Wednesday 27th June 2018 - I'm tired of telling the story

Morning.

Lyrics - I'm tired of telling the story

It's forecast to be another good one here but it's a bit of a dull start.

What:            short and easy or a MLR/gym programme
Why:             no work so have time but have run a fair few miles already this week/need to fit it in
Last hard:     not staying out in the sun too long
Last rest:      12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

What: dentist and maybe something easy
     Why: it's another scorcher here
    Last hard: waking up.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good one all
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I did not get up till 4.30am this morning it was a hard night trying to sleep I was melting and this is with 2 fans aimed at me and one is a supersonic one.

What: 6 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard : sleeping and not being able to run longer
    Lyrics: Yes

Is it September yet...

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Looking like a nice day here too.
    Working today but hope to catch a swim over lunchtime.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: fitness suite shorty

Why: needs to be done, and done before I go to cricket for the day. Sunblock will be needed!

Be careful not to overdo things, LMH! As you say you have already banked quite a few miles already this week! 

Good to see you on here JT! You seem to be going well on the miles front!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Easy run in the end last night as legs still hammered (that's what 4 track races in 3 days does to you!)
    What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - recovery / schedule
    last rest - 1/6
    last hard - Monday

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    No wonder those legs are mashed, Dustin. Take it easy.

LMH: Wot ale said. Think of the limited mileage left in those knees ...

"I did not get up till 4.30am" poppy - that's what I call a lie-in :D

Enjoy cricket, ale.

Hope dentist doesn't do anything nasty, em.

Yesterday's lyrics were Kate Bush, Cloudbusting and no, I never understood the opening line either. When the song came out I just figured the cloudbusting device shown in the video was called an orgonon :)

What: 10 miles
    Why: nice morning for it
    Last hard: it got a bit too warm for my liking, not helped by the fact that I ran the first few miles too fast as Garmin was playing up. Need to listen to my own speedometer. It was telling me things weren't right.
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: yes
  • Definitely learn to listen to your body chicksta - especially when it's warmer. I know that my runs are likely to be slower for the same effort when it's hot but that's the joy of running to feel.

It was dull and positively chilly when I headed out for my run, you'd have liked it Poppy. Fortunately it's brightened up now.

What's next in your racing calendar Dustin?

Hope you don't need anything doing at the dentist emzap.

It's all easy Alehouse - I'm just making the most of the good weather and slack time at work.

Hope you have time for your swim OH.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all. Hope you are all enjoying run and exercise. WP time for bed yet? :-)
    LMH: No effect on scan just timing as hospital is one hour away and appointment is early afternoon.
    Club night last night, tkd tonight so can't really squeeze it in. Also want ticker to be as sedentary as possible during scan :-)
    What: Just tkd
    Why: tis Wednesday
    Last hard: Club night....bit of a killer
    Last Rest: Hmmm
    Lyrics: appropriate and Jockanese methinks 
    Chick it was a lie in as normally up just after 3am :D  out bodies are good at letting us know what it wants and needs we just have to listen :)

As I hope the scan went well when will you know the results?

Bedtime is always early and a nice mid day nap ;)

Lmh I would have loved the cool start to your run..
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    WP how early is early? When I was at my dad's last week he was laughing at me as ever since I've been small I've gone to bed really early and needed lots of sleep. Not much changed there then!
    Em  7.30pm and me too always need lots of sleep :)
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • It certainly sounds as though it would be a stress to fit a run in SC - so not worth it in the circumstances.

I thought I went to bed early - usually by 2130hrs!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ditto lmh though I'm only normally up between 6 and 7. I need at least 8.5-9 hours or I'm useless!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Ups and downs this week.

Sunday, pain free.  Monday, bad pain in the upper side heel area.  Run cut short.

Then great session at club last night inc 54321 with 1 recovery and a half mile race on grass before and after.  Heel not an issue.

Today again bad pain in the same area, which I am now convinced is not my achilles but something else down there just off to the side, below the ankle and the achilles.

Not sure how one run can be fine and then back to pain the next day.  Only difference is stretching I suppose.  Och well, cest la vie.

Lyrics, nope! 
  • Strange Donaldo - if you didn't have such an aversion to them I'd suggest a visit to the physio to find out what it is before it gets any worse.

emxap - I'm usually up around 0530hrs at the latest but only because I can't sleep. Unfortunately that's the same no matter what time I go to bed so late nights take some recovering from.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I've been diagnosed by a friend in the last 20 minutes as having 

Retrocalcaneal Bursitis.

Its a good shout, sounds similar to my symptoms.  Will get back on ice and ibuprofen and see what happens.   I am getting closer to some physio!  
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Blimey, poppy! That is an early night and start to the day. I'm usually in bed by 9 and up around 4 or 5. Most nights I wake up at 2, unable to go back to sleep or if I do it's before the alarm.

Don: wot LMH said. Physio might help.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all. Fitting lyrics for me though I don't know them.
    Run my mile, just popping in to say things got really bad last night for Jodie. Awful svt. They couldn't slow it down with any procedures so they used a drug. SC will be aware of it I'm sure. She said it was horrific. But it worked .They've kept her in, they'll be doing a scan which has not been done oddly enough! She had chest infection and it's probably what caused this one this time . Steroids causing immune system to shut down hasn't helped. 
    Anyway I think I hope that now we get answers and Jodie is prepared for ablation or whatever as she has totally had enough of her girls seeing this happen. 
    Hope all is good with everyone, I'll resume normal messages tomorrow.
    Thank goodness for running though. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all...

sorry not been around much, work is hard and frustrating.... staying in Cardiff most the week is not helping... but have got some running done.

Generally feeling grumpy at present, getting some coaching hopefully in this respect and the work challenges... but basically been told I will be extended in my secondment and expected to take it as no one else is available to cover..... so not feeling tops, not enjoying the commute and not helpful when told plenty of people do... I know, blah blah etc, but that we moved last year to remove the commute as was tired ect and wanted a better home / work balance...... sorry rant over

6.75m hot run round Cardiff bay tonight

Take care