How do I delete my account here?

I can only find edit profile? How do I delete my account?
Tagged:

Comments

• Andy B6Andy B6 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Or just keep posting rubbish  till you get banned.  I am giving it my best shot but nobody seems to be in charge.
  • rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Andy, you are doing a great job
  • Andy B6Andy B6 ✭✭✭
    Hey Liam.  Thanks very much buddy.  I need to get banned soon or there is a real risk I will end up turning into a running twat.
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!
  • so you cant delete your account?
  • You can log out and never come back but no, I don't think there's any way to actually close your account.
  • that sucks
    new here does anybody know how to post a thread
    so confusing
    getting feed up of it
  • Im the same... Cant see a post thread button anywhere. Am I doing something wrong?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    You have to post about 10 times on other threads before you get to post one of your own, unfortunately.  I assume it's supposed to cut down on spammers, but given the amount of fake passports on offer, I suspect all it is doing is putting off new people who perhaps want to post a question but can't.

Anyway, welcome, and feel free to use any old thread to post a bit of nonsense to get your tally up - it might make the place look a bit busier.... :smile:
  • skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    Nessie said:

Anyway, welcome, and feel free to use any old thread to post a bit of nonsense to get your tally up - it might make the place look a bit busier.... :smile:
    it works for the spammers.
  • > @runner27 said:
    > that sucks
    > new here does anybody know how to post a thread
    > so confusing
    > getting feed up of it

Same here, but I can see (some) sense in it. I moderate a politics forum and the first couple of posts have to be reviewed and approved by me or another moderator before they appear on the board. Ten is a bit excessive, though.

As for running and questions, I have nearly completed the Couch to 5K programme and I'm doing not because I aspire to athleticism, but because I'm in the Army and need to pass my fitness test. I had hoped the gradual introduction of regular exercise would help my attitude as well as my fitness, but I have to admit I still hate it with a passion! I've always said that 'fun' and 'run' shouldn't be allowed in the same sentence!! ;) For me, it's about as enjoyable as having to have dental treatment three times a week, every week. So for any enthusiasts reading this, what do you get out of it? All I get is aches, pains and falling asleep at my desk. :/
  • > @runner27 said:
    > so you cant delete your account?

that would be illegal under new GDPR regulations
  • testing
  • yeah, GDPR souhld protect this
  • Posting here to see if it works. New account
  • Nice one Dorset; to become a fully functioning member of society this level of dedication in posting is required:- https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/271920/jogle-run/p2

Kirsty was only 2 stars when she attempted to close her account - I'll go look see if a 3 has any more options. Speak soon...

• Nope - I can't delete my account.
  • I was also wondering how you made a post but guess you can’t until you have commented on a few things
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    See that star after your name, you need 3 to make posts, circa 15 comments earns you that I think, I worked up to that recently here as an example:
  • Hello everyone. I'm a newbie on here. Been running 8 months. Did my first HM last weekend in Peterborough in 2.02. Very chuffed. Still trying to find my way around on here
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    Well done FT that's a great result. How are the legs? So that will of course be your pb for now, do you have an eye on sub 2 hours next? 
  • Well done FT - I did the Great Eastern last year and it's a well organised race. You should be chuffed with that time.
  • Thanks guys....yes pretty chuffed with that. I've entered London next year through a charity as didn't get in through ballot and I'm, optimistically, going for a 3.59! As part of that I'll be running the Cambridge HM in early March and trying for a 1.50- 1.55. Got a bit more timber to lose on the way too!
  • Peterborough was very well organised. It was hammering down all day which didn't help though
  • > @Nessie said:
    > You have to post about 10 times on other threads before you get to post one of your own, unfortunately.  I assume it's supposed to cut down on spammers, but given the amount of fake passports on offer, I suspect all it is doing is putting off new people who perhaps want to post a question but can't.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Anyway, welcome, and feel free to use any old thread to post a bit of nonsense to get your tally up - it might make the place look a bit busier.... ::smile:

Does..
  • this
  • count
  • any
  • old