Saturday, 9 June 2018 - you saw a sign on a pick-up truck

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning,

Today's lyrics: You saw a sign on a pick up truck

Up early to avoid the worst of the heat. I'd 4am and already (or still) 22 degrees ...

Can't complain about not having a decent summer this year ;)

So, hopefully something longish, legs permitting.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Cake By The Ocean - DNCE. I've used them before, it's a favourite holiday song of mine.

That's dedication on a weekend chicksta, I hope you had a good run.

Mark tells me they amended your number collection time DD so less sitting around for you tomorrow. Do you think you'll get there before I start?

Off for my first Air BnB stay tonight - I hope it all works ok. I managed to find a double ensuite room with use of the kitchen so that I can cook our dinner and we can have our usual breakfast which I'm hoping will help prevent any GI issues this time.

What:           short and easy/packing/eating/moving
    Why:            race tomorrow
    Last hard:    leaving the sea
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Up and ready for Dirty 30
    Bright day with a little breeze
    Swim in Loch Duich yesterday evening
    Lyrics no

Have a good one Chicksta
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: officiating at county schools' track and field all day

Why: always do

Marking first: having finished my allocation have now been sent more at the last minute.

Hot and sunny here again! 

Am sure the Airbnb will be fine, LMH: I've stayed in quite a few and my daughter has stayed in lots. Never had a problem! Lots of rest today!

Hope you got a decent run in Chick, and the 30 goes well, OH

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Chick Nice early start for your run:-)

LMH: Enjoy the B+B today I am sure all will be well.

What: 11.15 miles
    Why: Because my body said lets do this
    Last hard: the fall and garmin  watch issues yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope

A nice early run and great I could extend my run although I am feeling a wee bit tired:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Sorry to hear your news, I hope the situation improves

LMH: Have a great time, home the venture in to AirBnB works out.

Welsh: Good effort there, great miles, hope the ribs aren't a lasting problem

Ale: Good on you officiating, it makes these things happen

OH: Get dirty! Hope it goes well

Chicksta: Heat, what's that again? I understand overcast and mist. Good miles clocking up.

Birthday yesterday, very busy day, squeezed in a 7 at lunchtime, then out for tea, got several bottles of Bira Moretti for my birthday, the rest of my birthday presents consited of a scooter, that coincidently my youngest daughter was after, a green girls top age 8, a white girls top age 10, girl's addidas tracksuit bottoms age 10, a drinking bottle with unicorns on, a drinking bottle with gold stardust on (with secret compartment for a snack), funky pink crocks size 2 and pink and black sketchers trainers size 3 and finally a running/fitness magazine. Overall the perfect birthday.

What: Gym later, getting to used to pyramid training now so now need to devise a new plan.

Why: Gym day, legs rest

Lyrics: Nope!

Have a good one, overcast, damp and misty here, basically it is late Oct/early Nov
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Benjy :)
    Not sure what you'd do with those presents :D

Hope all goes smoothly, LMH

Nice miles again poppy. Another big week for you.

Have fun at the site day, ale.

Time to get dirrrrty OH.

What: 18 miles
    Why: about time I started getting some longer runs in
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: 31/5
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nice running Chicksta.

Poppy, good run too.

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Benjy.  An array of gifts!

Ale, more marking!  Hope it's over soon and the school athletics goes well.

OH, go well!

LMH, lucky to love my job, I know.  I couldn't stick at something I didnt enjoy.  Hope you have a relaxed day and are all.set for tomorrow. 

Perth parkrun today, 12th in 18:27.  Fastest time of the year but disappointed, targeting something faster.  Was only 4th V45 as first and second were my age in 15:48 and 16:11.  Can't compete with that!!

Sunny day, off out for a date night with the mrs, excellent!  :)

Lyrics, nope.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH, i expect i will be there before 0900, old git white beard, no hair and a Blue Dorset Doddlers vest.

Chick: good long miles

WP:ditto

Wabo: hugs as words fail

OH: enjoy

AH: more marking, hope you’re well paid.

What: nowt
    Why: though i better rest before tomorrow 
    last Hard: thursday

lyrics: dont make me laugh

• I didn’t realise your race was today OH - hope you’ve had a good one.

Nice long run chicksta.

You really are building your runs now Poppy. Glad the rib didn’t stop play.

Happy belated birthday Benjy.

Hope you’ve been appreciated on both counts Alehouse.

DD - I will be in a purple vest and have a blondish pony tail - accompanied by a shorter shaven headed man in glasses.

Hope you have a nice night out Donaldo.

Air BnB could be either interesting or slightly scary depending on your attitude- we think the former fortunately and are quite comfortable. Unlikely to be as comfortable tomorrow unfortunately as it’s forecast to be 18C at 0900hrs. Nothing I can do about it though. I had a word with myself and only ran 3 miles this morning, really would have liked to do more as it’s going to be some time before I get to beach run again (Whitby doesn’t quite have the same expanse of firm flat sand). Less than 5 miles walked too so a very easy day, am hydrating and carb loading (I think I may be a little too good at the latter).
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Gosh Wabo hugs from me

Sorry I've been AWOL again, trying to get back into a normal rhythm again is not easy.

Thursday did 20km faster than last week. Felt strong though back is a bit sore.

This morning was taking it easy at parkrun. Finished in 24:54! Surprised as though I was working it didn't feel hard.

Now listening to the rugby (Obviously with our household this is interesting!).

Hope dirty 30 went well today oh.

Good luck tomorrow dd, lmh and mark.

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done at parkrun, Emz! Shame that the wrong half of your household is happy with the rugby! Got back from officiating and managed to catch the last half an hour. England should not such an enormous lead slip. 

And that isn't too shabby, Don!

Hope OH has had a good day! 

And go well tomorrow, LMH  and DD!

Happy unbirthdayBenjy.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Completed course but 1hslower than worst course time, 2h slower than best course time. But hey i got around! Hot and humid with some thunder.
    Strange weather in Scotland today - Comrie and Dunblane had a significant fall of hail.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

we did Air BnB for the first time in Edinburgh and loved it :-)

Go well tomorrow DD and LMH

Was hoping for a fast parkrun today, but ended up on 25 min pacing duties.... 24:47 and a few PBs to boot too.... :-)

So speed work may be on the agenda tomorrow....

Also making up for lack of halfs entered this year (0) to date... but now added Frome Half in July and Palma Half in Oct

Take care