Monday 18th June 2018 The sun is out,

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning! Late start!

Lyrics: The sun is out, the sky is blue

Rather grey here, despite the lyrics, as is my mood...

What: nothing

Why: knee prevents play. Will be trying to get advice shortly. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Grey Day by Madness.

I forgot to start the thread this morning - distracted by feeling rough which turned into a bad stomach, it would appear that my MiL has poisoned me, no idea how as she's really good at the no wheat bit. Managed to walk Grace ok so I'm hoping that the worst is over though I will be planning my run route carefully.

I feel your frustration Alehouse, you really seem to have had a bad run of it for far too long now. I hope that you can get some good advice and are soon back on the road. It started very grey here this morning but is trying to brighten up now.

Nice to see you Ollie.

What:           easy miles how many depending mostly on how my stomach behaves
    Why:            I want to run
    Last hard:    I'm not doing hard
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    looks set to be a smashing day here
    what - easy lunchtime run / QoP tonight
    why - recovery / iron out the knots
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - all weekend (physically)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ollie: Nice to see you posting last night.

Ale: You must be so frustrated as it seems one thing after another!!

Chick: Nice miles for the week well done:-)

LMH: I hope tum settles down!
    Dstin: well done on weekend events and running a marathon on top!

What: 5.65 miles
    Why: Pretty tired so needed an easier day
    Last Hard: getting out of bed
    Lyrics Yes

I am hoping an easier day will help with tiredness.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    well done on a tired day Poppy
    dustin enjoy the run and the QoP (??)
    LMH poor you, take it easy!
    alehouse, hope the knee isnt too bad

i have a bad back and hate to say but I think my OH is to blame... I was happily out running with a mate yesterday and heard a bike skid right behind me on the bridle path, I know I tensed as I expected to be hit and though I must have jumped left or something.  It happened so quick, anyway it was my OH playing games.  Back fired in a massive way. A short while later when I got out of my car after the run I just had such pain in my lower back, burning and so hard to do things like put your socks on!! He feels bad, I do think he caused it as it was fine and it is the sort of thing that happens sudden :-(
    what: a very painful 13min mile 
    why: thought maybe it will loosen up
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Feel sorry for myself :-(

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    no pun intended with the back fired comment but not bad hey
    always look on the bright side of life and all that....
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good to see you, Ollie. And congrats on the bling.

Ouch, ale :(  I hope it's shorted lived and temporary, maybe just brought on by running a bit again and due to disappear into the distance sooner rather than later.

LMH: Sorry to hear about your stomach woes. Hope it settles.

Dustin: A good day's work. You must be pleased. Great job on dragging your mate around to a sub 4 :+1:

Poppy: an easier day is sensible. And it pays off. Not running yesterday awarded me with a really nice run this morning and an average pace I haven't seen on an easy run lately :)

What: 10 and a bit miles
    Why: lovely morning for it
    Last hard: hard is overrated
    Last rest: 31/5
    Lyrics: no

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    xpost wabo: Ouch!! Back pain is something I can relate to only too well :(  Hope it's just a bit twisted and nothing serious.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Wabo! Hope it is short-lived!

Physio appointment at 11:45...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice pacing Dustin.

Try some heat on it and keep moving Wabo - hopefully it will go as quickly as it came.

Hope the physio can sort you out Alehouse.

I'm glad you had a good run chicksta.

I'm with on the tired front Poppy, glad you were able to get out regardless.

Fortunately whatever upset my system seems to have passed through now.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good news LMH
    keeping moving it's so horrible Chick you're not wrong
  • Just joining in on the bench thread!

Yesterday was not a good day.
    Going well until 6.5 miles, the top of the biggest hill then bilateral plantar impact pain kicked in. Not on arch but just the parts which actually strike the ground. Severe enough to curtail speed and any enjoyment of 2nd part. Hobbled in in 2h27m30 (previous course times 1h58-2h09).
    This pain has occured in last few races and does not appear to be footwear related.
    Reconsidering At Magnus Marathon but have sports podiatrist appt on Thursday ...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sorry to hear you are struggling, OH! Hope you get some answers. 

So, physio report: saw a guy that I have met but have never been treated by and was glad I chose him! He often treats footballers and hence has a particular interest in knees! I was not at all surprised when he said that I have almost certainly damaged my meniscus. Ice, elevation, ibruprofen etc and no running for at least two weeks. Was pleased to hear him say gentle stretching (some new exercises) including pilates and non-weight bearing exercise such as the cross trainer and exercise bike. Have also booked hydrotherapy session with my own physio for Friday pm. Now to speak with the bank manager...

Just checked my emails and I have extra work on Wednesday and Friday which should help finance things!

Wish he had banned me from ironing...at least I can watch the football whilst wading through the latest pile.

• DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Afternoon 

Dustin: an all round top effort

LMH: pleased that the worst is past

AH: man you have bad luck and have to do the ironing 

OH: hope you find out the cause

Wabo: hopefully nothing too long lasting or serious

Chick: you pack in the miles.

Someone asked about Bushy park PR the other day, its flat, a mixture of heath trails and tarmac, not too many tight turns. From the photos mrs DD took its quite pretty but I wasn’t looking! Overcrowded and getting out the car park took forever.

What: rode the Immortal Tri bike course as a TT, new best time by 2-45 mins but still not quick enough.

Why: The Immortal ½ IM is on my bucket list.

last hard: that was, there was nothing more in the tank

last rest 09/06

Lyrics: probably 

• That doesn't sound good OH - do you have an idea of what the problem is?

How badly Alehouse? I'm glad you can still do something - and that the universe has provided on the finance front.

You are improving so quickly it's amazing DD.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Can't tell how bad the damage is, as yet, LMH. If no real improvement in two weeks or so will be referred for a scan. 
  • No idea but pretty sure it's neither plantar fascitis nor stress fractures.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Busy thread here today. Got home just after three this morning and into work for just before 10.00. Slightly fatigued and legs aching a bit. Hmmm.
    Dustin: Good effort and very philanthropic
    LMH: Ooops
    AH: Ouch. Hope the future holds no keyholes. I have some post holiday ironing if you're at the table. :-)
    OH: That sounds a tad painful. Hope it's not lasting.
    Wabo: To err is human.....Hope you aren't benched.
    Chick: Good effort
    WP: Tired here to but won't be matching you
    What: TKD
    Why: Monday night, time to teach.
    Last hard: Realising I wasn't going to run today
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes and hope they aren't appropriate!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh Alehouse, hope it eases up soon and hope you get lots of work!
    SC, I did a mile this morning not pretty. I have two races this week it does make me fed up I had such a good training week last week. never mind
    I know these lyrics..
    SC enjoy the teaching, hopefully you run tomorrow
    DD I like a bit of park run tourism!
    OH sorry to hear about your pain I do hope that's not long lasting, I did think I may get benched this morning, hope not
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Arthritis, OH? I have it in both big toe joints (basically the ball of the foot). It hurts when I run and sometimes when I rest but I can live with it. Cushioned shoes help. I had to give up on minimalistic running shoes and stilettoes :D

Ale: Oh man, how did that come about then? Having said that, two weeks doesn't sound too bad ... Having to do the ironing on top of being banned from running sucks.

SC: Welcome home

DD: amazing the way you push your limits. And it pays off.

Glad your stomach has settled, LMH.

• Don't think it's arthritis as I can move all joints without any pain and worst pain is right across all the metatarsal heads. Was just as bad in Hokas (initially I had blamed them) so cushioned shoes no help. Suppose i'll have to jettison my stilettos!
  • It sounds as though you need a little time to recover from your holiday SC!

Strange how it came on so suddenly and bilaterally OH. Hope the pod can give you some answers and a solution.

Me too chicksta - I was quite worried this morning! Should have known something was wrong when I didn't wake up hungry:-)
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Joining many of you on the bench too.  Tried to run but only managed a mile due to very painful Achilles and very stiff legs in general. Walked home.  

Perhaps time for a week off to let the Achilles rest properly.

Hope everyone is better tomorrow or as soon as possible! 

Lyrics, yes.