Saturday, 30 June 2018 - yo pretty ladies around the world

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning!

Hope those insoles help,  OH.

Was the Griffin still there,  ale?

Hope you feel better,  Poppy

Lyrics: to pretty ladies around the world

Yesterday's were Bittersweet Symphony, The Verve

Hoping for an LSR today, legs permitting :)

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you've had a good run chicksta.

What:           short and easy/gym
    Why:            Saturday's usually are/it's Mark's birthday and he wants to go
    Last hard:    I'm trying to keep it easy
    Last rest:     12/6

Lyrics - I think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

The Griffin was still there at 20:30 BST yesterday evening, Chick!

Yes, was bad in a previous life as well as this one, Emz!

What: fitness suite I imagine

Why: struggling to find other ways to retain any fitness. Discovered in the hydrotherapy pool yesterday that my knee is not keen on swimming. Nor am I actually!

Another beautiful day here, although a little chilly at present.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Don't blame you not liking swimming, ale. I really detest the chlorine stench.

Happy birthday Mark :) hope you two have a nice day, LMH.

22 miles done, nice and easy but last 2 were fast-ish (7:40). Breezy but enjoyable.  Feeling smug now.
  • Rest day
    Friend staying. Marathon tomorrow.
    Lyrics no

I'm not keen on indoor swimming either AH. Come to think of it, I'm not keen on indoor running either.

Haar away again and beautiful day beckoning ...

Happy birthday to Mark.
  • Nice fast finish long run chicksta.

Alehouse - your knee would probably be ok if you swam with a pull buoy.

I hope you can enjoy some of the nice day despite not running today OH.

I have passed on your birthday wishes.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Chick:You have every right to be smug well done on 22 miles your are speedy especially  in this heat well done!!

Ale: I hate swimming  full stop;-) Sorry to hear your knee did not like swimming!

LMH: I hope you and Mark have a lovely day together:-)

OH: Enjoy the rest day if you can how are the feet for the marathon tomorrow?

What: 7.1 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: the heat and sleeping and getting out of bed
    Lyrics:Nope but it is usually 50/50 with Chick's lyrics:-)

Way too hot here even at 4.45 it was warm!!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    OH: All best for your marathon tomorrow

Welsh: Too hot, agree fully, makes sleep awful.

LMH: Birthday weekend, wahay!

Chicksta: Wow, great miles, I imagine it is very hot where you are also.

Ale: Love/hate relationship swimming, love swimming, really do, but so many pools are so boring, swimming yay!, pools booooh!

Been doing a lot of travelling this week, been very busy, early starts out of the door, race back from other counties in my Suzuki like it is a space rocket, then quick squeeze of runs in limited time before evening activities of either my own or daughters. Managed an 8, 7 and 6 this week.

Just done a weak 6, I think totally knackered to be honest, had to keep stopping. A sorrowful attempt.

Going BBQ later, going to get some cold strong lager down, but going to get head down for some ZZZZs for an hour.

What: A shameful 6

Why: Well don't know really, should have rested but the draw was strong

Lyrics: Nope!

• I absolutely understand the draw being irresistible even when you know that resting would be a better option Benjy. Hope a nap and the beers and BBQ revive you. Will the mad rushing around be ending soon?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Benjy

Hope you have a restful day, OH

Noticed Gobi had a decent parkrun so he must be heading in the right direction. 

Worked quite hard in the fitness suite, mainly on the bike, which was not very exciting. Cross trainer, rower and treadmill all currently ruled out! Gardening isn't...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Cold here first thing. Had to sits the window. However, by 8:30 was boiling!

What: 12 km run to parkrun, 27:30 parkrun, 7 km to bus. 24km in total.
    Why: need to get that long run in. First 5 km were dreadful but told myself I'd walk every 10 min. Started off doing this but by the end didn't need it as much. Felt strong at the end. Now off to London town.
    Last hard: that in parts due to heat
    Lyrics: nope but did know yesterday

Ale hope you can find something to do soon!
    WP know what you mean about the heat
    Benjy well done for fitting all that in!
    Lmh hope the birthday celebrations go well
    Have a lovely saturday all

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done Emz! Enjoy that London!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nice run today.  Few days rest, ice and ibuprofen, plenty of stretching before going out, pretty much pain free.   Easy 5K out then same back in just under 20 mins, enjoyable time trial and bang on target. 

On hols now so feeling a massive sense of freedom.  The last month was the toughest of my working life.

Lyrics, yes! 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    PS got new Pegasus 35 trainers..  best shoe ever, no doubt. 
  • Pulled a few weeds in garden today.

Re swimming Benjy: don't like pools, don't swim in pools!  ;)
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Aaaaarghh! Domestic lap top died yesterday. So much to do and know time. On borrowed lap top. Garmin died on run tonight too! didn't even store run up to death!
    Will catch up. Donaldo: Loved Pegasus before I moved to Triax. Been a tart and played around last 3-4 years as Nike got too pricey even in clearance!
    Ale et al...I hate swimming too.
    Chicksta: Nice miles
    What: parkrun (SB21.18. 1s ec improvement) followed by 15.7K on leg 10 of Cotswold Way Relay. No idea of time, position etc as Garmin dead. Grr. Flipping hot and hilly
    Why: Saturday and what we do and daft idea which seemed good idea at the time
    Last Hard: Oh tonight:
    Last Rest; Yesterday
    Lyrics: Yes
    Will try and catch up and get laptop sorted on Monday. Have a good weekend all