Thursday 21st June 2018 - In the gloom the gathering storm abates

Morning.

Lyrics - In the gloom the gathering storm abates

It's a bright start to the day here but a bit blowy.

Hope you get some answers today OH (I think it's your pod appointment?).

What:           hoping for a MLR
Why:            I have a silly plan to run another marathon soon
Last hard:    balancing recovery and progress
Last rest:     12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Always a depressing day as the days start to grow shorter...

What: fitness suite again

Why: somewhat limited at present
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Good morning all
    What - coaching the U11s 
    Why - It's easy Thursday
    last rest - 1/6
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope
  • Pod appt
    Sore feet
    Last hard Sunday
    Last rest yesterday apart from short therapeutic sea swim.
    Lyrics no

Longest day today
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 11.15 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: This week and getting enough sleep
    Lyrics:nope

It is indeed the longest day -Yay to snuggling under the blankets and no Hayfever:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Delicate balancing act, LMH.

ale: it's all going to go downhill from here ...

Dustin: Enjoy the coaching

OH: are your feet any better?

Poppy: superb mileage :+1:  You have a more positive take on the days getting shorter

What: nothing yet and I may well have a CNBA day today
    Why: windy and wet - absolutely chucking it down today. Temperature dropped from 27 yesterday to 13 today and my head is exploding (never good with dramatic weather changes)
    Last hard: waking up with a raging headache
    Last rest: 31/5
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Nevermind, Dennis Lloyd

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

chicksta I did not know your lyrics yesterday at all, not sure what I thought  - poor you with the head!
    wp, thud, what miles!!!
    OH sorry to hear the feet are sore, must be horrid
    Dustin enjoy the coaching!
    alehouse enjoy the suite, dont worry about the longest day 
    LMH enjoy the mlr, its a beautiful day!

WHat: 1 mile round my daughters road then and quick pop up for hello and kisses! race tonight...
    why: its a beautiful day why not
    last hard: getting out the car after the drive to work
    last rest: 31/12/16

my back is so much worse when sitting!!!
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning

OH: hope you get some answers

AH; when i lived in Dubai i was always happy today, winter was coming!

WP; more big miles

Chick: hope head soon better

Wabo: im guessing the back is better if your racing, good luck.

What: no idea yet
    Why: got to fly to Ghana for work but no schedule yet
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 09/06

Lyrics; ?
  • That's some work trip DD - hope it doesn't disrupt training too much:-)

Hope your head is feeling better chicksta. I think it always feels colder when it's a dramatic change.

Can't say I share your enthusiasm Poppy.

Glad you're feeling well enough to race Wabo.

I agree Alehouse, depressing is my take on it. Any progress with your knee?

Enjoy the easy day Dustin.

I was not feeling the love this morning, I know it's bad when cleaning the bathroom is more of an appealing prospect than getting out for my run! Of course once I was out I enjoyed myself and the run became better as I went so despite thinking that I might cut today short and do a few extra miles before work tomorrow when the forecast is better I managed my MLR and feel better for it. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the marathon or not now. P seems intent on doing the minimum that I feel he needs to have a chance at his GFA and I don't feel like spending the money and using my time to go if he isn't committed, never mind putting the training in myself. 
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all. Made it to Bal...was being driven
    Benchies: Hope you all get sorted soon and have full understanding of current known and remaining  yet to be diagnosed issues asap.
    I love today as it is a culmination of escape from SAD and it's longer until the clocks go back than from clocks went forward. I do dread the next solstice as that when the bad stuff sneaks in.
    DD: Bit of a trek.
    LMH: Understand those feeling
    WP: Excellent
    Chicksta: Oh dear
    Wabo: Aww...nice
    Race report: Strategy: Stck behind 45 pacer and/or keep <160bpm
    1st K seemed brisk: 4.17, but was flattish as was 2nd but acer better at 4.25, 3rd click undulating and spot on 4.30, going well and ticker behaving through flattish 4 in 4.23, 4-5 was trailish terrain and mildly undulating picking up to 4.19. Through 6 bang on 4.30 and then the flat course as described, climbed on road, shallow but constant for a full K reflected in the 4.47...that'll be why the pacer put some in the bank then. Up to 8 was rise and fall in 4.37 before downhill flat in to 9 in 4.28 before  last  K steeply flat down in 4.09. Who describes these courses? Only downfall of the DB max events is that they aren't UKA licenced and so Run Britain don't recognise them so can be waste of a good effort if chasing your handicap.
    Happily 75/647+ and 16VM50/77 so no complaints. SB and something to smile at my cardiologist about...Now about that sub 1.45 half :smile: Running to HR can be frustrating especially when so much there in legs and lungs but....
    What: Rest
    Why: recovery/taper/Bala day
    Last hard: Tuesday night
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: No

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    DD I keep thinking about your comment and tbh all day long sitting at my desk my back feels cr*p so I think maybe I should not race :-(
    nice one SC! 

• Good going SC - that sub 1.45 half is going to be yours.

Wabo - can you keep getting up and having a wander for five minutes every hour at least?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH I am trying but I have a ton of work to do that involves typing and sitting
    I'm not racing. 
    It's only a race!!! I'm going home and will rest as best as I can.  Stand up and watch the football I guess.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo good decision
    DD that's an interesting place to go on a work trip
    SC great race report
    OH how was the pod?

What: 2 km
    Why: testing calves and back before race tomorrow.  Calves were ok.  Back is only bad when sitting too long (all the traffic jams I've sat in this week is what set it off) so only just starting to notice it again today.
    Last hard: Monday
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo how is Jodie?
    LMH frustrating about P.

Have a lovely day all.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap, jodie is lots better, put some pounds on due to steroids but she does look better and feels better which is good.  She needs a blood test to see whats going on but hopefully it will all be settled.

• Sounds like the best decision Wabo.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad back too emzap. What's tomorrow's race? It's difficult with P, obviously it's entirely up to him what he does but it frustrates me when he asks for my advice and I spend time working out a schedule, running with him etc for him to then just decide to do less and come up with some excuse as to why he's done so when I challenge him. I shouldn't let it bother me really but when I try to be less involved he doesn't like that either <<sigh>>
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Pod:
    no symptoms/signs to suggest serious pathology PF/metatarsalgia/stress#/arthritis
    most obvious finding was lack of cushioning (adipose) over base of foot.
    some inflexibility of my big toe.
    awaiting gait analysis (videos done)

likely to be helped by appropriate insole
    looking to getting me fit for marathon rather than saying no

first time in my life that I can recall being told I have insufficient adipose tissue! (even if it is just on my soles) 

basically good news  :D
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Good to hear Jodie's improving. Steroid therapy likely to be short term and some of that weight gain likely to be due to fluid retention which will be temporary.
  • Feet improved but not quite right yet after resting this week.
    Opprtunity to join others in solstice run to top of Wideford Hill in the Simmer Dim for midnight toninight ??
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ha you need fat feet oh!

Race is another relay. Meant to be teams of 4 but we are only 2 so will each do it twice.

Frustrating lmh... Hard to know what to do though. Ultimately you are being nice giving up time to help him and he must realise that...
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Had to chuckle re. fat feet :D.

Frustrating indeed LMH.

Glad to hear Jodie is better, wabo. And probably best to protect that back. Sitting is the worst you can do.

Cardiologist check up today. All set for Berlin. Managed 200W on the stress ECG bike :)
  • Excellent news chicksta.

I have the same issue with a lack of fat on the soles of my feet OH - my pod says it's age related:-( Hope you enjoy the run tonight.

A local relay emzap? How many miles will you be doing each leg?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Very local and this time it's laps. Each of which is 3 km