Thursday, 28 June 2018 - In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning!

Today's lyrics: In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Oh no, wabo. That's terrifying. Hugs to you and your family.

RFJ:  Sorry to hear that. Very frustrating indeed.

Guess I might be running better than the German football team yesterday :)

Let's see what those legs are up to.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Summer Son by Texas.

Really sorry to hear about Jodie Wabo. I hope they can get her sorted quickly.

Bursitis can take a long time to settle Donaldo - hope you can get on top of it quickly.

That doesn't sound like a good work/life balance RFJ. Must be more frustrating having moved.

Hope your legs were good to you this morning chicksta.

What:         hopefully a MLR
    Why:          gf coffee and caramel cake
    Last hard:  I'm keeping it easy
    Last rest:   12/6

Lyrics - not a scooby.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Wabo: So sorry to hear about Jodie I really hope they can sort it all out.

Chick: Sorry about your team but you are running well which is what it is all about;-)

What: 8.35 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Sleeping and getting up
    Lyrics: Not a chance:-)

Boy that was an awful  night and not a lot of sleeping  but I had a good run which is the first this week and a PB for course...little things:-)
    I feel a nap will happen later....
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Wabo - big hugs to you and yours, hoping for a speedy resolution
    RFJ - Sounds frustrating work wise after the recent location, at least you're getting some runs in.
    Slightly envious of the early nights & sleep patterns. 6.5 hours a night is a luxury these days (at least Mon-Fri anyway)

What - Mob Match: club run versus local rivals. Numbers I expect to be down because of the footy.
    Why - annual event
    last rest - 1/6
    last hard - Monday

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Doesn't sound like fun RFJ!

Things need sorting, Wabo!

What: probably fitness suite

Why: still all I can attempt
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Welshpoppy said:

Chick: Sorry about your team but you are running well which is what it is all about;-)

Haha, so true :-)  Well I said from the beginning that the Germans always shite after winning and I was right. They so deserve to go home. Those Koreans had not a hope of getting through to the next round but they were agile, fought hard and ran well and generally were a joy to watch. So they deserved to win, if only to send those other lazy buggers home.

Mob match sounds fun, Dustin. But weren't you supposed to take it a bit easier?

Managed another MLR with co-operating legs although my run still felt a bit laboured. I checked my weight today (usually not bothered) and it seems I lost 2kg. Guess I have to eat more :)  Now who said coffee caramel cake <3
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    And I think you all know the lyrics!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    Chick I don't know the lyrics?? I am going to kick myself I guess
    Jodie been discharged, back as outpatient for heart scan, on beta blockers which she hates but needs at the moment. Thanks all
    Good news, after being on my feet all day yesterday my back feels so much better today!! yay
    more good news, Cleo did the school  sports day race and she was first in her race.  She told me, nanna I saw them all start really fast and I thought  they'll get puffed.  I watched Cleo look along the line and suddenly surge forward and beat them all!! How does a 6 year old work that out?? I did tell her about the hare and the tortoise....

Alehouse, I so hope she will be sorted now, enjoy the fitness suite
    Dustin, got to love a mob match!! enjoy
    WP in spite of a bad night you had a pb and a good run, its a funny thing running!!
    LMH enjoy your run, we should all have that coffee and cake

what: 1 mile d&d this morning
    Why: erm sanity for sure
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Chick - I'm organizing the thing - marshals, timings etc. plus probably clearing up. The last thing I will be doing is running fast.
    Eldest is due back from Uni today so I'm hoping she may want a run out. That would be nice.
    Re the football, we were looking yesterday and S.Korea were 17/1 to win. Seemed stupidly long odds for a two horse race.
    Naturally had a  couple of quid on it, mainly to offset the £10 I had on the Germans to win the World Cup...
  • Accidental weight loss chicksta? Not a problem I have...........

I'm glad that Jodie is home Wabo and that your back feels better.

Hope you can do more than the fitness suite soon Alehouse.

That sounds more wearing than the race will be Dustin.

Nice running Poppy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 4 miles done, warm ,feet still sore
    Swim later
    Lunch out with friend just now

Adenosine for svt is apparently not a pleasant experience. It all but stops the heart allowing it to restart normally.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    exactly that OH she did say it was horrible and she felt her heart sort of convulsing when it got going again, but now it's done and she knows she'd be less worried next time 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Fortunately mine have always responded to Valsalva.
    Have had to cardiovert (shock) a young lady many years ago. This was before adenosine became the norm.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Normal service resumed by England. The good news is they won't be beaten on penalties by Germany. No doubt another team will do that instead.

What: fitness suite
    Why: to watch the first half of the above. Second half in pub. Now trying to cool down in the garden although it is still rather warm. Sports Day earlier and over 30 degrees. Kids were ok as staff brought in gazebos! 

Hope mob match went to plan Dustin.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Thanks all for the comments.

No run today, too much on :-(

Good part tomorrow is I am working from Swindon, before travelling to outlaws.... and Seaton parkrun on Sat morning (one I have yet to do.

Take care all

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds better, RFJ! I believe Seaton is pretty quick and finishes on the beach!