Tuesday, 26 June 2018 - I still dream of Orgonon

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning

Still grey out there but we've lost the wind.

Today's lyrics: I still dream of Orgonon
I wake up crying

Slept better so hopefully a medium long run today.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hot n The City by Billy Idol.

Nice use of your lunch break chicksta. Glad the weather has improved a little for you, it's forecast to be another scorcher here today, must remember the sun cream.

What:          MLR or LSR
    Why:           making the most of the weather
    Last hard:   working out what to do next
    Last rest:    12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 8.45 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard the heat and sleeping
    Lyrics : Oh yes indeed:-)

Another slow run so that is all this week bet it is the heat and lack of sleep oh well it will come right when the cooler weather arrives.....PLEASE

Garmin update finally after 9 days they have responded and  will take my 230 back and send me a refurbished one to factory settings so a result but a long time to wait.I am pretty happy with my 310 xt thank goodness I had it to fall back on.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: Pilates type session this evening

Why: Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    11 and a bit miles done. Legs incredibly heavy. Must be the lack of sleep. Or the silly 5 miler I did yesterday. Anyway, it's miles in the bank even though today was a bit too laboured for my liking.

Poppy: Good outcome re. Garmin. You and me both with the slow runs this week :)

Enjoy your run (LMH) and Pilates type sesh (ale).
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Another stunning day here
    What - club session, not sure what yet. I may do track instead.
    Why - It's Tuesday. I have no races on the calendar but want to spend a couple of months trying to get my short speed down.
    Lats rest - 1/6
    last hard - yesterday.
    Vets League, match 3 - Dodged the steeplechase bullet, but as soon as the gun went I was sort of missing it...Instead signed up for the 400 and the 1500 not realizing one followed the other (schoolboy error).
    If you want to know true pain, run a 400. Just looked and this was my first 'race' since 2009. Had a club mate on the lane inside and could hear him all the way, half expecting him to come past me on the second bend as the stagger unwound.
    I ran through the accumulation of glue, treacle and other miscellaneous gloop that had assembled in the home straight and managed to hold him off , comfortably in the end given the finish times (68.6 for me versus his 71.0).
    Went over to the 1500 start and tried to keep active. My coach - a V65 - wanted to run 88s laps for a 5m30, which I guessed would be about the limit of my abilities after the 4. 
    Went off what I thought was conservatively but first lap in 84 (oops), eased back, and took the next 400 in about 90 (2:54), picked it up a little wanting 4:02 at the bell - for an 88 last lap. Go through the bell and spot on as the timekeeper calls "4:01, 4:02" as I go past. Check over the shoulder and coach just behind and am working hard to maintain the pace, but sense he's dropping off a fraction. Hit the home straight and push on to the line, he crosses a couple of seconds behind me. My side of the bargain fulfilled: 5:29.5
    He was around 5:31/5:32 - not quite there but very pleased nevertheless.
    Ah , I love track!

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Dustin: Admire the tenacity and the pacing. 
    WP: I'm with you and Chicksta on the heat front
    Ale: Hope the pilates is helping
    LMH/Chicksta enjoy MLR :-) Is that the right word?
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Something gentle at lunchtime
    Why: Club night tonight
    Last hard: Realising I might not run W/Th
    Last Rest: Last week somewhen
    Have a good day everyone
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    SC enjoy your club run, hope you can get more in
    Dustin, wow massive admiration re the track stuff I know that treacle thing you talk about!!
    chick good miles anyway! Well done
    alehouse enjoy the pilates
    LMH enjoy yours hope you like running in the heat!

My back still hurts but I am still running.  It's the only time it doesn't hurt tbh

what: 1.5 miles early doors
    why: trying to keep ticking over
    last hard: that was (not too bad though)
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 5k is too short and painful for me Dustin! Nice racing and pacing.

I'm loving the weather - about 18C when I set off for my run this morning according to the Met Office. I just accept that it's not going to be fast and enjoy being out and bimbling, a really lovely LSR this morning.

