Tuesday, 5 June 2018 - It's been the longest winter without you

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning all :)

That's lyrics: It's been the longest winter without you

Yesterday's were Radiohead - No surprises

Medium long run planned today. Brief respite from the heat so have to make the most of it before temps start soaring again.

Comments

• Morning.

It was definitely you in my head when I decided to take the plunge OH!

Hope you enjoy your run in the relative cool chicksta. It's a duller start to the day here and forecast to feel cooler too - which I'm not so made up about  :)

My lower back, hips, knees and calves are feeling the walking - yesterday's route was beautiful but very hilly. I'm going to have to dial it back a bit after today and hope everything recovers.

What:           short and easy with Mark
    Why:            he wants us to run together
    Last hard:    freshening my legs up
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    What - lunchtime intervals, evening hills
    Why - session for me & coaching
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - Saturday
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope the legs behave, LMH.

Sounds like 2 hard sessions, Dustin.

Ended up doing a little over 12 miles progressively. It was a tad windy but I'm not complaining. Made for nice leg turnover on the return.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

Its cool and grey on the Wilts / Dorset border.

LMH: Taper madness in full swing

Chick: Your certainly putting in the miles

Dustin: That sounds like a hard day

WP: I hope that nothing is hurting today

What: Swim at lunchtime / slow social club run tonight

Why; Because

Last Hard: Bursting the blisters on my left foot this morning, application of duct tape and dog walked at a trot without problem.

Lyrics. ...............Never

Yesterday's were Radiohead - No surprises

Maybe it was no surprises to many but it was to me!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sadly no run although I got up and out by 5am but although legs wanted to run my rib cage did not it must be bruised. Lets hope it heals quickly!!

DD Ouch for those blisters!

Chick: you are racking the miles up are you marathon training?

LMH: I hope  the short and easy went well today and you have a nice day for a swim and ice cream.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, poppy. Hope it settles in a day or two. I have a place in the Berlin Marathon on September 16 so I better put some miles in or it'll end in tears :)

That's an interesting method to fix blisters, DD.  An loads cheaper than Compeed I guess :s
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics no, been a long week + without you lot
    chick have a good mlr - aha you did
    Poppy hope you are ok, have you fallen?
    dd ouchy 
    dustin busy double day enjoy
    lmh enjoy the together run!

the streak is in tact.  I did a great park run saturday, not my time, just at the eden project.  It was amazing. OH did it and I told him to crack on as he kept waiting - he finished half a min ahead of me, I had a much better wava though ;-)

what: 2 miles d&d this morning
    why: giving blood later
    last hard: leaving cornwall
    last rest: 31/12/16
    The whole family loved the holiday, going back next year it was so good!

hello all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Welsh: That's rough, wise to ease off today, but I know what it is like, getting cheesed off if can't get out.

Wabo: Dedication keeping that streak on the go, echo the point again it would ruin the holiday if it was ruined. Good on you.

DD: Ouch, duct tape solution sounds like a medical solution from 'Nam

LMH: I'm going to send a few wagons down your way filled with some of our hills, I like hills, but some days you wish wouldn't it be nice to not have any for a day, flat surfaces are only here to join the hills together as bridges. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Chicksta: Berlin, I'm jealous, sounds fantastic

Back has eased off a lot, managed 7 yesterday with my mate Ibuprofen, today is supposed to be a gym day, but thought better not, I've a early start tomorrow morning lot of driving for work tomorrow don't want to spring something again just as it has calmed down. Went for a very hot 7 miler instead at lunchtime. Ignoring the advice of friends, getting moving again helps.

What: Very hot 7 miler

Why: Well I had to do something so went for another run

Lyrics: Nuurgh! (Scaborough accent for No)
  • Sorry to hear that Poppy. No ice cream so far today and definitely no swim - it's nowhere near as hot as yesterday.

Unfortunately I have limited miles left in my knees and hills (and stairs) reduce that further according to the orthopod Benjy - can't avoid them here though! I'm glad your back is feeling better.

Pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed the holiday Wabo.

Is that two MLRs on the bounce chicksta?

Nice DIY DD.

A five mile run this morning, first half with Mark (he decided to head back along the beach whilst I took to the coastal path) then a bit of an epic eight mile walk which was beautiful but hilly and included lots of steps - like the coastal path round from Whitby to Robin Hood's Bay on steroids! Lovely.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: no, I did only 5 yesterday. I may do 10 tomorrow but I have some commuting logistics to work out first (hubby needs my car). Sounds like a perfect holiday.

Hi wabo. Glad you had a good time.

Benjy: Good news re. back
  • Hot for Orkney.
    4 miles this morning followed by digging weeds followed by swim (water temp now up to balmy 14°C)
    Last hard Sunday
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics as usual no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Chick : This will be first marathon after all your injury woes/issues? Best of Luck you are doing fantastic,

Benjy: I am so pleased your back is easing and you can do some exercise /Running.I do so agree keep moving the back helps.

Although I am still sore and achy I seem to be able to move my arm and shoulder more and less ouchiness so progress. so will aim for a run in morning and just see how it all plays out.
    My space bar on laptop is faulty it does not always leave a space so do excuse me unless I am typing so fast;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Lyrics: no

Another hot sunny day here! Unfortunately spent much of it in the classroom but then went to watch cricket. Just home and have decided to take a rest day: too many niggles still!

Tomorrow should be fun: CT scan, MRI scan, x-rays on back a.m., then blood tests p.m. Think the scans need to do my whole body!

And back off, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: rest
    Why: I'm exhausted!
    Last hard; running, Wednesday, life May
    Lyrics: nope

Ben what have you done to your back?
    Welsh owww hope you recover soon
    LMH take it easy
    Ale good luck tomorrow
    OH dancing was great!
    House is now nearly back to normal and we are back to work tomorrow (no honeymoon).  House is resembling a florist atm!

Will put up some pics once we have some.

Have a lovely evening all