Friday 1st June 2018-Stoplight, lock the door don't look back

Morning

Lyrics:Stoplight,lock the door and  don't look back

OH:  I hope you got back home safe  and sound,beautiful photo's
Em: Enjoy today:-)

What: Shorter run
Why: Picnic day/achilles needs a shorter run
Last hard: Sleeping

I hope everyone survived the weather warning!
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Never Get You Right by Brandon Flowers.

Have a great day emzap.

Hope you are home OH.

The forecast thunder storms passed us by Poppy and no rain yesterday either though we still have a yellow warning. Looks as though it could be another humid morning. Enjoy the day out.

What:            short and easy/packing
    Why:             taper/holiday
    Last hard:     tapering
    Last rest:      4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Will be thinking of you today, Emz!

What: something short and easy

Why: Friday is usually an easy day.

No rain here either. Yellow weather warning in place.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - looks stunning. 
    Apparently it will be wet this weekend

What - nothing
    Why - showers out until Monday at work so I can run but not get washed. Also out this evening (belated wedding anniversary)
    last rest - yesterday and today
    last hard - not running for two days ;-)
    Felt dreadful all day yesterday, got home around 5:45 and went straight to bed. Woke up at 10 for a cup of tea, then slept through to the alarm at 5. Feeling slightly more human today. 

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Dustin: I hope you feel  better today it sounds nasty!
    6.35 miles for me this morning donkey legs were back a shocker of a run but  miles in the bank:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Glad you're feeling better Dustin.

The early mizzle is getting a little wetter, definitely on the way to proper drizzle and I'm wondering if I'm going to get another soaking on my run. Hope you get a dry one in Alehouse.

Miles in the bank Poppy.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

No thunder or rain here

OH: Skye looked wonderful, got to love ABZ though

Dustin: clearly you werent well, hope all good today

LMH: enjoy your holiday and taper

EMZ: have a great day

Don: taper well

What: bike ride somewhere

Why: easy day

Last Hard: last nights solo speed work, slower than of old but compared to where i was two months ago .......massive difference

May brought roughly 120 miles run; 375 miles cycled and 3 miles swum.

Lyrics: no idea
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Polishes bench for injured and sets up isolation ward for Dustin! Puts on kettle as cup of tea makes everything better from colds to achilles problems. Welcomes sick of the parish, empathises and sits down for a good listen. Checks arrival board t see if OH still in transit! Gets napkins ready and side plates for slices of special cake.
    WP: Love your idea of a shorter run when niggled.
    Dustin: GWS. 
    DD: Enjoy the bike
    Ale: Take it steady
    Donaldo: Stay off those pins
    Emz: Enjoy this day.
    Lyrics: Nope
    What; Just going out for a gentle last run in the smizzle before (Hopefully) two weeks of warm weather running
    Why: Been a lazy so and so for two days/too busy
    Last hard: Journey back on Wednesday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    parkrun tomorrow should be interesting as the good to soft of last week will have turned to swamp. Time will be good v SSS on runbritain though, I hope :-)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Yikes Dustin - glad mine wasn't as bad. Hope you're on the mend now.

LMH: Enjoy your holiday. Right now I wish there was rain here for me to run in. The soaring temps (over 30 every day for 2 weeks now) have left everything bone dry and my asthma is acting up accordingly.

Poppy: Sounds like my legs on Wednesday :)  well done for seeing it through. Yours must be a monster mileage week surely?

DD: 2OTR is Dan, the guy who ran with us in Boston, right? I've forgotten his old forum name - we're on a WhatsApp group now (AA, Minni, OldForSpeed, BarryB, Dan, Bro and NellBlue). Fancy joining in the training banter? If so, PM me your mobile number and I'll add you to the group. It's really good fun. AA did her first IM last year.

OH: Stunning!!

