Friday 8th June 2018 - See you walking 'round like it's a funeral

Morning.

Lyrics - See you walking 'round like it's a funeral

It's a grey start to the day here, at least if it stays like this I may find it easier to stay in and off my feet. We didn't 'go for a walk' yesterday and I still managed to cover double figures on top of my run.

What:          short and easy
Why:           taper
Last hard:   finding home baked gf scones
Last rest:    4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Everybody's got to learn sometime," The Korgis, as heard on some radio show or other on Wednesday.

What: rest day

Why: in London for work related meeting so it will be train, tube, meet, tube, train then The Griffin!

Now, do I take a brolly? 

Rest well, carb well, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • On the ferry. Then 5h drive.
    Off for the Dirty weekend!  ;)
    Last hard Sunday
    Last rest Tuesday
    Lyrics no

Hope travel and weather are favourable AH

Is the race tomorrow LMH?
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    morning

Ale:I would take a brolly!!
    OH Enjoy your dirty weekend ;);)

LMH: Happy carb loading:-)

What: 10.1 miles
    Why: because I could and first run since fall
    Last hard: Fall and ribs
    Lyrics: Nope

I was fine until mile 7 when ribs hurt so eased back  and was able to finish run-yay job done:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Safe journey OH - the marathon is on Sunday.

Great that you've been able to get back out running Poppy.

I think a brolly would be wise Alehouse.

Made the mistake of looking at the forecast for Yeovilton on Sunday - the high is now given as 24C! Ah well, nothing to do but suck it up and run my best. Makes it less likely that I will achieve the time that I was hoping for though which does mean that an autumn marathon may need to be found. I had sort of promised myself the summer off (marathon training, not running obviously) if I managed the 2.54 this weekend.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning

OH: everywhere is a long journey for you

WP: back at it, great

LMH: Met office gives a high of 22C at 1300, you will be well done by then and its still 4C cooler than last Sunday!

Don: As per Strava there is about a 5-6m rise on the school track we use, the plus is definitely hitting the top of the bend and the 100m done to the finish. 

AH: London...... best avoided IMO.

what: Easy cycle to the pool, swim cycle home.
    why: allegedly tapering for Sunday.....
    last hard: last nights track session, but enjoyable and a lot of club mates are closer than they were a month ago.

lyrics: guess who doesn’t listen to a whole load of music!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

Been an awful couple of days, my daughter is in hospital with ITP, she has no platelets at all, started with nose bleeds and gums bleeding and all purple blotches.  Anyway she is now on massive doses of steroids to combat her immune system which is attacking her blood.  They are checking for Lupus, which I've been telling her to do for years.
    If I am not around, know that very day I'll at least do a mile!!
    Racing tomorrow at Danbury 10k.  I'll try pop on but its hard right now.

hope you are all well
    xx
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry to hear that Wabo, hope she recovers well.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness me Wabo, I hope all will improve for Jody!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    many thanks all
    wp happy you're clocking up the miles again!
    thank goodness she didn't go for the ablation Monday, she would have bled and they would not have been prepared!! She's AB- so it may have been a problem, not sure.  They said that what has happened to her blood was not a slow thing but a drastic one!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    That’s awful Wabo, I hope she makes a good recovery and I hope you are okay too, stressful time.  Best of luck in the 10K.

I had no plans at all to run today but my school were doing a sponsored walk so ended up running 7.1 miles around the route, which was through forest trails and hilly sections.  Great fun, and got to give out all the drinks and snacks at halfway.  We are having a mini Highland games this afternoon too, a great day to be working!! 

Lyrics, nope.
  • Really sorry to hear that Wabo, I hope that she's soon on the mend. Don't forget to look after yourself too.

I do like how much you enjoy your job Donaldo and am rather envious.

I wasn't running long or for a time last Sunday DD.............

Glad you were able to run Poppy.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    (((wabo)))  Hope they get to the bottom of things and sort your daughter out.

Poppy: you're back, that's great!

OH: Enjoy the dirty weekend

Ale: Enjoy the big smoke

LMH: You don't really mind heat though, do you? Fingers crossed you get the time you want. You certainly deserve it.

Don: Hope your pupils don't throw logs at you ;)

DD: Guess you still find 24 degrees cold after Dubai ...

For some reason my post from yesterday didn't show. Strange. Anyway, no running yesterday as I twisted my knee getting out of the car (old age and sports cars don't match). It was pretty painful to run on so I hit the gym instead and did a proper core session. All good today though, yay :+1:

What: 11 miles
    Why: beautiful morning albeit a bit hot
    Last hard: knee pain
    Last rest: 31/5
    Lyrics: yes
  • I'd rather be hot than cold and seem to cope with it better than many chicksta but it still slows me down. I've never raced marathons so close together before either and it's been a bit of an effort to nurse the old body through another three weeks of peak mileage so soon after the last lot (in fact I wanted four weeks but wasn't recovered enough in time). I'm glad your knee allowed you to run today, you are building a good mileage base.