Monday, 4 June 2018 - A heart that's full up like a landfill

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Training
Morning all :)

Today's lyrics: A heart that's full up like a landfill

Yesterday's were Paradise, George Ezra

Great to hear everything went well, em. Off on honeymoon now?

Hope your back has settled, Benjy. Good you got out.

I'm planning a short run and some core strength. It's been ages since I hit the gym. There will be DOMS ...

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Chicksta: Great move, if it has been ages it will be Wednesday evening when you can pick that cup of tea up.

Don/DD/LMH/Ale: Left some comments back end of yesterday's thread, just to echo them, good all round.

Back more manageable this morning, still Ibuprofen to ease, will stick to same tactic of a steady 6 late afternoon/early evening after work done. Maybe more if feel like it but not going to push it. Hoping tomorrow is business as usual, but will lay off weights/gym.

Have a good day chaps.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Er...

What: Light run early evening

Why: To get out, keep moving

Lyrics: No

Follow On Post: Because thinking too many things at once
  • Morning.

You can edit your post within an hour Benjy. Glad the run helped, watch you don't stiffen up too much if you're on the computer for work today, keep moving and stretching.

I'm glad you had a good day emzap. Thinking about our wedding makes me smile still.

Great that she enjoyed it Alehouse and that isn't a shabby run time though distances can be a little approximate in the run element of a tri especially. Freebird put on a good event, the lake is good to swim in and the bike and run flat. Only thing to be aware of is that the late start can make it very warm for the run. I do need to dial it back a bit this week, it's hard when I'm in such a beautiful place with the different run and walk routes to explore but my knees don't like hills (running or walking) and I can feel that my hip flexors worked on the uneven ground yesterday, left ankle (the one with the cuboid syndrome) also has an ache on this morning - I'm falling apart.

You're travelling a lot OH! I hope that you are feeling good about the Dirty 30? I managed a paddle up to my knees yesterday but that was as far as I got.

You had a good excuse for not doing your gym work chicksta. I did know yesterday's lyrics.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             need to be sensible
    Last hard:     deciding which flavours of ice cream to have
    Last rest:      4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks for the thoughts re tri, LMH! Doubt it will be much hotter than yesterday! It was 25+ during her run.
    And of course you are falling apart! Typical of taper week!

What: not sure

Why: falling apart. Lots of cross training: ironing, putting up cupboards in my new workshop, going to the tip etc. Plus another visit to the doctor re falling apart.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

Chick: Gym work, best avoided in my opinion

BB: only runners understand the need to run even when you cant turn your head.

LMH: you’re on holiday.... chill

EMZ: pleased it went well

AH: i know all about falling apart, off for my NHS over 60 check today

What: Swim AM / cycle PM

Why: no idea

Last Hard:Yesterday

Lyrics: I live in hope that one day!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Benjy So glad you could get out and run and I hope you are  not too stiff but do take care.

Em: Glad it all went well yesterday!

Don sorry you were disappointed but a great result in the heat!!

DD: Great work and  shows how  far you have come well done!

LMH: Enjoy the ice cream but do be careful with undulating surfaces.

Ale: Glad daughter enjoyed her Tri!! Hope GP visit goes well.

What: 10.75 miles
    Why: Because I can 
    Last Hard: Falling and sleeping
    Lyrics: No and no for yesterday

Sadly as I was running on trail path there are stones big ones and I tripped  down I went all i could think was pleased don't let me hurt anything.There was nothing to save me luckily hard mud and stone so apart from bruised elbow and a small lump which  is sore and being winded,sore knee I was okay as this happened at 2.5 miles into run and could continue my run mind you last 3 miles were slow as everything was aching by then.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - enjoy the break, and as DD says relax a little, ahead of Yeovil
    Ale - sounds like the tri went well, always good when they are looking to do it again!
    Don - well battled. If you run to feel and it felt harder/faster then that surely says it all. STill a decent time and placing anyway.
    DD - well paced and executed race, as you say there is plenty more to come.
    Benjy - hope the back issues are easing, maybe the "alcohol numbs everything" solution!?!
    Emz - huge congrats, hope the dancing feet are not too sore today!

Quick round up as not posted all weekend
    Friday - nothing
    Saturday - 18.75 trail miles, ridiculously hot
    Sunday - 10.5 hilly trail miles, ridiculously hot

Today - steady lunchtime, 
    Why - work showers back in action so normality restored to my routine
    last rest - Thursday & Friday
    last hard - Saturday & Sunday
  •  This is me relaxing! Rubbish run this morning. Thought I'd go out and back along the beach for an easier run (niggles are definitely a consequence of yesterday rather than taper madness) but although I felt absolutely fine my pace was appalling, no idea why. I shall dial both the running and walking back after tomorrow and hope that I freshen up. The way I felt this morning I was seriously wondering whether it was worth turning up on Sunday.

Late Saturday afternoon at the beginning of September could be baking Alehouse. Hope all goes well at the GP - you too DD.

Hope there isn't any real damage Poppy.

Glad you have your showers back Dustin, I bet you've missed being able to get out at lunchtime.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    DD: not doing any gym work would make me fall apart even more ;-)
    It got me badly injured an unable to run for months so it's a necessary evil if I want to continue running :/

LMH:
    Now that sounds like a typical taper run. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Poppy: ouch! I like your attitude though. Brush off the dust, carefully check whether moving parts are in order and hobble on to complete the intended run :+1:

What: 5 miles on the TM and 30 mins of kettlebells
    Why: it's about time to work on strength again
    Last hard: the treadmill run was awful but running outside the gym is even worse due to loads of road crossings.
    Last rest: Thursday
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    What: painting skirting boards this morning
    Why: long overdue
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest Saturday
    Lyrics no idea

Yes, travelling a lot. Dirty 30 trip will be combined with visiting friend who lost his wife at this time last year.
    Home games thereafter: Hoy HM on 17 June, St Magnus Marathon on 1 July. Even Hoy involves a ferry!
  • Looking forward to the pictures emzap...
    That's sounds a healthy soreness at end of good evening's dancing  :D 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Poppy, ouch, sore one! 

4.25 miles, legs feeling the half yesterday.  

Lyrics, I big definite YES.  Love the song.
  • Normally in the last week of the taper I see my runs getting faster chicksta. Though I can't compare this with my routes at home it was much slower than I've run anything for a long time apart from when running with Mark. It's done though.

Inspired by you I had a short swim in the sea this afternoon OH - can't remember the last time I did that in the UK.
  • Don't think anyone is really inspired by me  :lol: