Monday 28th May 2018 - Lord God Almighty let me tell the news

Morning.

Lyrics - Lord God Almighty let me tell the news

That is a quality age category you're running in Donaldo! Well done.

I'm glad you had an enjoyable, incident free race RFJ.

Forecast to be warm here today and the wind has dropped which is nice. Once the boys have got up and we've walked Grace I shall get out for my run. I'm tired, my throat is sore and my legs feel heavy - taper already?

What:           hopefully a MLR
Why:            it's all downhill miles wise from here
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Great races Don  and RFJ and great news on no falls:-)

What: 10.42 miles
    Why: Because I can:-)
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics:No Nil points today 

I am really please to run a double digit run I added different paths  and felt very strong on the hills-yay
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Don/RFJ/SC: Good going there chaps, I heard Scotland was hot, so double effort there. Good to see no recurring problems SC, I'm sure that was a relief.

LMH: Hope you get you LMR in today, nice weather here, imagine it is warmer further inland. Regarding joining a club, thought about that often but I can't commit to specific times, with daughters activities and everything else that goes on, Tues Tkd is a struggle. That's why I squeeze my runs in around work patterns. I might see if I can find somebody in similar scenario for ad hoc training.

Good miles Welsh, the month end approaching, I imagine it is going to be a big total.

Bad hangover yesterday after getting in 3AM Saturday night/Sunday morning, then a friends birthday BBQ yesterday. So this morning was right, got to run the weekend decadence off. Needed some brutal hills so went north to Cloughton and cliffs back and some detours after that. Cliff top tracks were uneven and dried like stone for a decent hard 9 miles. Trip to Dalby forest this afternoon for stream paddling with my girls and friends son. (week off this week).

What: Hard 9

Why: Needed to sweat

Lyrics: No, but am really curious to find out!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Quiet!

Another hot and sunny day! Had rain for an hour or so around 8 yesterday evening but otherwise it has been hot...not that I have noticed! Marking inside in the cool since 7:30. Need a break!

What: short run/walk this pm

Why: getting back to things slowly. Very slowly!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

SC: you like to run on the edge

RFJ: Good effort sir

Don: Your quick

WP: Good Miles

BB: Hangover? can do without them, the one blessing of age... wisdom!

LMH: Maybe time to back off

AH: Leave the marking alone for an hour

What: 2 hours on the bike out around Stourhead and Longleat, plenty of tourists at our stately homes today but the ones in between were empty.
    Why: Tis Monday, I cycle on Mondays
    Last Hard: yesterday

Lyrics: One day
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Don't like being back at work :(
    It was so much nicer to have no worries and being looked after... Slept really badly too in anticipation and also due to thunder/lightning in the wee hours of the morning. Plans was to get up early and get an MLR in, but weather put paid to that. I have a huge respect for thunderstorms.

Very good racing efforts both of you Don and RFJ. Ouch re. vest tan ...

WP: You're really putting the big miles in. What's your next race?

SC: Scary!!

Taper time, LMH. Take it easy.

ale: hope you get a break.

Benjy: glutton for punishment :)

What: 7 miles
    Why: all I had time for
    Last hard: sleeping and returning to work
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

• I am DD - I think that's part of the problem, I don't tend to feel good in the first week of the taper.

I feel your pain chicksta, it's bad enough going back after a week off.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Well raced Don & RFJ
    LmH - went local (pub) on our wedding anniversary but we've got a reservation at a decent restaurant this Friday and out with friends (one of whom turned 50 earlier this month) on Saturday. Could be a heavy weekend...
    what - 10 easy over the fields
    why - muggy and bright and a day off
    last rest - 12/05
    last hard - Saturday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Cheers folks.
    Up early this morning for a 3.5 jog to get the car after having a few pints with the Dunblane Runners last night - very social club.  They raised over £4000 in the race and donated it to the Dunblane Centre, built in memory of the kids.  A very generous club too.  ?

Another 5.3 miles tonight in scorching heat.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • Sorry for the unrelated post don't know how to make my own thread on following topic regarding Altitude training.
    If i have been living and training at high altitude say 2-3000m for a number of months and my race is at sea level. Should i go down (live/train) to sea level 2-3 weeks prior to the race to readjust for speed track work say and will i still retain the training effect of altitude-training or would the previous months altitude training have been diminished after a few weeks of soley being at sea level again?. If that is the case should i still be staying at high attitude until a few days before the race at sea level? Bit of a chicken and egg question. Hope it isn't too confusing, would be interested to know what you guys think. Many thanks
  • 'scuse me I'm a beginner.

Does running a marathon involve putting your trainers on?

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening Blisters! Good to see you! Where have you been etc etc ?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.