Sunday 27th May 2018 - Won't you come see about me?

Morning.

Lyrics - Won't you come see about me?

Hope today's racers go well. A wet and dull start here but due to dry up shortly.

You seem to go out with the aim of getting drunk quite often Benjy! You'd be six stone wet through without that I reckon and a real racing snake 
:) Could you look at joining a running club who have a coached session once a week if you really want to do speed sessions?

What I manage today will depend on my guest but there will definitely be some running involved once everyone else is up, about and fed.

What:           probably easy miles
Why:            working round hostess duties
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - It's So Easy by Buddy Holly.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy the easy miles today LMH!

What: 8.15 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Feeling ill yesterday so no run:-(
    Lyrics;I do believe it is a yes from me:-)

I felt so awful yesterday but dosed up and felt a lot better so I could go and run this morning.
    Council workers out at 5am clearing up after the Radio one big weekend  concert last night, not sure if it is on again today.But I imagine so as so security guards arrive for work about 10 of them as I was running around WNP -one of the fields use as carpark.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Easy does it LMH. Glad you can get out Poppy. Yes it is on again today. Are you doing Swansea half or 10k this year.? I'll be down for both.
    Last few days a blur for lots of reasons.
    Fountain 5 top half finish but 44.07 so not brilliant. Given the undulates could only run to safe HR on the ups and that meant speed walking at best on some. Rethink of entries methinks
    Friday spent clearing the parkrun course and cutting back/coppicing/pollarding. Rewarded with 22.20 and over 700% age grade for first time this year.
    What: 10k
    Why: Entered Treforest 10
    Last hard: Thursday (Was v.hard)
    Last Rest: Friday:
    Lyrics: Nope
    Soggy weekend so far but hope it'll dry up by 10.30. Must dash 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    SC: Well done on your safe finish of your 5 miler! Also parkrun.
    Good luck today at  Treforest I was going to run that one but forgot about it.I am not running Swansea half but will be running the Swansea 10k in September.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Great that you were able to get over whatever it was so quickly Poppy.

Someone once told me that I couldn't just run flat races SC - I have no idea why not! That's a pretty decdent time to say that you had to walk some of the ups. Hope you had a good one today.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

AH: Good to see you back running

Chick: Good news re Mr C

LMH: You should do what my wife did, there is a poster with the Lat, Long and date of our wedding hanging right in my line of sight when I'm working at the dining table, I Never forget! The lanes at Yeovil have some pretty big hedges so wind shouldn't be an issue.

SC: 700% Age grading.... very impressive! (so is 70%!)

What: 9 miles with 8 miles at 1/2M pace.
    Why: Its a very long time since I had tried that and I have Poole 1/2M next week, wanted to see what was reasonable
    Last Hard: Today, went out too hard, I seem to have lost my feel for pace in my three year Hiatus. So did 8 miles at closer to 10K pace, which is still bloody slow but take away the heat add in a couple of club mates and sub 2 is feasible, I would be happy enough with that off two months training.
    Last Rest: 09/05

Lyrics: Nope
  • You should be around the same pace as Mark then DD. Not sure that it's going to be much less warm though - no way of predicting the English weather at this time of year, we could get anything.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Back home :)

Loads to do now and back in work tomorrow :neutral:

No running today. Will post longer tomorrow :)

Hope Edinburgh went well, Don.

Glad your 5 miler and parkrun went well, SC.

I think I know those lyrics.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Ho hum. Curates egg of a day. Who let his HRM lock just before the start and so had to set off without Sat reception? Still - not to worry. Easy first click then a downhill and picked up a wee bit of speed. Then came three undulating k's. If that's undulating I'd hate to see hilly. Kept under 160bpm because I have now learned to listen to my cardio :-) Halfway came and then it was flat and downhill so could pick up a bit more pace to compensate for the last lumpy bits. All going well until about 50 to go and Mr SVT decided to make an appearance. Goodness gracious - I thought - that's a tad inconvenient. Crossed the line and quickly found somewhere to drop. A few minutes later and back under control picked up club buddy who had romped home in the 50 category in 1st with 38.54...not shabby. I ended 84/350 and 20th in same category with 46.28. I'll take that after yesterday even with the hiccough at the end. Beats the hell out of the alternative
  • You do like to live dangerously SC! Glad you're ok and agree totally, beats the alternative.

Hope you can catch up with yourself ok chicksta. Bank Holiday here tomorrow.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya, 
    I suspect RFJ will be pleased on both running and football fronts!
    SC - nice run
    Happy (belated) anniversaries LmH & Chick - was my 21st on Thursday.
    What - 11 steady trail
    why - mileage
    last rest - 12/05
    last hard - yesterday (12 miles on the hills)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

Very hot but blustery here all day, as was yesterday: 26/27 degrees. Clouding over now. Not that it has made much difference to me as been marking all day. Did manage a short run though.

Well done, SC, and look forward to hearing from Don and RFJ, and any other racers.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I wish it were that warm here Alehouse, not awful but not that nice. Glad you managed to get out and enjoy it if only for a short while.

Obviously a popular time of year for weddings. Did you do anything to celebrate Dustin?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

well done SC great racing and nice podium in Cat.

Yes very happy with the footy, watched on the laptop as not many pubs up here were showing it.....

So today, as you know, this was all about stripping back the time due to work / commute etc..... however my plan was to run heavy miles at the weekends, with loads of doubles and trebles...... well I am pleased to say that with only 2 actual runs over 20m but quite a few that added up to or a little below - WORKED :-)

No Falls, No Walls and strong all the way :-)

A quick start as down hill early on and had to check the pace m1 was the only mile with a 7 (7:56) in it..... once I got going, I was rolling nicely and got to half way in just around 1:49 ish.... felt good and was running within myself.... I had to slow down at 18-19 I think as went through a private est with gravel paths (my favourite surface for falling) slowed to a 8:53 here, and that would be my slowest mile.... again no walls, or pains other than a big toe blister, strong push for the line, lapping up the crowd.... 3:43:34, very happy with the outcome, have rehydrated nicely, with pizza and cider.... :-)

Take care all  
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ and SC.  

RFJ, I thought it would be brutal in Edinburgh today as 40miles away here in Dunblane it was ridiculously hot.  I hear you ‘benefited’ from a haar but I might have preferred the heat!

Hot race in Dunblane but on my training grounds and past my school and my home.  Local knowledge played a big part.  

Set off at 13:00, too late for racing!  Took it easy for the first few uphill miles and battling against a strong breeze.  Was in about 17th place after 3.5 miles, after getting a massive cheer as I went by the school and a wee drink as I went past my house.  4 miles in just under 26 mins, but had saved a fair bit, unlike some nearby competitors.  Started pushing it with the wind behind and the sun in my face, up the hilly section and overtaking a few runners, feeling good.  Kept pushing with the last 3.5 miles in 21:08 to finish to 47:08 or so, 12th position.   Incredibly, showing the quality of older athletes up here at the moment, was only 7th V40.  

Lovely run, a few Strava PRs and I’ll be back next year.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Don, was a misty start - the sun must have been around as have a wicked vest tan that may hurt more in the morning. conditions were nigh on perfect for me. great racing too, well done Don.

I Lied there was a 2nd mile with a 7:54 in in mile 8.... all good though :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ and Don! Great running!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.