Sunday, 3 June 2018 - My love

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Training
Morning!

Have a wonderful party, em.

And good luck DD

Eek Benjy. Hope you feel better. What happened?

Something longish for me I hope. Muggy as hell so it'll be a sweat fest.

Lyrics: my love
My lover, lover, lover

Comments

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning chicksta and everyone else.  :)   Enjoy your muggy run if you can!

Good luck today DD, have a great run.

Alloa half marathon for me today, I think the temperature has dipped a bit, thankfully.  I was at a work residential and left the hotel yesterday lunchtime to my car saying 28 degrees and it never even changed while driving, which is very rare.  Ridiculous for Scotland!  Hoping for about 15 degrees this morning and no more!  Haven’t beaten 1:28 this decade so should be on for a ‘pb’. Looking for around 1:24 ish but will be pleased to beat 1:25.  If the heat goes up, my time will go up.

Lyrics, I thought so but as I think some more, perhaps not.

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Live It Up by Blondie.

Race well Donaldo and DD - it's warm here.

I hope to see you at the finish next Sunday if not before DD.

Keep moving Benjy - heat and mobilisation. Hope you feel better and made it to the BBQ. A couple of bevies may ease everything?

Hope you enjoyed the party emzap. Are you off on honeymoon?

We are in North Devon chicksta. Beautiful views from our apartment, had a short walk yesterday evening and am looking forward to an exploratory run this morning before it gets busy. I expect I'll be walking a lot this week as I need to keep the running miles down a bit.

Warm here already this morning, really looking forward to my run (just letting breakfast settle).

What:              short and easy
    Why:               taper
    Last hard:       sleeping (light/road noise)
    Last rest:        4/5

Lyrics - maybe...........
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Good luck DD and Don on your races today looking forward to race reports:-0
    Benjy: Oh dear what have you done take it easy and hope you made the BBQ
    Chick Good luck on muggy run today!
    LMH: Enjoy Exploring today:-)

What: 8.25 miles
    Why:Because I can
    Last hard:Sleeping and legs heavy today
    Lyrics: Maybe will need to think some more

Lovely and cool at 5am best part of the day and back before it gets too warm;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning!

Happy Birthday Dibs3690! Not seen her on here for ages!

Go well racers!

What: fitness suite day, plus maybe a short run

Why: not going to build the running too soon

Lyrics: no

Daughter is doing her first half ironman tri today! Looking forward to her report!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Dibs

Have good races Don and DD and Ale's daughter.

Don - we had exceptional weather in Arran last week, was lovely but to hot to run in. hope it stays cool this morning.

LMH - enjoy your hols and walking

just over 30 mins for me this morning, recovery week done (apart from the last 2 days of heavy garden DIY and more later - has been a good core workout) :-)

Take care
  • It was much warmer than forecast here this morning but Mark and I had a lovely run, South West Coastal Path round to Baggy Point and back dropping on to the beach for an easier last three miles. Hillier than I'm used to but such beautiful views - though I was a little too worried about falling over to admire them as I ran - a good excuse for lots of stops though.

Which HIM is she doing Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a great run, LMH...plenty of stops this week! Have stayed in Ilfracombe and Woolacombe in the past so have run much of that coast to Croyde. Doubt it has changed much!

Triathlon: the ultimate tri one at Alderford Lake, (formerly Dearnford Lake),
    Whitchurch.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Emz: Cel-e-bration time, c'mon (song)!

Ale: That's great going doing the Tri, I wish her all the luck.

RFJ: Good going there!

Don: Really hope you get the PB, will be an impressive time. Fingers crossed.

Chicksta: Keep hydrated. Not sure what caused the back strain, I suspect over-stretching and not warming up enough and holding stretch too long. Then again it could have been the ascending/descending pyramid training did Friday, didn't hold back.

LMH: Sounds like a good run, I love cliff tracks for running.

Quite a lot of pain, have borrowed a back-brace from a mate of mine (a carpet fitter), wore it at BBQ yesterday, then slept in it last night. Standing upright during mid-Ibuprofen phase is kind of ok-ish. Any movement bending up or down makes me wince and makes the upper abs spasm. Hard work getting in and out of bed. Going to try a light jog (walk if have to) of no measured distance at some point today, upright but moving. You know what it is like, many people would say sit down and watch telly, but I would be more happy getting out and about and getting some movement and have to wince. I know friends say there can't be much wong if you are getting out, but the want to get out is greater.

What: Some form of movement

Why: Because telly is rubbish

Lyrics: It could possibley be quite a few things, there is one though specifically I am saying yes to.

Have a goodSunday chaps!

Welsh: 5:00AM 8.25 run, blimey! Go you!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lovely area, LMH. Enjoy.

Good luck to your daughter, ale.

Hope it went well, Don.

Where is Dibs?

I ended up doing 15 miles and a bit. Took it super easy, running about 30 secs slower per mile than normal. Last mile was 7:50 though :D
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Some good running today.

Benjy, get well soon!

