Sunday 1st July 2018 - These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel

Morning.

Lyrics - These four lonely walls have changed the way I feel

Hope you have a good run with pain free feet OH (well, as much as you can whilst running a marathon!).

Uhoh, hope there isn't a third thing SC........well done on the SB.

A lovely bright start to July here though forecast to be a little breezy. Not sure what the legs are going to agree to run wise, they are feeling a little fragile. I'm giving serious consideration to dropping any marathon plans for the rest of the year. I think racing the two so close together has had an impact and getting straight back into training after Yeovil (with Preston in mind) probably wasn't the most sensible idea. I've PBd at 51, maybe that should be enough for now and a little shorter distance focus would be better. No decision made as yet though, I do love the marathon.

What:            easy miles
Why:             enjoying the weather
Last hard:     deciding what to do next
Last rest:      12/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

SC: Oh dear I hope Garmin starts working again  they are strange creatures sometime draining the battery then charging them up gets them to work again or a hard reset.Well  done on your races.Technology can be a pain!

OH: Good luck  today!!

LMH:Maybe see how the  summer of shorter distances go then decide what you want to do with regards to the marathon.

What: 8.45 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard:  Sleeping and the heat
    Lyrics: Yes I think so

It is hard work getting up early on  limited sleep  and no let up in temps that I can see:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy, OH!

What: fitness suite

Why: I know my limitations

Anyone else racing?

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Rest for me today (if you count getting back from south London to worcestershire rest).  Friend's 2nd floor flat is unbearably hot so didn't sleep much either!

Good luck oh
    Lmh sometimes you have to listen to your body.
    Legs don't feel too bad after yesterday. A tiny bit of calf stiffness but seeing as it was my longest run since October I think that's ok.

Have a lovely day all
  • Suncreamed up
    20mph tailwind and 18C forecast
    (Rain later)
    St Magnus Marathon
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds sensible, LMH. At our age we have to be careful and sometimes less is more. Backing off now may reward you with another PB at VLM :)

OH: Go well!

Benjy: blimey,  there's a lot on your plate right now.

SC: excellent parkrun SB. Rubbish about the other stuff.

Perfect summer weather here.  Warm but not unbearably hot during the day and cool at night.

What: 2 hours on the bike early doors
    Why: non-running day (body can't handle 7 days of running in a row)
    Last hard: don't really do hard
    Last rest: 21/6
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Word up, Cameo
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sunrise this morning :)

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Completely wazzocked this morning. Aching in places I didn't know could ache and lousy night's sleep.Three very black toe nails. Running in trail shoes on a trail when it's gone rock hard...hmmm, whatamistakatomaka! Apart from that and sti feeling dehydrated I'm fine. Just need to track down my t-shirt. They were given to team captain's early in the day. Ours were put on another running club's mini-bus, which subsequently broke down and was taken away. The organisers allowed an extra 18 team entries and so were 200 medals short. They were ordered but haven't arrived. I really want a souvenir from yesterday as for once, I really had to work very hard mentally, so think I deserve something! Rant over. Still alive-check, still got a sense of humour-check, got all my physical needs covered-check. Move on :-)
    Nice miles WP, great pic Chicksta, enjoy the easy miles LMH, hope the fitness suite isn't too tedious Ale. I'll share that rest Emz. Take care in that wind OH and good luck.
    What: Rest
    Why: Body tells me I need it
    Last hard: Seeing my Garmin freeze and then running 5kish conservatively
    Last Rest: WiP
    Lyrics: Nope

• Sounds like great conditions OH.

Nice photo chicksta.

Hope you get your medal and t-shirt SC - it sounds as though you earned them!

Sounds positive emzap.

Well done for getting the miles in Poppy.

You are doing well to motivate yourself to the fitness suite Alehouse, I hope your hard work pays off.

Funny old game this running lark, yesterday I dragged myself round a tired 8 miles, this morning was warmer, though with less of a breeze, and I ran a happy progressive 20 miles.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great pic chicksta.
    SC, righteous pain!  Great effort.

Good long running LMH.

10 miles for me, a bit of pain for the first 7 Miles then nothing for the last 3, which were all about 7 mins.  Total time 76 mins or so and starting to get used to the heat. 

Lyrics, no, but I like them. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, can be lonely being a head, Don, in the small walls of an office! Don't rush things running-wise!

Like the pic, Chick!

Knee felt a fair bit better on waking today but for the first time the exercise bike led to some localised pain which, to be fair, did recede with stretching.

Hope all is sorted re missing parts and failed technology, SC!

Twenty sounds good, LMH! And yes, the body works in weird and wonderful ways. 

Barbeque here later: one son was coming round, but now it is the other son as well and daughter and her boy friend: I think they can take over the cooking between them.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Chick ; Lovely photo:-)

SC: I hope you can track down your t shirt and medal you sure earned it  yesterday.Is your garmin working today?

LMH: It sure is a funny  and wonderful how our body reacts!

Big excitement  the Sky is crying it started off like drizzle it is hammering down I have stood outside just getting very wet;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression