Friday 15th June 2018 - Meet me in the crowd, people, people

Morning.

Lyrics - Meet me in the crowd, people, people

It's a bit different to yesterday morning - still and mild, hoping to enjoy some time outside before my windowless room traps me (though only for a short time today fortunately).

What:              short and easy
Why:               trying to be sensible in my recovery
Last hard:       being sensible isn't always easy
Last rest:        12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: probably just a short run, plus a walk

Why: trying to be sensible (and too unfit to do much more!)

Seeing consultant this evening re back MRI/CT/X-ray and blood results so hope to have something reassuring to report!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    what - easy few miles
    why - busy weekend
    last rest - two weeks
    last hard - Tuesday
    Our club host a half/full this Sunday.
    Tomorrow will be spent setting up the start/finish area and transporting the contents for 750 goody bags to the venue, which includes 600 litres of (bottled) water.
    Possibly some course marking /clearing (nettle hacking) followed by the small matter of a marathon on Sunday (easy run pace) then clearing up and drinking beer.

• DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning

What: cycle to pool, swim, cycle home
    Why; easy day
    Last Hard: Yesterday’s club race
    Last rest: 9/06

Finished 3/33 in club handicap race, fastest 5 & 10K times since starting back, by a large margin. Beaten by a novice woman who I realised last week at speed work was a bit quicker than most newbies and a club mate with a very dubious handicap who started in front of me even though I have never beaten him ( he won by miles). Best of all no one from behind overtook me. Happy enough with my evenings work
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Good to see there is a positive outcome at the moment

EMZ: Cracking result. Saturday sounds like an interesting one, looking forward to hearing about it.

Dustin: Dogs, I know what you are saying there. I get chased by a dog probably at least every second run, I do go places where they are often off leads (although public places so should be on a lead if they are likely to chase or be vicious), most cases they are lalloping playful things, but the problem is you never now until the point they get to you, some however are pretty vicious, I’ve had my hand in a dog’s mouth a few times, not me striking out, meaning the dog has lunged at my hand/arm. Not a lot can be done really as most of these dogs “have never done this before”. I do sympathise and laugh it off with pleasantries though for the owners that do genuinely try to control their dogs but it just hasn’t worked out for them, can’t can’t condemn somebody that tries and has good intentions. Dog rant over.

DD: Hill strategy, like it. That’s a cracking result with the 3/33 place, well done.

SC: Love the reports, reminds me of Uncle Travelling Matt from Fraggle Rock who used to send back reports of his adventures/travels. Although “on the run in Marbella” provides an interesting context.

Ale: OFSTED, say no more, bed’s made, collars starched, paperwork in order. My giddy aunt, still makes me white as a sheet hearing OFSTED.

LMH: Tiptop with sneaky six. Cheese now you are talking, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, it just comes and goes sporadically, however cheese…

Don: Character building, got to have an off day now again. I have them quite a lot ha ha

Chicksta: “They're usually shite after having won and go home early.” that made me laugh, nice one. Bloody good running there the pain you are enduring.

Welsh: I imagine you are out running at the moment, through the use of a modified Dalorian car I am going to say good miles there!

Got a load of moderation work to do today from home and reports to write up from previous, indoors day, supposed to be a gym day today, but fancy run instead to get out. Might do a combination, not done before, run to gym, shorter run and reduced sets range for weights. Yes I think I will do that.

What: To summarise, a radical concept, 3.5 mile run, 2x10 sets DB Presses & Bench Press

Why: To make the day different

Lyrics: Yep!

C’mon clouds break! Got BBQ this evening.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You like a good old smack-down, DD. Well done!

Dustin: Sounds like the perfect weekend for a runner :)

Hope the results are conclusive, ale.

wabo: I hope that means Jodie is getting better.

Hope the recovery is going well, LMH.