Alloa half.  Much hotter than expected at the start but felt well hydrated.  Plan was to go out at 6:20 and hopefully have something left at end.  Almost perfect first mile in 6:16 but was sweating a lot more than usual.  2nd mile felt tougher but I don't look at my watch often so plodded on through gentle uphill miles 3+4.  Without looking at watch, at this point thought it was going to be a disaster, felt tired, hot, legs sore, working way too hard, way too early.  Bit of downhill then turned into a long flat section below the Ochil hills with a slight breeze in our faces.  Starting feeling good and felt like I was powering along, passing folk slowly but surely, estimating my pace at 6:15 and feeling positive.  Decided to look at watch as it beeped for 10 miles, genuinely thinking 64 mins.  No!!! Mile time 6:44 and 66:10.  What?? Was utterly shocked that I thought I was flying but wasn't.  A bit damaged after that, I worked hard but the stuffing had been knocked out of me.  Lost some places on a hill, got most of them back in the last mile and a half, but the line came at 1:27:50.  Hmmm.  Displeased.

Met my clubmates who were also slower than expected, even the fast guys, so took some solace in that.  And as they say, there is always next time!  
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great report, Don, and sorry you didn't get what you wanted. And don't forget it is still not that long post marathon and post hamstring complaints! And you got under 88 minutes! Today sounds a slow day because of the heat which always seems to impact on the hills in particular. I, also, would have been a little relieved to hear others were also slower than expected. And there is always next time!
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Chick: Nice long run

LMH: Enjoy Devon the most beautiful county in the UK (I'm biased)

BB: Be careful but understand your need to move

EMZ: Hope your celebrations went well.

Don: Things don't always go to plan but I for one would be more than happy with that time.

Poole 1/2M first half in three years and only second run longer than 10 miles since I started back so no great expectations, sub 2 hours would be nice.

Set off along with the 10K race some about 1200 runners crammed onto a narrow road, not the best. After 3K the 10K runners went left and we went right along the sea shore, no wind flat calm and temperatures sneaking into the mid 20's.

I was very conscious of the lack of miles in my legs so held back all the time running around 9 min/mile pace or a wee bit slower, just wanted to see if I could hold it. We reached the half way mark in Upton country park, a bit more undulating but with shade! Quick glance at my TomTom showed 11K up in about 61 mins so about on the money. Back along the seashore towards town, slight sea breeze now which helped. Slowly catching up on my club mates who I could see up ahead though never actually getting close enough to talk to.

Started to feel tired as we passed the 10 mile mark, but confident enough that I could hold it together which I did just slowing slightly over the last 3K to finish in 1-56-43, Happy enough with that and it sets a marker to work on, given that 2 months ago I couldn't run a 11 min/mile progress has been made. 166/ 423 3rd M60, missed 2nd in AG by 12 seconds grrr. Though I think I will like being a M60 as I know there is an easy 10 mins or more to come off that time, especially if it was a wee bit cooler.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done DD, sounds a good run.  Great progression and well done on the 3rd age group position.  
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    65th and 33th V40.  Higher up the field than expected.  :)
  • Shows it was a tough day Donaldo.

Hope she enjoyed it Alehouse.

Benjy - mostly backs do better moving, just keep it gentle.

DD - it was warm today and 3rd in your age group is amazing considering how long you haven't been back running! Hope you recover well this week and can have another go at Yeovil.

We have made the most of the beautiful location and weather wand walked another ten miles today - will need to give a bit of thought to tapering soon. I think the walking miles will be ok as long as I have easier days Friday and Saturday.
  • 10.6 along a rough hilly coastal route trailing along way behind my companions followed by a swim.
    Why: getting a few more miles in before Dirty 30 next Saturday.
    Last hard today
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no
  • Dibs is active (on FB) - on the turbo trainer to earn her birthday cake!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done on your respective HMs Don and DD. Good agree group placing :+1:

Will the Dirty 30 involve lots of mud, OH?

Nice long walk LMH.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Evening!

Well done, DD! Good progress! 

Good to hear of Dibs, OH!

Daughter did indeed enjoy her half-ironman, LMH, judging by the fact that she messaged me to say she is thinking of doing Sundowner on 1st September! Know anything about it? She said that the run was hot, hot, hot...and she had never run as far as 13 miles before, never mind off the bike. About 2:15 for the run, setting off steadily and finishing strongly.

And don't do too much, LMH!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Well done DD

Don - sounds tough at Alloa

Well done AH Daughter

Take care all
    Don: That's a great result, although you are feeling cheesed off a bit that it wasn't your intended aim, the result can be recalibrated if it was the same for others. Well done.

DD: Great also, as you say compare back to 2 months ago from what you are saying, it is superb. Great account of events there.

Ale: Great to here she is fuelled with enthusiasm, a great achievement.

Chicksta: Blimey, that's a good set of miles done there.

Went for my 'mild jog' hour and half after Ibuprofen, thinking only a 4 to keep the head more than the body happy that I had got out. Stuck to a steady 9:30min pace, kept slipping to 8:10 so steady back to 9:30 and did 6 in the end, felt ok for another mile or two but though better not over-egg the pudding. Was really pleased I did get out. Back was fine when running so long as didnt twist to look. I guess blood flow, movement etc (as well as meds) helped. Really ached couple of hours afterwards though, but not sharp pain. Think I will do the same tactic again tomorrow.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It can indeed, Chicksta

Sorry Alloa didn't go as hoped, Don

Good come back DD
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Best party ever! (And most sober at wedding) Cakes looked good (will try and post pics when I get them). Danced so much I hurt this morning! 

Didn't sleep well though.

Well done dd and Don in hot weather.

Have a good evening all