Tuesday, 12 June 2018 - Her body's hot

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning!!

Lyrics today: Her body's hot
Hey body's like the summer

You held it together really well, DD. That's an amazing pace for Comrades!!
Being lapped by a marathoner with a buggy is bad for the ego :(

Totally blown away by Steve Way's performance at Comrades btw. He's one of my heroes and such a nice guy.

Glad your daughter is home, wabo.

Speedy, em.

Very annoying ale. Being squirted with water would have been fun on a hot day though.

Still lovely cool and breezy here so something medium longish hopefully.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar.

I wouldn't have been amused Alehouse.

That doesn't sound like an easy session to me emzap.

Hope you've enjoyed your run chicksta, grey and cooler here this morning but still.

What:          unsure, probably a short run, maybe a swim
    Why:           trying to be sensible about recovery
    Last hard:   satisfying my appetite
    Last rest:    4/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: stretching session this evening

Why: my Pilates style day

Take it easy, LMH! Hope you got a decent MLR in, Chick.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Belated birthday wishes to Benjy
    Wabo - good to hear the daughter has been sent home, and I hope she continues to make improvements
    LmH - now the dust has settled, I hope you are pleased with the time. A lot of races have those little out and back turns to round the distance up. I've never had a garmin measured marathon of anything less than 26.4 so I always get them 'long'.
    DD - Good work on the improvement. less so on the avoidance of blisters! 
    Nice miles from Chick, volunteering skills from Ale and did I see OH in action again? 

Been at Center Parcs (Elvedon) all weekend so among the badminton, water slides, canoeing and drinking, I did a bit of running including 13.5 miles on Sunday over Thetford Forest skirting the MoD area. Didn't see a soul for around 75 minutes until I headed back to the Park!

What - short hills at the club (coaching & running)
    Why - prep for Sunday's marathon
    last rest - 10 days?
    last hard - coming back to work today..

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Well, that was a bit pants. Dunno, but someone must have stolen my legs. They weren't playing ball today and everything felt laboured so I cut my losses after 8 miles. Onwards and upwards.

Welcome back, Dustin

LMH: Always amazed by your powers of recovery.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

DD I am amazed full stop!
    Chick, I know that feeling you describe, my legs are awful at the moment
    dustin that sounds like a fantastic weekend, enjoy hills tonight
    alehouse enjoy the stretching, did tai chi this morning it felt good!
    thanks for all your good wishes re my daughter, she's not good mentally today, so tired and fed up with her body she said!
    What: race of 5 miles a league that my club takes part in called Elvis league
    why: fun
    last hard: running 2.25 miles to my son last night, it felt so hot!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

Chick: bad legs day, sometimes our bodies speak to us!

LMH: aren’t you supposed to be tired?

Dustin: thats the good thing about centre parcs, they are in the middle of nowhere. What marathon are you doing?

AH: i would not be amused being sprayed with Fanta

Wabo: enjoy the Elvis league, does everyone have to wear an Elvis jump suit?

What: warm up, 6 x 800m at about 5K pace, cool down. D & D
    Why: the need for speed
    last Hard; the fourth rep, pushed it too hard

lyrics: didn’t even bother to read them

• Sounds like a good weekend Dustin.

We all have days like that chicksta - the next run will be better.

Enjoy your race Wabo.

I am DD so I was very sensible and just went for a swim today. It's annoying though as my legs feels absolutely fine. I couldn't do speed work this soon after a race!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Chick: As  LMH said  we all get days like that then the next run is a good one just listen to your body:-)

Wabo: Big hugs  for you and Jodie and hope Elvis is slim Elvis tonight....LOL

What: 8.1 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping
    Lyrics; Nope

I had a good run PB for route which was unexpected but I will take it and bottle it for the next big girl pants run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. It still annoys me though ...

Nice to get a route PB poppy.

DD: Wot LMH said. My legs are normally toast for a week or so after a half. I don't need time off like I do after a full but there's no way I could do speed work so soon.

Went to the gym at lunchtime for 30mins of kettlebells and will do yoga tonight.

Elvis league sounds fun, wabo.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: an easy mile and physio
    Why: racing tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday (lmh it definitely was not an easy session!).
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo hope Jodie starts to feel better mentally too. She's got it tough at the mo.
    Lmh you are a machine!
    Dd good speed session
    Chick echo others' comments

Hoping racing tomorrow won't mess me up too much for Saturday's race. Tomorrow is club midweek series, Saturday is the Saxon shore relay of which I think I'm doing for 4 legs.

Have a lovely day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    dd you can dress up ha ha it's optional, I never have.  ELVIS, stands for east london 5 (k or mile) interclub series
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Where to start? Belated birthday wishes Benjy, DD great performance and wow improvement, LMH awesome pb. Ale hope results come good and you can stay relaxed. Wabo, hope your daughetr improves in leaps and bounds. WP, keep slamming in those miles. Dustin: in awe as ever of your mileage. OH good effort and rather you than me.
    Boys are back home now and I have a few days on my own, days of uncertainty. Friday's run ended with two bouts in last two clicks and then HR took 24 hours to get back to normal (RHR 51 but stayed 90+...not good news) Took until today off and went for a slowish run into Marbella along the beach. Lot of different surfaces  and generally great fun but 5k in had another wee wobble. Only a 219 and 90 seconds to get back down but not what was wanted. Cut down the pace and finished off the run before taking the bus back to resort. Happily HR back to normal after bus ride. Will take early bus to Marbella tomorrow and run/jog back. Need to even up the tan both sides and prefer point to point than out and back :-)
    What:12.5k slow
    Why: Had pleanty of time to do it and needed the miles
    Last Hard: Not running for three days
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Not today

• Sorry to hear that the svt is playing up SC - any reason for it to do so or is it totally random?