tribute act on here. I'm imagining a Phoenix Nights evening.

Why: Needed my gym fix

Lyrics: Yes!

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope RFJ is as happy tomorrow after his marathon as he is now! Well done Fulham!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.