Training for 10k

kmo86kmo86 ✭✭✭
got my first official 10k run 1st April (no not an April fools) I have been practicing well and got to running a 10k in 1 hour 41 min end of February. Since then we have had snow so meant I couldn’t do any running and I’m finding it hard to do much running now. Ok I knew I was never going to find running 10k easy before 1st April but I don’t seem to be able to get to stage where I’m finding it easier after running a while. Is there any good 10k running plans I could use or any tips on how to make it easier on the day.

i 100% will do this 10k and slow run all way but I don’t want to have to force myself through it. There is going to be 2 people there who have helped me get to doing this and I’m not letting them down but would like to find it easy at least some of the run.

Comments

• runner27runner27 ✭✭✭
    hey when i start out for a distance i always aim for a distance above the actual distance i doing, i find it helps mental doing it and physically notice a difference aswell and kepp going. If you just keep aim for 10k you will not see any difference i found.

I live near really busy roads so have to stop allow 10s walking break into it, and then shorting the time everytime get better or increase distance before i do walking break
    hope it help
    sorry if useless
  • runner27runner27 ✭✭✭
    and on the race day the atmosphere and people around you will nature give you extra boost
    first 5 & 10k race i shaved off 4-5 minutes from my practice runs
  • Good advice to aim beyond the 10k.