Tuesday, 3 July 2018 - last night I had the strangest dream

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Today's lyrics: last night I had the strangest dream

Poor Jodie, wabo. I really hope there's help on the horizon.

Epic OH!! And fab pics.

Sometimes it's good to run naked (as in Garmin-less), Benjy. Strangely my best races were those when technology failed and I had to rely on feel.

Nice cool morning, so hopefully something medium longish.

It's only getting warm late morning so perfect for me.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Lovely Day - Bill Withers.

You're looking very fresh at the finish there OH.

I like to have my Garmin stats to record Benjy but only use it for information, you could try changing it so that only the distance is visible? 

Hope you enjoyed your run chicksta. Typically it's forecast to be a bit breezy here today but better tomorrow - when work will interfere with my running plans.

Sounds as though you're enjoying the holidays Donaldo.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            it's about being out and enjoying it
    Last hard:    deciding my race plans
    Last rest:      12/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Sounds a delightful run OH, still a decent time after all.
    What - club night (hill reps)
    Why - coaching 
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - probably today
    Must be all the hot weather, but awoke yesterday with a sore throat and the sniffles, turned into a fully fledged cold today. Ridiculous.

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Morning,

Oh You look fresh as a  daisy and sounds a great race:-0
    Wabo: Sorry I do hope some good news for Jodie soon:-(

Benjy: It sounds to me like you got your money's worth from your Garmin and hope the nails look nice in purple:-) I think the older garmins are more sturdier especially for those that take the odd tumble;-)

SC:  So glad you got your Garmin to work and received your T shirt and medal:-)

Ale: Thank you for code but would not work for me I wonder if it is just for England?

Chick: I have seen those sprinklers in parks in England and abroad but none near me;-(

What: 8.45 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: The heat
    Lyrics: Yes

Legs were heavy today so a big girl pants run for me but miles in the bank.in other news 2 small puddles are left so I ran through them no idea if they will be there tomorrow.Garmin news my new refurbished Garmin has been shipped out yesterday
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • A pain about the code Poppy. Well done for getting the miles in when it didn't feel good.

Hope you can shake the cold off quickly Dustin.

My left knee wasn't good walking Grace this morning so I shall magic cream it and see what happens.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chick yes I must admit to feeling sorry for Jodie, I do what I can but have to come to work so I know I am leaving her with a struggle.  She has split with her partner too. I won't go in to the whys and wherefores, lets just say it's best and when she is well enough she will be better off! Right her and now though it makes things very tough for us.
    OH what an epic marathon report! My first Snowdonia was with foot issues like that and continuously stopping wriggling stretching to eek another couple of miles out! Well toughed out!!
    LMH hope your knee is better later
    wp nice early morning miles
    dustin hope the cold doesnt get too bad, enjoy the club

what: only  a mile
    why: girls staying with me and lyla melt down at 5.40, not time to fit anything else
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

I have to miss England tonight but it is to watch Cleo in her ballet show so I do it quite happily
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    wabo: if it rains, it pours. I think Jodie and your family are due some good luck now. Cleo's ballet will be loads more fun to watch than the footie ;)

Poppy: Same for me with the code. I think it's for England only. And sprinkler was the word that didn't come to my mind yesterday :)  Well toughed out run. Mine was similar.

Dustin: We have loads of sick people in the office. Looks like a bout of summer colds is making the rounds.

Benjy: For some very strange reason I have Billy Connolly's voice in my head now saying purple :D I know his is a Scottish accent but I can't seem to get rid of it now :)

What: 14 miles
    Why: was up early enough
    Last hard: today was harder than it should have been but they can't all be good runs. The sun got to me and it was warmer than anticipated. Plus I ran against a fierce wind in parts.
    Last rest: 21/6
  • Warmer and windier than expected here too chicksta - and fourteen miles run!

Poor Jodie, hope she's getting all of the bad stuff out of the way at once Wabo. I'd rather go to Cleo's ballet show than watch the footie:-)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post yesterday.  Went to club and did 6x400 with 200 recovery.  All at a good clip too so feel I'm improving  Today rest.

Chick, have to be careful when Germans say it's good to run naked: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/4392685/Swiss-tell-naked-German-ramblers-to-take-a-hike.html

Wabo oh big big hugs coming your way.

Benjy send a pic once you've done those toenails :tongue:

OH great work yesterday.

Ale good luck with the results.

Poppy you're lucky to have some rain (though as LMH says, overnight would be best!).

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hope Cleo does you proud, Wabo!

What: aim to do my hour of Pilates by 7pm
    Why: some football match in Russia

Have got my referral letter from GP re scan on knee. Need to pass that on to physio. Might try some of your magic cream LMH: obviously works for you! What do you use?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's one I bought in the USA Alehouse called Real Time Pain Relief. The first year we went to Florida I couldn't run because my left knee was really bad and as we were walking round a market a lady had a stand selling this and urged me to try some on it, after rubbing it in and continuing on my way I couldn't believe how much better my knee felt (I didn't expect it to at all, I'm not a great believer in snake oil!) so went back and bought some then I bought a new tube last year when we were there. It's this stuff: https://rtpr.com/ I don't know if you can buy it in the UK.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    you can get it from Amazon, I'm thinking about it as well alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • What 48.5 miles on bike with Elspeth
    Why: suicide wish? (Haven't cycled any where near that distance in last 30 years)
    Last hard: see above (tougher than marathon!)
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics no

Hope the cold is short lived dustin
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Nice cycling!

Tough today, 16 x 1 min runs with 1 recovery.  Heat nearly unbearable.

Enjoying the holiday by spending the day at work.  The life of a Heedie! 

Lyrics, aye!