Sorry to hear that your back is still bothering you Wabo.

Don't wish the summer away please Poppy:-)

SC - I find it much easier to go out and run in the heat than the cold and wet. No company for running Wednesday/Thursday or work/life getting in the way?

I hope it's not long until you're back on the road Alehouse - do you think things are moving in the right direction?

You've been putting in some good miles chicksta, I always find there's a period of slower running as I build mileage, it could just be that. You don't need to be fast at the minute, just get the miles in the bank and wait for the speed to come back - it will.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    LMH: Scan on ticker tomorrow just after lunch so need to behave and Thursday is the 12 hour round trip to Bala.
    Baking outside and thinking "Really?" Must encourage self out the door even with club tonight :-)
    Please Poppy, stay with the nice long days for a few weeks more and just a little bit of this nice warm sun.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    agree about longer days! Good luck tomorrow sc
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Would a run influence the scan SC? Your long day to Bala and back is a pain - must be very wearing. Embrace the heat!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    SC: Good luck with scan tomorrow and hope whilst at club tonight you can rope in some early morning buddies for running.
    You do so well  to run in the mid day heat.
    12 hours in a hot car i hope the aircon will be on :-)

It is so hard but I do like the longer lighter days if only it could be 12 degrees that would be perfect:-)

Dustin Wowsers I think sum's it up:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon! And a decidedly hot one here: 32 on several thermometers! Daren't think what temperature it was in the classroom today. Yet Benjy will probably report in to say that it is cold in Scarborough, sea fret and no sun (at least that's what they said on the cricket commentary). Right, a quick bite to eat and off to do my big stretch session!

Dustin: good session last night! 

Hope all goes well tomorrow, SC! Long to wait for results?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Managed 10 x 300m with 200m recoveries at club last night.  All relatively consistent too.

What: just a walk with my OH around the canal this evening.
    Why: it's too hot for too much more and I'm being sensible (calves don't hurt after last night, so want to keep that going!)
    Last hard: last night
    Lyrics: nope

SC can I ask you about SVT please.  I remember there's a trick you can use when you get an attack, something using your fingers on your corotid or something...do you know what it is?  Club mate sounds like he has SVT so said I'd ask for him.

LMH sounds like you're enjoying running in this weather.
    Dustin another great track meet!
    Chick great run this morning.
    Wabo has someone looked at your back?

With you all on the sleeping, it's too hot and there's a bird that sits outside our window and starts making a racket at 5 every morning!  Should take a leaf out of Chick's book and get up and go running then!

Have a lovely evening all.
  • That's about my usual wake up time in the summer emzap - a lovely time of day. Good news that your calves are ok. I'd far rather be too warm than wet, cold and miserable.

Hope the AC is good in your fitness suite Alehouse - and that the weather in Benjy's area improves in the next couple of weeks!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I often find the aircon too cold, LMH! Are you off to Whitby again some time soon? And I'm with you on the not being wet and/or cold. 
  • Me too Alehouse - though not in my gym fortunately. Yes, second week in July so not long to wait:-)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey. So you guys have our heat now...

Fingers crossed SC.

My gym is always stuffy. They have aircon but it's either shite or not switched on...

I wish it was only one bird, em.... We have a whole sparrow colony invading our roof. Sometimes I'd like to shoot them. They're so noisy but I've taken a fancy to those cheeky little buggers.
  • What: cross exercise
    11:00 Kayak 6.7 miles. 18:00 Sea swim. Now off to badminton (might run the 0.7 miles there.)
    Why: why not?
    Lyrics as usual.

No heat wave here although I was kayaking in t-shirt
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick, I was thinking a sling shot would be a good weapon :)
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    chicksta said:
    Morning

Still grey out there but we've lost the wind.

Today's lyrics: I still dream of Orgonon
    I wake up crying
    Never knew what that opening line was, let alone that the narrative of the song was based around Willhelm Reich.