Saturday 2nd June 2018 - Your old lover's lying in the gutter

Morning.

Lyrics - Your old lover's lying in the gutter

Late start this morning, couldn't think of any lyrics. It's going to be an unusual week before the marathon with being away but I will either get what I'm chasing next Sunday or not and I intend to enjoy the holiday between now and then.

What:            short and easy/travelling
Why:             time/taper/holiday
Last hard:     tapering
Last rest:      4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• At Manchester airport, looking good so far.
    Heading home.
    Last hard: journey down
    Last rest: yesterday technically
    Lyrics: no

Enjoy your holiday LMH
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning 

OH: safe travels, I will be up your way soon rig moving.

LMH: see you at Yeovil maybe 

What. Rest but maybe a wee run to bed in new shoes.

Why; Poole ½ M tomorrow 

last hard: Wednesday 

Entered Andover sprint Tri last night.......
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Safe travelling LMH and hope you enjoy the week and the Yeovil:-)

OH Hope you get home safely!
    DD Good luck  tomorrow with your half:-)
    Chick: well done on your run yesterday!  

What: 10.25 miles
    Why: Because  legs wanted to.
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics:I was not sure but they have popped into my head

Mileage  for the week highest this year  and maybe the highest of my  3 year comeback 66..21:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun, run progressively in 25:29, officially, although I got 25:22 on my watch. No matter!

Why: the week's long run! 6.6k in total. 

Back to marking...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Meant to say, incredibly humid here earlier and was drenched at the finish of the run. Since then it has cooled down 3 or 4 degrees and a breeze has picked up. 

Safe journeys, those who are travelling!

Good miles there, WP!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Impressive miles poppy. Well done.

Good parkrun ale. Is it safe to say you're on a comeback?

Good plan LMH. No need to stress yourself whilst on hols. Where are you off to?

Fingers crossed OH.

Exciting DD.

What: 6 easy miles
    Why: did loads of work around house and garden earlier
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: I know them but I can't name the song. Damn.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    No, never safe to say on a comeback, Chick! Still running with niggles...but at least I am running! Long way from being fit enough to train properly though! Too much like hard work this morning! 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    LMH/OH: Happy travels

Ale: That's good going!

DD: Good luck for tomorrow, you will storm it

Welsh: My goodness, truly amazing, you now scare me, true grit, don't mess with kind of person, if I was on a sinking ship I would enlist you to organise and pilot the lifeboat I've been allocated in.

Injured, out of action, Ibuprofen at 4:00AM, then at 11:00AM lying flat on back all morning and still am, pulled strained back and left lat. Have to get myself sorted somehow as am at a friends afternoon/evening birthday BBQ today.

What: 'Nowt

Why: Feeling like an old knackered pit pony ready for the glue factory (got that vision from the start of 1970s kids film Black Beauty)

Lyrics: Well this is more like it. Yes.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Yesterday was lovely, thanks for the well-wishes.  Today is now the "wedding" part (we did it the German way, married in the registry office yesterday, big party today :) ).  

Oh yes, running.  Very relaxed parkrun this morning, 29 something (obviously was not going all out!).  Then flower shopping, afternoon nap, and now nearly time to go get ready :smiley:

Dustin hope you are recovered.  OH hope your journey back was ok.

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad all went well yesterday, Emz and hope all goes well this evening. 

Hope the back has eased, Benjy! I know what a pain they can be!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    good work Ale :-)

great miles by many of you as always :-)

parkrun pacing duties again today at 25 mins.... 24:54 :-) plus warm up and cool down.....

Now to start planning for my next season.... key race will be race the train in August and Swindon Half in Sep with (but haven't decided yet) on Palma 10k or half in October (I'm going just need to decide on race) :-)

Take care