What: 9 miles
    Why: nice morning for it apart from the millions of flies that were out this morning
    Last hard: avoiding flies
    Last rest 31/5
    Lyrics: Yes
    Yesterday's were Hurt so bad, Linda Ronstadt
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

It does mean Jodie is getting better, what we don't know is does she now have ITP and therefore her platelets will drop again or was it just a one off. We will see in time. Sorry it is blooming confusing.
    Chicksta, pesky flies, they stick to my face like mad, hope you are not the same!
    Benjy what a great compromise! Enjoy
    DD is doing similar but bike and pool
    alehouse good luck, hope for something positive, have a nice walk
    lmh enjoy your short and easy, when's your next race?

what: 1.5 miles this morning actually felt a bit better than of late
    why: who knows
    last hard: this morning though last nights 2.5 miles way harder
    last rest: 31/12/16

Park run tomorrow, 50 shirt on its way!
    have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Nice result DD.

Hope it's good news Alehouse.

It's a lovely morning here Benjy - much nicer than was forecast, hope it brightens up for your BBQ, run/gym combo is one I occasionally do. It's good to be flexible with your training.

Glad you had a better run Wabo, maybe a little of the stress is lifting. Nothing entered until VLM at the moment, just running for the love of it.

It seems to be thanks chicksta, I'm trying to be sensible and just ran a comfortable ten miles this morning.

Sounds like a busy weekend Dustin, hope all goes smoothly and you enjoy your marathon.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    anybody on here do the Bridges relay up London?  Next weds its on.  Just curious as I'll be doing it
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning, 

Well I am home a trip to GFS yesterday and an over night stay in Stratford saw me out running early:-)

What: 6.5 miles
    Why: Because I can and I like running in new places
    Last hard:  Sleeping  past few days

I saw 2 swans on the river along with 6!! baby swan's parents were very proud,Also some morehens and lots of ducks  and ducklingsI also so saw old barges I ran along tow path but before that I was running country lanes and private farm roads were i saw 7 horses. I made the route up and very enjoyable it was but hayfever was really bad at 5am:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

WP/LMH both at GFS? Love Stratford. Couple of nice 10k there too.
    Wabo: Good news coming I jhope and for Ale too.
    Benjy: With you on the dog front: Good luck with the write ups.
    Nice miles Chicksta and busy weekend Dustin
    Good results all round DD
    Short and easy LMH, short and easy???
    Bus to Mtown again today. Checked I hadn't been followed and no one on my tail as I ran out west and dropped down to the prom for the run back. No gangsters in sight so felt safe and proceeded towards the port before hitting the beach with 9k to go. Tide out further today so more opportunity to play ebb and flow tide tag like a big kid. No wind so blisteringly hot and factor 30 proved to be sensible option for coverage on today's jaunt. Haven't leaked so much since Honolulu Marathon. Had two x 500ml water with me and needed both. Hardest part today was a shale sectrion.  Sinking then struggling to push off. Who needs deep squats. Acknowledged over 20 runners today and just one returned a gesture. That's life. Biggest run  of the holiday so far and one of the most enjoyable even if somewhat tiring. Probably walk anothe 5 or 6 miles later and get in some more reading/beer/rose/fish after a little appointment with QoP. Third and last of the holiday. She's good but boy does she find some spots to make me smile.
    What: 14k
    Why: Twas what I planned
    Last hard: Today
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics; Oh yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    great post SC! Love it!
  • We were indeed both at the GFS SC and managed to meet up for a few hours. I'm liking the sound of your runs.
  • Swim in chlorine pit
    why: loosen up legs
    last hard: Wednesday
    last rest: Tuesday 
    lyrics no

Deliberately not running today
    (will likely wash the chorine off in the sea later)
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    SC, you ask what i would do differently if I raced a mile again.  Probably go harder at the starter and try to go harder for longer at the end. Had way too much left.

Rest today, first one for a while.  Potentially parkrunning tomorrow.

Lyrics - yes, a favourite of mine, great choice!