Wednesday, 30 May 2018 - Grab your coat and get your hat

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning

Today's let's are Grab your coat and get your hat

Yesterday's were Sunny Days, Vaya con Dios

More hot weather here. Hope my stomach let's me run. Feeling better than I did yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning Chick

Just on my  way out will post  when i\  get  back from run .I hope your tum is okay today!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope your stomach has settled chicksta - grey and wet start here.

Hope you've had a good run Poppy.

My ankle wasn't happy yesterday evening but some ibuprofen, massage and magic cream seem to have settled it overnight. I will see how it feels after walking Grace but hope to be able to run on it.

What:         hopefully short and easy/gym
    Why:          ankle feels ok/only half a day of work
    Last hard:  tapering
    Last rest:   4/5

Lyrics - familiar but no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes! 

Hope ankle/stomach are ok for those to whom it applies!

Anything planned for Friday, Emz?

What: short and easy run at some stage, probably with some walking thrown in

Why: building back slowly

No rain here as yet...but just seen the forecast which is for thunderstorms this pm, so my plans may change.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    It was horizontal rain all day in London, got home, and it was dry and muggy, not a drop all day apparently. It hit North Hampshire around mid evening and was still going strong at 4am.
    Fortunately it had stopped when I left the house. London very grey again though.

What - easy run & coaching
    why - showers out of action in the gym so will postpone running until tonight
    last rest - 12/05
    last hard - pyramids last night. Muggy as hell, wring out the vest weather afterwards.
    lyric -yep

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Glad it is a bit better, fingers crossed indeed.

LMH: That's rough going and a lot of medicinal compounds there. Hope it plays well for you today.

Welsh: Hmm... well your out at the moment. I'm going to factor in the time, the weather, mid-week, I'm going 2/1 odds you do 8.31, no 7/2 odds, fairly confident but it could go either way by 1.22 miles.

Ale: Hope you manage to avoid the storms and get out today

SC: Sounds like great training chances there. "I'm well jello" as the kids say.

Forecast says we just might be in the clear for the insane rain levels other parts of the country are getting. Feeling very sorry for the folks that are getting it bad, not surprised by the flooding as the ground here is solid on tracks and trails, if it does get to us there will be flash flooding for sure with our hills.

What: 7 miler at lunchtime

Why: It is a run day for sure

Lyrics: I don't believe it, it finally is a yes. I must sit down a moment.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Benjy: Did you sit and enjoy the  moment with the lyrics:-) You were close  with my miles:-)

SC: Enjoy your holiday and runs in prep for Swansea:-)

LMH: I hope ankle behaves for you to run on it.

No rain here due in at 9am

What: 10.75 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics Yes

I have added the park they used for the Radio one concert at weekend last time i ran through Singleton Park was 12 years ago as it was my normal running route to work and back home again.It was great hilly but I enjoyed it I feel it will become part of my long runs:-) Still parts of Park that was used for concert boarded off and fenced off and big tents still up and portaloo's still in place.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope stomachs and niggles are now good

What: will hammer the bike tonight
    Why: its Wednesday
    Last hard: hammering it up the hill on “social” club run last night, when is a club run social?

My best mate from Dubai ran a 36- 54 10k last night, hes 58..... I need to up my game. Funny how competition drives some (me) and for others its just not an issue, good job were all different.
  • My ankle felt fine walking Grace. I'm aware of it but no pain so I went out for my short and easy - and was soaked through by the time I got home. The drizzle had stopped and no further rain as forecast when I walked Grace but the Met are now saying that it's set in until at least midday.

Hope you don't get the rain Benjy.

Big miles Poppy!

Are you still marking Alehouse?

It would be a very boring world if we were all the same DD.

A pain about the showers at the gym Dustin.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, marking is full on, LMH. Deadline day June 7th. Just taking a break for popmaster!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Polishes and cleans bench for incoming forumites and replenishes loo roll and dioralyte for the needy. Sets up massage table for long runners such as WP and those with niggles. Can't believe Dustin is doing easy and DD@s mate stuck in a sub 37 at 58....I couldn't do that at 37! BB enjoy lunchtime.
    What: Not a lot
    Why: Bala today instead of yesterday and farewell drinks for friend moving to Devon tonight
    Last hard: Speedwork last night
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Nope

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

SC: You make me laugh ;)

DD: That's one hell of a fast guy. Good job it spurs you on. I'm in the "wow I'm impressed but that ain't for me" camp :)

Poppy: nice run. You beat me by 0.75 ;)

Glad the ankle is better, LMH.

What: 10 miles
    Why: get my ass in gear for Berlin
    Last hard: that was. Not eating yesterday didn't help my energy levels. Plus I got a stitch just as I turned back after 5 miles. 'twas a slow and painful shuffle back.
    Last rest: Sunday

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Club session last night was good, 2 sets of 8 x minute fast, minute jog.  Most fast minutes were at 5 minute mile pace, needed to walk some recoveries as a result.

DD, I'm the same with competition and how others are doing - I like aim for clubmates and take their scalp one by one!  Kinda reached my limit now I think so its all about staying ahead of ones I recently beat.

Lyrics, nope! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Afternoon!

What: 4k largely off road (cinder paths, Fletcher Moss area)

Why: MLR(!)

Actually that is the longest I have run, parkruns apart, for some time. Must check the diary!

Started raining around 11:30 but fortunately had stopped for my run, although did wear a rain jacket in case. 

Looks like some decent running going on.

Wonder where Gobi is up to with recovery, and whether Blisters has recovered from posting the other day. And where is OL, amongst others.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    11.4 miles on hilly trails completed after work.  It was awfy hot but mostly fun in a strange kind of way.  I should really be tapering slightly for a half marathon on Sunday....will start the taper tomorrow!