Wednesday 13th June 2018 - Where you gonna go

Morning.

Lyrics - Where you gonna go

Where are you gonna hide?

Lovely morning here and a nice day forecast - a shame I shall be spending most of it in a windowless room <<sigh>>

What:           short and easy
Why:            work stops play
Last hard:    not eating everything that didn't move yesterday
Last rest:     didn't run yesterday
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning, 
    LmH - I symapthise. If I squint hard enough I can just make out a window down the far end of the office. Still, it's better than the old floor where we were previously: tucked into an office between the toilets and the lift shafts.
    SC - sounds like you're making the most of the local buses!
    DD - my clubs half/full, not going full effort (think long Sunday run pace)
    this one > http://hampshiretrailmarathon.co.uk/
    See you next year?

What - Steady lunchtime miles / coaching tonight
    Why - recovery after 8x250 hills last night (that's distance, not ascent!)
    last rest - couple of weeks
    last hard - clinging to the 'fast' group last night
    lyric - think I do, yes.

• Couldn't/wouldn't work in a windowless room.
    What: day's work then track session
    Why: that's what's on calendar
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no

Hoy HM Saturday ...
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning all, windowless room, I dont envy you that!

Club session last night, 7 x 3 mins fast with 1 min recovery.  Brutal but pleased I finished them all at a very similar pace.

In a shock development I have a 1 mile proper race on the track tonight.  Bricking it as haven't raced on the track for 22 years.  Lucky it's based on estimated time so should be running against people of similar abilities.  Club are running it but its a national event with Steph Pennycook running the elite female race and sub-4 hoped for in the elite male race.  I don't know what I will get but I put down 5:20 on the form.  

Lyrics, maybe.  
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Don - based on your 5k time, I suspect you may be a touch quicker, but have fun.
    Oh, it will hurt too.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    SC sorry to hear about the SVT, we are hoping for answers tomorrow about Jodie's ITP (and SVT) its a bit much! WOndering if the two may be connected.  We'll see. Anyway enjoy your multi surface runs and I hope the SVT settles
    Lyrics no
    LMH enjoy your short and easy, I used to be windowless, but they changed the office 
    Dustin have a good double day weds
    AOH enjoy your day
    Donaldo, I get that feeling but I bet you are buzzing after the track!

Once again I felt shattered doing a 5 mile race, I'm thinking that in previous times of such bad stress as this current one I just stopped running.  Therefore I was not aware how hard it feels to run when a loved one is in hospital and really poorly.  I feel sluggish and legs like running through treacle, BUT i am glad that I am running every day even though it feels so hard right now.

what: such a crazy tough 1.3 miles. I know!
    Why: this is my rest day
    last hard: well that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Stress definitely has an impact Wabo - remember to look after yourself too.

I don't have a choice OH - it's 'work in this room or don't work'.

Hope you have a good race Donaldo and surprise yourself.

Don't forget to save something for the weekend Dustin.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

wabo: I can relate. I felt absolutely drained when first dad and then my hubby were in hospital and I was scared shitless. Hope they sort your daughter out sooner rather than later. And what LMH said: don't forget to look after yourself. Easier said then done, I know. But your family needs you.

Don: scary prospect. Hope it goes well.

LMH: Windowless rooms should be banned.

I put my back out doing yoga last night. Such an idiot ... can't believe I whacked my knee last week and now my back. Gosh, this getting old business sucks.

What: just a mile, then I stopped as back too painful
    Why: see above
    Last hard: back pain isn't nice
    Last rest: 31/5
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Maroon 5, This summer's gonna hurt (little did I know when I picked them yesterday...)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Wait until you get to my age, Chick...!

What: a short run shortly!

Why: worked this morning when I had planned to run. Yesterday Ofsted phoned the school I work in to say they were inspecting for two days, starting at 7:30 this morning, so was asked to work. Always quite stressful!

Wabo: glad you ran Elvis! And there is little wonder that you are currently struggling!

SC: sorry to hear about incidents!

Race well, Don: it will be some sort of Vet PB at least!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Wabo: kudos for being out there at the moment.

Dustin; AA once of the sub 3-30 thread is doing North Hants, always nice to do one without pressure.

Don: i suspect you will love being on the track.

SC: SVT is scary I hope it settles down

Chick: Kalamity Kris?

LMH: shouldn’t be allowed

AH: Ofsted enough to send any school into a tailspin.

What: 50+ miles on the bike to Salisbury and back down the Wylie valley and back up the Chalke valley, some of the most beautiful bits of SW Wilts

Why: Didn’t want to run today, did enough of that yesterday

Last Hard: Yesterdays intervals

last rest: Saturday

lyrics: no idea   
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Wow! Where to start? LMH Hobson's choice but still rubbish.(I'm with OH). Donaldo: Good luck. Look forward to the report. Ale: Sympathise re Ofsted!  DD a change is as good as a rest. Chicksta: I'll take growing old versus the alternative! :-) Dustin: yep, buses are reasonably good and reasonably regular so why not? Tomorrow will be run to Marbella and out the other side with fast bus back I hope. Dustin/OH enjoy the sessions. Ale, hope you got that run. Wabo: Don't underestimate effects of stress and be gentle on yourself.
    LMH: No correlation with SVT episodes and one single thing. Can happen with a sneeze, shock, exertion, stress so just get on with it and try not to worry as that can bring it on too.
    So after yesterday took the bus out and it overran my stop and I had to push out a bit to the east to make the run at least match yesterday. It's a joy looking at the sand and wondering if it's as firm as it looks and then discovering not. The coastline here varies every few hundred yards from sand to shale to shingle to pebbles to rock with varying cambers so it's great for core stability and working on those ankles. Bit hot today at 24 degrees when I set off but fun
    What: 13k
    Why: Miscalculated
    Last hard: Today
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds a good run, SC! And yes, I got out for my plod: 3.2k on shale paths from Fletcher Moss (OH and OL will know most of the paths...and where is the latter?!)
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I wondered where you were Alehouse - hope it went ok? Glad you managed a run.

It sounds as though you're making the most of it SC - how much longer do you have out there?

Oh dear chicksta, I hope it's soon better.

Do you have any more races entered DD?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: club 12km
    Why: it''s a club event, be rude not to
    Last hard: this will be
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo more hugs and well wishes being sent your way.  Good on you for keeping up the running during this incredibly stressful time, but do remember to look after yourself too.

Don good luck!

Physio did some painful massage and strapped up the calves last night and they feel much better today.  Let's hope the strapping holds until Saturday evening.
  • Have a good one emzap. You could always buy some tape and replace the strapping yourself if necessary.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

sorry been AWOL work really stressing at present.

Nice break tonight as had a local hard 10k, still have Edinburgh in the legs so really happy with sub 45 (44:54). Mrs RFJ took a leaf out of my book with a tumble.

Take care all