Em: Whoa - G&T cake!! I like your style :) 

What: 11.5 miles
    Why: Body finally cooperating again
    Last hard: feeling so shite on Wednesday plus being lazy yesterday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes

Mine from Wednesday were On the sunny side of the Street, sung by many great artists.

• Happy holidays SC.

Glad you're feeling better chicksta. That's some freak hot weather you're having.

Great to see the progress so quickly DD.

A better run for me this morning fortunately. Legs felt battered after yesterday's ministrations but loosened off, mizzle stopped and whilst it was still a bit grey and close it wasn't as bad as yesterday.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning again!

Hot and sunny for my 3k run off road, although everywhere was pretty hard baked ground and lots of overgrown stinging nettles.

60k for the month represents biggest month of the year by a long way. Onwards and upwards!

Enjoy your hols LMH/SC

Great pics, OH.

Meant to say, Garmin seems to be working fine after a hard reset.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Who brought up tech issues this week? Garmin flashed low battery despite being 100% yesterday, should have lasted at least for one hour but conked out 2 miles into 5 mile run. I felt great and decided to live on the edge running monitor free :-) Felt good once I got over the initial concern. Ho hum. Oh and the drizzle turned to blazing sunshine. It's a sign!
  • Good news Alehouse - I always get worried once mine start messing about though.

You naughty boy SC! Mind you I expect you can feel where your HR is pretty well by now.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    OH: Breathtaking, superb!

Dustin: Get well soon, what a gutter. That really is rough.

Welsh: Tah! Ordered! It will be a birthday present for my daughter for my birthday next week (I never want birthday presents for myself, nothing I ever want)

SC: Look now, be careful going solo, we have evolved to have all the stats to hand, dangerous times. don't rebel against the robots.

Emz: I hope it is fantastic! And it will be.

Ale: 60K the mojo is coming back!

LMH: Garmin issues, I agree I love my Garmin 205, had two Garmins prior to this one, really old Forerunner 101s (bricks) one got nicked, the other I left on car roof when driving away from the forestry. This current one is too old (over 10 years now) for Garmin to rewrite updates to make it talk to the new Mac system architechture (will be same for Windows soon also), the support desk has already stated this. Going to keep it going for the time being and update to Connect once a month on a loan PC. The Garmin is fine, never misses a beat, just won't talk anymore to my computer anymore. Wait and see if any models are on offer or jump out to me over the next few months.

Chicksta: You are really racking up some miles recently, go you! Watch out for escaped Lions and Pumas in Germany, hope they are not near you.

DD: Cracking total, DD you are a machine!

Thanks to all yesterday for advice regarding Garmin issues and alternatives.

After yesterdays fiasco with my Garmin issues, I am now incredibly relaxed and accepting of it. Updated my stats from April 1st using a loan Windows PC, but unfortunatly it added everything still in the watch memory from 2009 to date. I now have in Garmin Connect every activity from 2009 to April 2018 doubled up. I can only delete one at a time 3000+ entries, GC doesn't allow bulk delete. Easiest option now is to open a new Connect account and re-upload all watch data on loan PC. I will get round to it at some point, kind of lost the will at the moment.

Daughters with Grandma for a couple of hours so off to the gym, for some up then down pyramid work.

What: Gym, ascending/descending pyramid sessions

Why: Activity requires a scrap of paper and a pen to record activity, not technology

Lyrics: Oh come on!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Holy shit, Benjy. How bloody annoying.

Good progress, ale.

Hottest May since 1947 apparently :sweat_smile:
  • My first Garmin was a 201 Benjy  :) Sounds as though you have a solution albeit a long winded one.

I'm hoping for some heat next week chicksta though maybe not too much a week on Sunday..........
  • Was actually heading South (aunt's funeral in Buxton). 
    Nice send off with good family turnout. Fly back tomorrow morning.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    OH! I'm in the Griffin! Will you be parkrunning anywhere tomorrow?
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Flight at 0830 so no parkrun.
    Sorry I missed message earlier (needing bed now and suspect you're supped up too by now) but thanks for asking.